+ Reply to Thread

Thread: graphical bug with riftstalker

Soulwalker

Default graphical bug with riftstalker

So i tanked my first instance tonight but had a few issues with the graphics of my buffs disappearing. Anyone else have this issue with guarded steel being the most obvious of them, not showing the visual on your character?

Soulwalker

If you're talking about the little shield on back, yes.

If you're talking about the actual buff icons, no.

It is annoying as you then have to watch your buffs rather than keep an eye down around your character where things are happening.

I'm just hoping that after release some kind of addon or something is released that's similar to PowerAuras for WoW.

Being able to track your buffs with easy to see graphics around your character rather than scanning through a bunch of buff icons will help RS tanking tremendously.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mistos View Post
    So i tanked my first instance tonight but had a few issues with the graphics of my buffs disappearing. Anyone else have this issue with guarded steel being the most obvious of them, not showing the visual on your character?
    yea it pisses me off sometimes cause i gotta keep looking at my actual buffs

Soulwalker

I noticed that when I had Guarded Steel active and the shield on my back, when I backed into a wall with my right mouse button held down for mouse steering, as long as I held the mouse button down, the shield would orbit in my view (though the body is not visible).

Quite an interesting effect. Also, the graphical effects of my weapons orbited along with the shield.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    Being able to track your buffs with easy to see graphics around your character rather than scanning through a bunch of buff icons will help RS tanking tremendously.
    Agreed. Hearing bards complain about having to keep up 5 one-button-no-conditions-need-to-be-met motifs on a 30 sec timer is pretty laughable if you've tried tanking as a Riftstalker.

That being said - is it possible (not near my gaming machine) to put your buffs in a pretty visible spot and enlarge them ?

That, coupled with some kind of "Only show self-buffs" flag would be a big help.
    Caveat: I have no idea if such a flag already exists. Without the flag, it'd be a tad more confusing.

A PowerAuras clone would be ideal - but I'm not holding my breath for that one.
    Last edited by Glandur; 02-18-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Telaran

I'll take advantage of this post to present another issue to Riftstalker community:
    I'm the only one haveing textures problem after shifting?
    To me lit lokks like the ability that help you reach the target have been modified letting a bigger "Z" azis range (I can reach enemy in an higher or lower position than me now), But some time this create prblem with the texture.
    From the opening of beta 7 I litterally fell trough the textures. This is annoying: thanks to developers it won't make you die but you'll be teleported to closest spawing point but cause loss of time.
    And if you were tanking this can create problem to all the party!
    If you are in Warfront it will make you respawn in the outside world in a spot different from where you started the warfront.
    Another time I was TRAPPED (!!!) INSIDE the big tree that stay near the guardian spawning point in the Balck Garden (the one where guardians who took the Fang usually take cover). I could not interact with people outside nor thay can do it with me untill I found a way to see "outside" through an edge and can shift there.
    Those issues never happened to me before Beta 7! Now they happen about 2 times per evening!
    No other shifter experimented problems like those?

+ Reply to Thread