+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Effective Rogue PvP

Default Most Effective Rogue PvP

So I'm level 27. Trying to get through PvP, having an awful time. It's not because I suck, I just don't think I've found the right build/technique. Through the levels I have been playing an Assassin/Bladedancer/Saboteur, which works pretty well for PvE, stunning mobs, bursting on them, etc. but it's lagging behind in PvP. I will sneak up on someone fighting in PvP, throw my stun, do my combo builders, and a finished and repeat, but I'm still not doing enough damage to be effective and usually die more than I kill.

If anyone has found a rogue build that works best for PvP, please post it, and explain how it works and how you play it.

P.S., I've been using MM/Ranger/Sin, and it's good for PvP, but not good when the enemy is focused on me.
    When life gets you down . . . make a comforter.
    Jake - Sacred Fire - Sunrest

Bump! Everyone is in-game ):

Obviously Sab is doing nicely in PvP. Last night level 25 I was doing pretty well with a Sab/NB/RS build. You have stealth and a sap in addition to the control bombs and charges of a Sab, NB adds the 15% to finishers which can help for nice big denotation crits. This is of course till people figure out to cleanse the charges, which I didnt see at all. But a lot of people like Sab and have been doing really well with it.

A build similar to this, change some points around see what works for you:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MiTp.V0x.VcRbE00k

I have also been trying out a NB/Sin/X build, I am liking that setup and the mix of range/melee of NB. I would say give NB as main spec a try and see how you like it. I have used RS for the teleport and currently DB for the dodge increase both have some uses.

Something like this I think, mind you I just looked at some builds on here and checked them out to see how it played:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MiMp.VhtRMohRo.0Vzc

I havent tried Bard yet which is on my list, but I have heard rumblings of people doing well in PvP with a bard, hard to tell how good it is with all the BS people spew.

Originally in Beta 5/6 I played MM/Ranger/Sab mostly MM and did well in WF, but I wanted to get a feel for all rouge souls to make sure that is indeed the class for me.

I am sure someone has much better specs then those 2 and I likely fracked something up
    Last edited by Sibylla; 02-17-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Telaran

I played a cleric to 29 but I started a rouge this go around. I made a nightblade and granted I'm only knocking on the door of lvl 15 I'm LOVING it. I paired it with riftstalker and blade dancer (only using blade dancer for the free +50% dodge CD).

It has a decent amount of personal utility and I like being able to do some dmg from afar as I close in.

Asesen is god

and sabo is p cool aswell

and bard has nice hells

http://SVentures.guildpower.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Meat shield/meat lance. Meat jousting? Come find out who has the better meat! Lance against Lance!

Plane Touched

Sab and MM are the two top easiest DDs. Bard is a very effect support/healer in PvP.

Most people will disagree, because it is harder to do, but assassin is a very efficient target killer. You need someone dead? Assassin is capable of doing it.

I cant deal out **** damage right now with assassin and I die almost instantly. ): Damn this is frustrating.

Currently marksman and sabo builds are the best for PvP.

I'm destroying in PvE right now as Sin, but I just tickle people in PvP. ):

Rift Disciple

At 27 I would go Nightblade as well assassin offspec. I had this build at that level. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.0V0c.VhtoG0xM.z it was super fun and deadly. Start from range, use Dark Malody whille running in, ranged snare, 3 fiery spikes, Finisher when you get into melee then dusk strike and primal strike into another finsiher. If you need to, just snare and fiery spike kite them with the other ranged tools. Stealth to sneak away. Make sure both weapon enchants are up at all times. Range and melee are almost equally as effective. Flame Thrust for ranged finisher too, hits for 800+ at 32.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-17-2011 at 10:02 PM.

I'm personally level 29 and playing Assassin as my main spec with my excess points in Bladedancer for the hit (and in a few more levels, the 2nd tier +50% white hit damage too), and 5 points in Ranger for the extra Crit. Ranger because I have the ranged abilities available at all times, Quick Shot (main damage for combo point), Splinter Shot(Bleed for 2 combo points) and the combo finisher which is AMAZING to swap to in so many situations. That's probably my biggest love for this game. They in melee range? Click a melee skill. Out of range? Just ram your ranged abilities to do some damage. I've lost track of how often I killed someone with these when they ran away from me after they realized they're about dead soon. I might drop it when I get my ranged abilities from the melee spec soon, but for now it's just simply awesome. I'll be going up my Bladedancer soul soon, to grab the Flash of Steel (gap closer) and that will offer me a get-away and a gap-closer possibly to secure a kill.

