+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help on build, AS/Rift/BD

Soulwalker

Default Need help on build, AS/Rift/BD

I'm fairly new to the game. I've played in the last 2 beta events, mage and war. Think I'm going to roll a rogue for launch.

I've looked at the trees and it seems if I want good DPS PvE with some PvP shinanigans I should go with Assassin/Bladedancer/Riftstalker

If anyone knows a good way to allocate points.... I feel I should focus on Assassin and blade as main 2 and use rift for the 15m jump, thoughts on this? Any ideas will help!! Link possible builds if you could!

Shadowlander

I second that request, please

I never intended this build to be used to PVP, but I bet it's viable. It's a very simple full Bladedancer build but it is exactly the souls you asked for.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...usRRGdz.0VMc.V

Assassin/Riftstalker are strictly for crit/bleed/attack bonus, all other points into Bladedancer.

I would recommend no more than 26 points in BD. The rhythmic abilities are simply not worthwhile. Your real benefits in BD come in the first 26 points and additional points don't increas your power. Flash of Steel is awesome. Deadly Dance is good. The reactives are handy when soloing and in PvP.

Assassin gets a lot of its power in the opener and stacking bleeds. This is your group/raid PvE dps. You want Impale.

Rift is nice for the healing boost to synergize with Leeching Poison. Either go 8 points or go a lot of points in Rifstalker, but don't so something in between in my opinion.

This build is based on my experiences to level 31.
    Asn/BD/RS
    Last edited by Ibliss; 02-17-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ibliss View Post
    I would recommend no more than 26 points in BD. The rhythmic abilities are simply not worthwhile. Your real benefits in BD come in the first 26 points and additional points don't increas your power. Flash of Steel is awesome. Deadly Dance is good. The reactives are handy when soloing and in PvP.
    Blade and Soul Parity definitely seem worth it IMO, 50% crit increase and no energy cost is insane. Nobody knows what end-game will be like yet, I for one think this build will work greatly. I'm sure that your build is great too, but that was my input.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ibliss View Post

Assassin gets a lot of its power in the opener and stacking bleeds. This is your group/raid PvE dps. You want Impale.

Rift is nice for the healing boost to synergize with Leeching Poison. Either go 8 points or go a lot of points in Rifstalker, but don't so something in between in my opinion.

This build is based on my experiences to level 31.
    Asn/BD/RS
    Would you do those 26 points in the first 26 levels? It seems like Assassin might be better for leveling and grouping early on? Possibly slowly building BladeDancer while maxing Assassin for battlegrounds and PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathic View Post
    Would you do those 26 points in the first 26 levels? It seems like Assassin might be better for leveling and grouping early on? Possibly slowly building BladeDancer while maxing Assassin for battlegrounds and PvE?
    Yes since it is a 51 point bladedancer build I would probably not worry about the other 2 trees until higher levels since they don't offer any skills but more passive abilities.

Soulwalker

I'm starting to lean towards Infiltrator instead of riftwalker and doing a Assassin/Infiltrator so I can do battlegrounds early, main assassin secondary infiltrator. Wondering how much this will hurt me in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Deathic View Post
    I'm starting to lean towards Infiltrator instead of riftwalker and doing a Assassin/Infiltrator so I can do battlegrounds early, main assassin secondary infiltrator. Wondering how much this will hurt me in PvE
    You get 4 builds so I wouldn't worry about making your build good in both PVE and PVP so much, just try to make the best for each situation.

Rift Disciple

For PvE, in my experience, up to lvl 36. This is the build for melee rogue.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0o.McRfxcfVz0M

Just enough to get the spammable AoE, Weapon Flare, in the Nightblade tree (8 targets!) that all of the bleeds and poisons work with and Dusk Strike a 2cp building ability to go with Puncture (2 skills, 4cp). Can fill in the assassin tree as you level or elsewhere. And yes, you want Impale.

For PvP

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bRd0o.E0dV00MM

There not the souls you picked but you lose DPS if you dont use Nightblade and if you spec a few more points get a ranged snare too so fairly survivable.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-18-2011 at 03:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread