+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marks/Ranger/?

Soulwalker

Default Marks/Ranger/?

I'm thinking Marks/Ranger/Rift for PvP and Sin for PvE? Is there a better dps/support for MM other than Ranger?

Soulwalker

I'd tend to argue for Nightblade as the third soul for an MM-primary build. 10 points into Ranger gets you the dps pet and some nice talents (11 points if you want Piercing Shot's armor reduction), and Nightblade's first 10 points get you some handy utility (pre-combat sap-like CC, stealth), 15% boost to your combo abilities and 15% boost to your finishers. I'm kinda looking at a 51/10/5 MM/RG/NB build.

Shadowlander

Did you really rate yourself 5 stars for more visibility? How narcist are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Daelyn View Post
    I'd tend to argue for Nightblade as the third soul for an MM-primary build. 10 points into Ranger gets you the dps pet and some nice talents (11 points if you want Piercing Shot's armor reduction), and Nightblade's first 10 points get you some handy utility (pre-combat sap-like CC, stealth), 15% boost to your combo abilities and 15% boost to your finishers. I'm kinda looking at a 51/10/5 MM/RG/NB build.
    The only problem with Ranger at that point level is that the pets levels caps out at a point were they will become unuseable before level cap.

As shown here - http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Ranger_%28Rift_Class%29
    Razorbest - Has a max level of 30
    Dire Wolf - Has a max level of 34

So if taken just for the Pets, the Razorbest becomes trivial by about 35, and the Dire Wolf by around 40. You would need to go much deeper into the tree for the Greater pets for them to be viable all the way to 50.

I am currently looking at a MM 44 / Sin 11 / NB 11 build. The mid-20's version rocks the WF's. We'll see if it holds out in the long run.

+ Reply to Thread