+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats the priority of stats if any?

Soulwalker

Default Whats the priority of stats if any?

Just started playing beta and yes I'll say it, i came from wow like many others did. Was just wandering what the stat priority for melee/ranged rogues are? The same for both? And wth is dexterity? Is it like mastery in wow? Please explain. Thanks.

Koe

Dex >= Physical Crt > Attack Power > STR > Endurance

Dex boosts attack power, but not as much as STR, dodge and physical crit.

STR boosts attack power, block, and parry. Only 2 apply.

Soulwalker

also hovering over the stats in your character screen will tell you what individual stats grant. allowing you to be able to be able to look to see which ones you would prefer.

Think of Dexterity as Agility, it provides AP and Physical Crit, if you're used to WoW terms. Hit falls in there as well with the list Koe put up but where exactly Hit falls will be Soul dependent as some skills have the tag line "Never misses and cannot be dodged, blocked, or parried." Hit in this game is essentially Hit and Expertise rolled into one. There is no Mastery type stat or Haste as far as I have seen, although you do have some Soul skills that add things like armor penetration on some abilities or temporary haste.

Exact precise values are unknown at this point and other caveats about stats possibly flip flopping with gear increases that have happened frequently in WoW are also unknown. I don't even think gear ilvl formulas have been pinned down just yet.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    Think of Dexterity as Agility, it provides AP and Physical Crit, if you're used to WoW terms. Hit falls in there as well with the list Koe put up but where exactly Hit falls will be Soul dependent as some skills have the tag line "Never misses and cannot be dodged, blocked, or parried." Hit in this game is essentially Hit and Expertise rolled into one. There is no Mastery type stat or Haste as far as I have seen, although you do have some Soul skills that add things like armor penetration on some abilities or temporary haste.

Exact precise values are unknown at this point and other caveats about stats possibly flip flopping with gear increases that have happened frequently in WoW are also unknown. I don't even think gear ilvl formulas have been pinned down just yet.

Dex does not give Hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Dex >= Physical Crt > Attack Power > STR > Endurance

Dex boosts attack power, but not as much as STR, dodge and physical crit.

STR boosts attack power, block, and parry. Only 2 apply.
    for rogues Dex and Str give the same ap. warrior ap is 25% dex 75% str ours is 50/50
    http://blackwolf.biz/

Quote Originally Posted by Vyric View Post
    The highlighted word here means you don't really know. In essence you are in no way qualified to assume it is garbage. Looks like you will be about as useful as a screen door on a submarine so I may as well add you to forum ignore since your advice is highly flawed. Good-bye.

+ Reply to Thread