+ Reply to Thread

Thread: theorycraft for Bard build's 3rd soul

Shadowlander

Default theorycraft for Bard build's 3rd soul

So I'm sitting at work bored and am debating what the ideal 3rd soul for a Bard build would be for end game (like the title says, this is all just speculation on my part) My current idea is for 51 in Bard and 8-10 in Nightblade, from what I see my third soul could be:

-Bladedancer for the Oh S*** dodge button and the +hit
    -Ranger for the pet and +crit (proably only good for leveling)
    -Saboteur for the adhesive bomb utility
    -Riftstalker for the teleport and the +att power (which I read somewhere is used for the bard attacks, not sure though)

Personally, I am leaning toward bladedancer for end game as I don't get +hit from anywhere else, and it would come in handy for the raid bosses.

What are ya'll's thoughts?

Champion of Telara

For PvE, I would say the Bladedancer for the 5% hit, or 2% hit and 3 points into NB for the increased non-physical damage.

Depends on how hit rating is itemized at 50. If it's cheap, then 2% / 3 NB. If it's expensive then 5% hit.

Sab sticky feetz and RS blink only if those capabilities become necessary for specific fights ...

It really all comes down to individual play style.

PvE - Bladedancer is probably a good bet just for the plus hit. You don't want to miss your Cadence or Codas. Riftstalker and Saboteur both have +AP and +dex respectively to help your damage/healing. Attack Power does directly add to your damage.

PvP - This would be all about making you do more damage, surviving longer or some combination that just plain makes your a bigger pain the other team's ***.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

You'll find that as Bard/NB you'll have difficulty escaping from situations where you are over extended in group pvp situations. Riftstalker helps with that because he gets a teleport, you can also make enough points in the tree to get the increased healing received bonus, which synchs well with the combo.

Ranger is good for low lvl and pve, the pet will come to be quite useless in the long run. Sab's snare is nice, but again, for defensive purposes you'll still be lacking an escape tool of your own if you're ever snared. Blade dancer is useful but the cool down won't save you from spells.
    Dear Africa, you helped me write this...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Langston View Post
    It really all comes down to individual play style.

PvE - Bladedancer is probably a good bet just for the plus hit. You don't want to miss your Cadence or Codas. Riftstalker and Saboteur both have +AP and +dex respectively to help your damage/healing. Attack Power does directly add to your damage.

PvP - This would be all about making you do more damage, surviving longer or some combination that just plain makes your a bigger pain the other team's ***.
    Yeah I forgot to specify my intentions, I mainly PvE with the occasional romp into PvP, so it's looking like bladedancer normally, with a switch to probably riftstalker for the Warfronts.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Garlynd View Post
    Yeah I forgot to specify my intentions, I mainly PvE with the occasional romp into PvP, so it's looking like bladedancer normally, with a switch to probably riftstalker for the Warfronts.
    Pretty much sounds exactly how I plan to do my general pve/pvp specs.
    Though depending how hit works I might just stick with bladedancer. It really depends if there is a minimum cap on hit, IE: You always have xx% to miss regardless of how much hit you have. This applies to pvp only really.
    It's my hope that the people I pvp with will realize how important and awesome I am as a bard and protect me when I need it. Thus reducing the need for survivability from riftstalker. ;)

(let me dream please.)

Garlynd - that is probably the best way to go if you plan to mostly PvE. You'll honestly get more mileage out of that 5% hit than the extra AP.

Just remember that you have four roles so you can make a hardcore PvP and the PvE and switch as you like.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Shadowlander

I've got Sab and plan just 5 points in the soul. I mainly PvP and like both WF and open world. For me the sticky bomb, is the bomb...

Quote Originally Posted by Zopello View Post
    I've got Sab and plan just 5 points in the soul. I mainly PvP and like both WF and open world. For me the sticky bomb, is the bomb...
    Adhesive bomb with cooldown reduction and +range T1 talent is just plain amazing in PvP. 8s AE snare with 10s cooldown that you can throw from 30m away... instantly!? YES PLX!

Soulwalker

For PvP I would go Bard/Riftstalker/Sab

Blink and Adhesive Bomb plus all the healing and mezzes from bard are pretty ****!

+ Reply to Thread