+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dang hippies..

Vio
    Soulwalker

Default Dang hippies..

Been running around on my lowbie pre-20 rogue and overall i am enjoying the class and various specs. Even taking out ppl a couple levels higher hasn't been much of a problem. So when i see this other rogue who is two levels above me i go for it.

Got the drop on him, good burst dmg, he is down to 25% now....and then he breaks out the guitar and flute.

Before i know wtf is going on he is prancing around playing his tunes "Blriing! Blriing!" making my toon do all sorts of strange shiznit and healing himself to full in the process. In the end, i got my arse kicked by a guitar/banjo.

Never tried the Bard out before but after seeing what they are capable of when it comes to controlling the direction of a battle i may now lol. Dare i say it but a well played Bard may very well be one of the best kept secrets in the game from what i have witnessed. Dang hippies!!! ;)

Ascendant

Not really a secret - if you check the general forums you will see Bard is one of the most discussed classes. Personally, since Bard is really a support class... I'm happy they are so popular.

I love my bard.
    But be prepared to be a buffer, and not the sole healer or DPSer or tank.
    We are filler, and we do it so well.
    Last edited by Fraxture; 02-17-2011 at 12:21 PM.

3 button wonders these bards...

Rift Disciple

I love my bard. It will be the only soul I play till max level to begin with.
    However, 1v1? Anyone who is not a pure tank spec with almost no +damage talents will pwn a bard at even levels.
    Bard can't outheal a cleric/chloro.
    Bard can't outdps ANYONE specced for dps.
    Bards can't tank for ****e.

So yeah. We're gonna get nerfed eventually, but it won't be because you got pwned in 1v1 pvp by someone with some points in the bard soul. :P

Rift Master

I find 1v1 bards are difficult to get down tbh.

when more people have heal debuffs, bards will be cannon fodder in 1v1 situations. Not saying they arent fun or good against some classes, but they arent going to be king **** of the dueling/ganking scene at level 50 IMO (maybe as a complement to another soul but i dont think so as primary spec). They have no burst heals, except virtuoso COR spam.

They are a really fun class for group play, but if your trying to take down a bard you mostly have to just keep backstepping him so he cant get many casts off. It's sort of unfortunate but the mostly successful positioning strategies in pvp seem to be constant backstepping (esp on bard cause they need to target you to heal) and jumping back and forth over people's heads....

bard/ranger/rift is a nice all purpose pve/pvp setup

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    I find 1v1 bards are difficult to get down tbh.
    Cadence is a channeled ability, and the bread and butter of the bard soul.
    This means that is one of the most easily interruptable abilities in the game.

I'm not going to tell you to learn to play, but I'd advise you to rethink your tactics when engaging a bard in 1v1 pvp.

Soulwalker

Bards are one thing, hippies are quite another. Hippies will pwn yer azz with their over powered Patchouli Stink skill.

+ Reply to Thread