+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Put bard motifs on a cooldown

Shadowlander

Default Put bard motifs on a cooldown

Motifs last from 15 to 30 seconds. Putting them on a seven or eight second cooldown would not prevent you from keeping them up whatsoever. What a cooldown would do is allow you to make a friggin macro so you can bind them to one key instead of several. It would cast the first available skill, save some room on my hotbars, and save some carpal tunnel syndrome.

Soulwalker

Pleeeeease no. It's not even that difficult to keep motif's up when talented, and tbh, you are only casting them all about once every 30 seconds. As a melee or range dps class, you use way more than 5 abilities in 30 seconds while in combat; so really, if you are doing what your suppose to, you are getting less carpal tunnel by playing a bard. Especially considering our only other attack is basically cadence plus a finisher.

Also, this game isn't that difficult to begin with, so i'm strongly against making it even easier with macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tusc View Post
    Motifs last from 15 to 30 seconds. Putting them on a seven or eight second cooldown would not prevent you from keeping them up whatsoever. What a cooldown would do is allow you to make a friggin macro so you can bind them to one key instead of several. It would cast the first available skill, save some room on my hotbars, and save some carpal tunnel syndrome.
    LoL don't play a bard if you cannot handle it.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

I really hope they don't implement what OP is asking for...

Although it would be nice if they reintroduced /wait as an available macro function, which would make everybody happy.
    Dear Africa, you helped me write this...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by A Better Bard View Post
    Pleeeeease no. It's not even that difficult to keep motif's up when talented, and tbh, you are only casting them all about once every 30 seconds. As a melee or range dps class, you use way more than 5 abilities in 30 seconds while in combat; so really, if you are doing what your suppose to, you are getting less carpal tunnel by playing a bard. Especially considering our only other attack is basically cadence plus a finisher.

Also, this game isn't that difficult to begin with, so i'm strongly against making it even easier with macros.
    You are correct. I use way more abilities with my other souls. Which is why I would like the ****ing space for hotkeys. And with the cooldown I still have the exact same number of button presses as without.

Keeping motifs up does not require skill. It just requires hotkeys. A warrior can drop like 7 skills on one hotkey because they are either reactive skills that depend on a specific condition being met, or they are on a cooldown. The macro just casts the first skill in the list that it can. They don't have to watch for someone to dodge so they can use their hard hitting skill that only works after the opponent dodges. They just spam one key, and if they dodge, it will use that ability. It saves a ton of room on their keybinds as well.

It isn't about the ability or the skill to pull it off. If you think anything about it requires skill then I don't know what to say to you. I can do it just fine, it's just a pain in the *** that half my hot bar is filled with this crap.

You are correct. I use way more abilities with my other souls. Which is why I would like the ****ing space for hotkeys. And with the cooldown I still have the exact same number of button presses as without.

Keeping motifs up does not require skill. It just requires hotkeys. A warrior can drop like 7 skills on one hotkey because they are either reactive skills that depend on a specific condition being met, or they are on a cooldown. The macro just casts the first skill in the list that it can. They don't have to watch for someone to dodge so they can use their hard hitting skill that only works after the opponent dodges. They just spam one key, and if they dodge, it will use that ability. It saves a ton of room on their keybinds as well.

It isn't about the ability or the skill to pull it off. If you think anything about it requires skill then I don't know what to say to you. I can do it just fine, it's just a pain in the *** that half my hot bar is filled with this crap.
    Stop crying like I said you cannot handle it don't play bard.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Shadowlander

Nobody is crying. I am making a suggestion to improve gameplay. You don't agree. I get it. Thanks for bumping my thread though.

Why Improve what isn't broken?

How are you out of hotkeys?

there are like 11 hotbars x 12 buttons is a lot of dang buttons, which you can bind to anything you want (121 buttons isn't enough!?)
    Last edited by Telal; 02-17-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

could we just remove the whole pushing buttons thing as an integral part of playing this game, i find it too challenging.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    could we just remove the whole pushing buttons thing as an integral part of playing this game, i find it too challenging.
    Yeah....

Look, there are macros in this game. People use them. For most souls they can be used to very good effect. If you don't use macros and don't understand trying to streamline your keybind layout to maximize efficiency, then have fun getting steamrolled by everyone who does. You still have to play the game and use the right skills at the appropriate time even when using macros. But they can be useful. It's why they have them.

It's not that big of a issue for me if they don't change the bard motifs. But it just seems a little silly to tie up that many hotkeys on such a trivial thing . So I made a suggestion. Feel free to keep thinking that everyone who uses macros must be a bad player. It will just get you killed.

Yeah....

Look, there are macros in this game. People use them. For most souls they can be used to very good effect. If you don't use macros and don't understand trying to streamline your keybind layout to maximize efficiency, then have fun getting steamrolled by everyone who does. You still have to play the game and use the right skills at the appropriate time even when using macros. But they can be useful. It's why they have them.

It's not that big of a issue for me if they don't change the bard motifs. But it just seems a little silly to tie up that many hotkeys on such a trivial thing . So I made a suggestion. Feel free to keep thinking that everyone who uses macros must be a bad player. It will just get you killed.
    I guess it's a good thing that bard do not have any reactionary abilities then.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Soulwalker

Hi, im a prideful bard that takes pleasure in overly tedious gameplay mechanics and tries to make other people feel like they are wrong by wanting to streamline the process. Whaaa? You would rather be able to hit 1 button 4 times every 30 seconds then hit 4 buttons?! FOOLISH NON BARD PURITAN!

(sarcasm off)
    Totally support this idea. Motif system is tedious as is and becomes a chore rather quickly(guess the bard isnt for me? right guys?!)

NOOOESSS!!

I have a system that works well.

Don't they have a pause/wait in the macros? Use that instead.
    Last edited by Fraxture; 02-17-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Rift Disciple

i think these motif should just be buffs, 5 minute buffs or whatever they think is right
    i dont like the maintenance of spamming skills as much as the bard has to
    although some may enjoy it, and i dont hold it against them, i rather have the motifs on a 5 minute buff similar to how the archon (mage) works.
    Last edited by curiositykilledthecat; 02-17-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Yeah....

um. yes- because one's ability to macro = their skill as a player. Macroing for reactionaries is a good way to optimize some classes, but another thread moaning about having to push 1 2 3 4 5 every thirty seconds is IMO pointless-- there's another thread like this every 2 days. i personally like having the option to push whatever motif i want in a moment, and have had no problem fitting all my hotkeys around my setup. i have a crappy 2 button mouse and a keyboard. no g13 naga razor with vibrator attachment. If people arent expanding their layout to use q e r t f g z x c v etc and shift (or ctrl or alt, whatever) for secondary abilties they are probably going to have a hard time in pvp in this game.

Just cause you dont like my sarcasm doesnt mean im going to get left in the dirt by all to macro monkeys out there (lol, didnt you have anything better than a longwinded l2p?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast