+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard or Assassin. Can't Decide

Default Bard or Assassin. Can't Decide

So, I'm having a really hard time choosing between bard and assassin. Right now I'm trying mm/assassin/ranger. I want to be big on ranged dps, yet, I don't really want the pet. I'll never use it. I chose assassin right now cause I thought it would help me if anyone got within melee range of me to be able to defend myself. Yet I look more at a bard and I'm thinking I maybe should of chosen that. In pvp I can hardly kill a bard.

That being said, I do tend to pvp a lot. In pve I solo mostly. Let me know what you guys think. Should I trade out assassin for bard and why? Also if anyone has a nice build for pvp it would be appreciated too.

Thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Izuni View Post
    So, I'm having a really hard time choosing between bard and assassin. Right now I'm trying mm/assassin/ranger. I want to be big on ranged dps, yet, I don't really want the pet. I'll never use it. I chose assassin right now cause I thought it would help me if anyone got within melee range of me to be able to defend myself. Yet I look more at a bard and I'm thinking I maybe should of chosen that. In pvp I can hardly kill a bard.

That being said, I do tend to pvp a lot. In pve I solo mostly. Let me know what you guys think. Should I trade out assassin for bard and why? Also if anyone has a nice build for pvp it would be appreciated too.

Thanks ^^
    Do you like playing motifs every 30 sec for the rest of your life? If not then you don't want to play bard.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

lol well that doesn't really answer the question. Even if I have to do that is it better? Really? The survivability of bards seems really nice. Though I wonder if it will sacrifice a lot of my damage if I have to spam heal myself all the time. Seems nice, yet it doesn't. Even now as a mm/assassin/ranger I don't even know if I'm going towards a good build. Even if I stay that way I'm afraid I might be going too much into assassin when I need to go more into ranger for more bonus to ranged dps. All cause unlimited stealth seems nice, but so far stealth isn't doing crap for me in the first place.

I suck at making decisions. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Izuni View Post
    lol well that doesn't really answer the question. Even if I have to do that is it better? Really? The survivability of bards seems really nice. Though I wonder if it will sacrifice a lot of my damage if I have to spam heal myself all the time. Seems nice, yet it doesn't. Even now as a mm/assassin/ranger I don't even know if I'm going towards a good build. Even if I stay that way I'm afraid I might be going too much into assassin when I need to go more into ranger for more bonus to ranged dps. All cause unlimited stealth seems nice, but so far stealth isn't doing crap for me in the first place.

I suck at making decisions. >_<
    Why don't you use both? That is what the role system is in place for.
    ______Assassin Fun Factor
    PvE: ╔═══▼═════════╗
    _____-█████████████+
    PvP: ╚══════════▲══╝

Soulwalker

I keep hearing weird things about Assassins early levels. I mean im aware we arent live yet.. But check out some other assassin posts in the forum.

I love bard. Stacking your buffs every 30 seconds isnt so bad.. =p

Rift Disciple

First, as another poster said, you need to develop roles for different builds. You're not locked into just three souls. Create one for soloing and one for pvp, etc. Swap them out for whatever situation you're in.

Why not use the razorbeast pet if you're soloing? I have MM/Rgr/Nightblade to solo and rely heavily on the pet to tank for me. Nightblade is there as a last resort for melee, but really I'm hoping the razorbeast tanks well enough that mobs don't get to me, and that's 95% successful. I rarely switch into melee, so I don't need to go deep into those skill trees, so I can go deeper into the MM/Rgr trees and get better ranged skills. Given the choice, I wouldn't rely on Bard to heal me because I'm getting messed up during melee; I'd keep the mobs away from me in the first place and use the razerbeast as my meat shield.

Grouping and PvP, sure you can dump the pet and add what you want or what the group needs.

i have 2 roles, one spec'd bard and the other spec'd nightblade. I just switch between, both are so ****ing fun!

+ Reply to Thread