+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker/Bladedancer Build

Default Riftstalker/Bladedancer Build

I've been wanting to try and come up with something for Bladedancer besides using it as an additional soul in an Assassin build or just for dodge chance.

I figured that Bladedancer would work well with Riftstalker. BD has a lot of good avoidance built in, which complements RS tanking.

Threw in 5 points in Sab for the 15% dex which benefits dodge chance. Also considering finding three points somewhere and taking Bard to 8 for Cadence.

Some good synergies I can see include Rift Scavenger, Combat Culmination, and Planar Switch. If you get 5 CP on a target before they go down, you heal 30% of your health (are these percentage heals also affected by Boosted Recovery?), gain a 15% bonus to Dodge/Parry/Hit/Crit, and then you have 5 Combo points to start on your next target (if I understand how all these mechanics work correctly).

DPS would not be great, but he's very tanky. Mobile thanks to RS and parts of BD. BD also has some good stuff for controlling targets with interrupt/silence, stun, and disarm.

This is the build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xIthho0okkR.V

Let me know if I'm off base or if I might be on to something workable with a few tweaks. Envisioned this as a tank/harass build in Warfronts.
    Last edited by Haliit; 02-18-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Hoping anyone with more experience with RS and BD can give me some feedback

Yeah I was looking at making a Bladedancer heavy build myself ... it's kinda reminding me of DAoC's Savage with timered ability buffs and a focus on avoidance ='s DPS.

I only got into the high teens on my Rogue (18 I think?), but I was predominantly Bladedancer/Rifstalker on her and she was pretty beastly (at least in Pve).

+ Reply to Thread