+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 30 points in Ranger or 30 points in MM whats a person to do!!?

Champion of Telara

Default 30 points in Ranger or 30 points in MM whats a person to do!!?

Hey all I know this is mostly just guess work as no one has seen the high end stuff in play yet but what do you think would be better, having the MM power of Strafe or the Ranger power of Blood Raptor? I guess for pvp Strafe would be better and PVe Raptor but would like to hear what others think. And before you say both I plan to put 8 to 10 points in either bard or assasin to round out the class.

In fact I may just end up going Ranger/MM/Bard for my Pve build and
    MM/Ranger/*** for my PvP.

God I love the idea of having pre loaded skill sets that you can swap in and out. That more than anything is what I like most about this game.

Strafe hands down.

Blood Raptor is pooh, in my experience no better than Dire Wolf and you can get a heal debuff for the Wolf

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mehuge View Post
    Strafe hands down.

Blood Raptor is pooh, in my experience no better than Dire Wolf and you can get a heal debuff for the Wolf
    Ahh ok good to know Mehuge. I wasn't sure how much the high end levels were tested. I have read a few threads were people said that you only need ranger to the 24-26 range.

But what about Pin down.. Is it worth going that high up the Ranger tree for that or are the points better spend in MM or an off class like Bard or As-sasin?

For PvE if you want a tanking pet, you need to put enough points into Ranger to get the Greater Razorback cos the normal one is capped at level 30 or there abouts. Can't remember off hand how many points were needed for that.

Not used Pin down much, didn't really see it working too well, but not had enough experience with it to pass judgement.

24 for tank pet, more than 24 in ranger is for flavor if ur ranged cause MM is better.

Pin down is a joke, it works like it says but a few seconds duration on a 3 minute cooldown? what the hell. Plus it breaks on damage. I was quite disappointed in that one. And yeah strafe is godly compared to raptor, it does barely more dmg than wolf and doesnt have the heal/hit % debuffs. I still like him though he looks neat :P

Champion of Telara

Great, thanks for all the feedback guys it helps a ton. So from the sounds of it MM should be the main spec and ranger the close backup.

+ Reply to Thread