+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A bard's Cadence....

Soulwalker

Default A bard's Cadence....

I have just started using this base spell over my arrows of a ranger build.
    This ability is due for an adjustment downward I suspect.
    Anyone else using this ability feel the same?

Nope! Why do you feel it needs a downward adjustment?

Plane Walker

Yea, I think the Bard is general is cruising for a beating with the nerf bat, it's just so much fun to play

If you're talking about cad doing damage and healing, yes, I'd say they will probably nerf it.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

Youre comparing a short range channel spell to a longer range (I think) ability usable while kiting. Seems like a bard is taking a bigger risk for more damage, no?

Rift Disciple

Default Hmmm

Honestly I think it's pretty balanced as it is.
    1. It's short range.
    2. It's channeled, any movement/stun/knockback/twitchy finger syndrome can and will interrupt it, forcing a global cooldown and wasting the FIFTY energy it costs to cast. Please please note that Cadence takes HALF of your energy bar just to cast, though with energy regen in combat, if you get the full cast you should have enough to cast it again.
    3. It's damage is nothing compared to any of the nuking abilites of any of the dps souls. The healing requires 3 soul points in that talent. (which every bard should have anyway, but still)

All in all, pretty balanced IMO.

As sad as it makes me to say it, I believe a "toning down" is in our future. A friend and I both play a Bard in Beta. Now, who knows, maybe we could just be one of those classes that balances out as it gets higher in level. As it stands, we've only seen Bard stack up in warfronts up to level 25. They really shine in the 10-19 games. But, can you really judge how strong a soul is by its performance at level 16? Let's hope things even out a bit.

We have played several other classes/souls, and we both agree that if things stay on current pace, the class is a bit too strong.

P.S. Go Bards!

P.P.S. Please fix the sound of channeled spells, Trion!
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    As sad as it makes me to say it, I believe a "toning down" is in our future. A friend and I both play a Bard in Beta. Now, who knows, maybe we could just be one of those classes that balances out as it gets higher in level. As it stands, we've only seen Bard stack up in warfronts up to level 25. They really shine in the 10-19 games. But, can you really judge how strong a soul is by its performance at level 16? Let's hope things even out a bit.

We have played several other classes/souls, and we both agree that if things stay on current pace, the class is a bit too strong.

P.S. Go Bards!

P.P.S. Please fix the sound of channeled spells, Trion!
    Wait till you get higher and people start learning to focus fire then out bard heals are LoL compared to a cleric, have seen it already happen we only help the AoE dmg the spike dmg we cannot heal a sab hitting someone for 2k that's the clerics job.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 02-17-2011 at 07:45 AM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    Wait till you get higher and people start learning to focus fire then out bard heals are LoL compared to a cleric, have seen it already happen we only help the AoE dmg the spike dmg we cannot heal a sab hitting someone for 2k that's the clerics job.
    AMEN!

In the 20-29 bracket it seems that as soon as someone sees a loot all the "Red Names" swarm in and destroy you.

p.s.
    Sabs need a bigger adjustment than bards
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    In the 20-29 bracket it seems that as soon as someone sees a loot all the "Red Names" swarm in and destroy you.
    As it should be. A Bard wears lighter armor than a cleric, making them squishier; plus, they cannot heal through focused damage. As a MM, I can hang back. As an Assassin, I can hide. As a Bard, I scream, "Come hit me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    As it should be. A Bard wears lighter armor than a cleric, making them squishier; plus, they cannot heal through focused damage. As a MM, I can hang back. As an Assassin, I can hide. As a Bard, I scream, "Come hit me!"

Oh, do not take what I said as a complaint, it's just the natural "maturing" of pvpers as they start to recognize whose who and what's what.

When I pvp with my guild I survive much better than I do when i'm in pugs.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Philo View Post
    I have just started using this base spell over my arrows of a ranger build.
    This ability is due for an adjustment downward I suspect.
    Anyone else using this ability feel the same?
    Seriously? This is a troll post, right?

Ranger: Shoot on the run, big finisher on the run, longer range, armor piercing options, multi target options.

Bard: Have to stand still to use Cadence, have to be within 20m, SCREAMS come kill me in PvP with a green line of notes leading them right to you, it can be interrupted, etc etc

This is either a troll post, or... something.

I literally mow down groups of mobs as a Ranger build, quickly and without losing much of any health.

I got jumped with my Bard role up (I had just been in an instance, and had forgotten to switch it) by a couple mobs, and lemme tell you, it was like watching paint dry. Sure, I lived, but I was nearly bored to death.

LYANNA
    Rogue and Raid Leader of Grievance
    www.grievanceguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lyanna View Post
    Seriously? This is a troll post, right?

Ranger: Shoot on the run, big finisher on the run, longer range, armor piercing options, multi target options.

Bard: Have to stand still to use Cadence, have to be within 20m, SCREAMS come kill me in PvP with a green line of notes leading them right to you, it can be interrupted, etc etc

This is either a troll post, or... something.

I literally mow down groups of mobs as a Ranger build, quickly and without losing much of any health.

I got jumped with my Bard role up (I had just been in an instance, and had forgotten to switch it) by a couple mobs, and lemme tell you, it was like watching paint dry. Sure, I lived, but I was nearly bored to death.
    Not like he works for Trion.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

+ Reply to Thread