I have zero survivability, and if I'm up against 2 or more I'm dead.

However... if I find someone 1v1 in a semi-remote place, and I can open... He's going down. And that is just the playstyle I kinda like really Securing a flag and just messing with people so they can't cap it, grabbing someone 1v1 whenever I have the chance.

I must say that I haven't tried Sab yet actually, I'm liking assassin's PvE damage too much to give it up :X
    Last edited by rEDNiNE; 02-17-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    ASUS P6T SE - INTEL I7 930 @ 3.6 GHz - 3X2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz - 2X ATI 4890 HD's - 27" HD MONITOR (2MS) - LOGITECH G500 MOUSE/OCZ ALCHEMY ELIXIR KEYBOARD

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar Puma View Post
    So I'm level 27. Trying to get through PvP, having an awful time. It's not because I suck, I just don't think I've found the right build/technique. Through the levels I have been playing an Assassin/Bladedancer/Saboteur, which works pretty well for PvE, stunning mobs, bursting on them, etc. but it's lagging behind in PvP. I will sneak up on someone fighting in PvP, throw my stun, do my combo builders, and a finished and repeat, but I'm still not doing enough damage to be effective and usually die more than I kill.

If anyone has found a rogue build that works best for PvP, please post it, and explain how it works and how you play it.

P.S., I've been using MM/Ranger/Sin, and it's good for PvP, but not good when the enemy is focused on me.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Aubo.0VMft0boz

This has been my build for my PvP role obviously minus some points since I'm only lvl 39. It really starts to shine once you get hit and run. I am not exactly sure how the points work for the PvP tree and the prestige rank unlocks. If you get more points to play with for that tree in particular or not.

Anyway, you need to be able to kite or it prolly won't work really well. Blind and repelling shot works really well though to build some space between a melee and you. Of course at 40 points in MM you'll get the little agile escape self punt which will be really nice as well.

I enjoy it though I get plenty of kills in sc's so far and the more I flesh it out the better the build is working. The perma stealth thing from assassin is really more for Orvr ganking that can be removed if you're not doing that.

Either way, sabs seem to be the odds on favorite for most hated which usually signals nerf. The amount of crying that people do about it is getting to fever pitch. I personally think most are just too low lvl and too low on knowledge about the game at this point to really start crying for nerfs on anything just yet.

Also when healers figure out how to cleanse and all that sabs will most likely start to balance out some more.
    Last edited by Cunning; 02-17-2011 at 10:19 PM.

I'm eventually going to use http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ofzccod0o.VI0c, though PVP Rankups should take a good while to fully unlock the Inf. Tree

the basic idea here is to be an extremely mobile stunlocker with a nice amount of crit and stacking DOTs

Quote Originally Posted by Jancith View Post
    I'm eventually going to use http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ofzccod0o.VI0c, though PVP Rankups should take a good while to fully unlock the Inf. Tree

the basic idea here is to be an extremely mobile stunlocker with a nice amount of crit and stacking DOTs
    Not to spoil your fun, but stunlocking is impossible thanks to the diminishing returns.
    Play to Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
    I played a cleric to 29 but I started a rouge this go around. I made a nightblade and granted I'm only knocking on the door of lvl 15 I'm LOVING it. I paired it with riftstalker and blade dancer (only using blade dancer for the free +50% dodge CD).

It has a decent amount of personal utility and I like being able to do some dmg from afar as I close in.
    I cant deal out **** damage right now with assassin and I die almost instantly. ): Damn this is frustrating.
    In my experience nightblade seems to be alot better for a stealth-like melee rogue rather than assassin given that nightblade has higher burst and can use many of their skills from range (such as the ambush-like skill)....also the nightblade skills dont have positional requirements attached to their main combo pt builders, which is also very handy in pvp where its difficult to stay on someone without spamming snares/stuns/incapacitates.
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast