+ Reply to Thread

Thread: At 22, really enjoying Bard/Nightblade/Riftstalker

Default At 22, really enjoying Bard/Nightblade/Riftstalker

I have little to compare it to, as this is my only 22, but I am really enjoying this soul combo. I have no points in RS, but that might change at high levels. I took NB to Flame Thrust and the rest in Bard.

I play a few buff toons, open with cadence, follow with power cord. If the target is ranged, I go with Flame Thrust. If it is melee, I slash it with Blazing strike. The healing of a Bard allows me to take on 2-3 of my level easy, but if I want fineness, I can stealth and stun one with Lost Hope (which does not take me out of stealth) and use Ebon Terror on the other.

In groups, I usually am in the top 5 of healing and people love my speed buff. I have won battles 1v1 against mages and warriors, and I stink at PvP. I don't move, just stand there and blast away. A Bard/Nightblade in the hands of a skilled PvPer would be the terror of the battlefield.

Riftstalker has a nice escape at zero points. I guess I could have gone with Ranger for a pet, but the pig usually takes aggro, so I never get to see my swords in action. Also, I wonder if I can use a pet while stealthing --can I sneak through hostiles with a giant pig following me? Never tried it.

I dono if this will still be the bomb in the 30s and 40s, but for now I am having a lot of fun!
    Never opened myself this way
    Life is ours, we live it our way
    All these words I don't just say
    and nothing else matters.

Trust I seek and I find in you
    Every day for us something new
    Open mind for a different view

Plane Touched

You chose the 3 classes I did and Im level 27 now and still love it. This is definitely my choice for live which I will likely play the most, I top Healing in Warfronts most of the time and damage is decent

Soulwalker

i have been wanted to try that out for pvp, and im pretty sure you cant sneak around with a pet hehe

I love the spec aswell the whole flow of it all is so very enjoyable. However trion need to revert the sounds back to what they use to be.

Shadowlander

I went Bard/NB/Sab and Bard/NB does flow well (planning on going 51 bard tho, so 10 in NB, 5 in Sab for the Dex). I like the Sab snare bomb and AOE bomb in pvp, but otherwise I find myself not using the abilities in that tree much.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shadyia View Post
    *snip*

Riftstalker has a nice escape at zero points. I guess I could have gone with Ranger for a pet, but the pig usually takes aggro, so I never get to see my swords in action. Also, I wonder if I can use a pet while stealthing --can I sneak through hostiles with a giant pig following me? Never tried it.

I dono if this will still be the bomb in the 30s and 40s, but for now I am having a lot of fun!
    Sadly, no. Pets do not stealth and they will draw aggro. Alas, pig is not sneaky.

Shadowlander

using cadence makes me want to scream. It sounds like cars crashing at the moment.
    Last edited by Ondori; 02-17-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daratan View Post
    However trion need to revert the sounds back to what they use to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondori View Post
    using cadence makes me want to scream. It sounds like cars crashing at the moment.

There have been long threads of people lamenting over the sounds. I have to agree. Cadence sounds like a shot gun blast.

This will be a nice test to see if Trion listens to its customers.
    Never opened myself this way
    Life is ours, we live it our way
    All these words I don't just say

Trust I seek and I find in you
    Every day for us something new
    Open mind for a different view

Plane Touched

Well Cadence is ment too be damaging but yes it is harsh indeed

+ Reply to Thread