+ Reply to Thread

Thread: blade dancer/ assassin/ ranger... looking for feedback

Telaran

Default blade dancer/ assassin/ ranger... looking for feedback

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...00:ranger.5500

This is meant as a PvE soul first off, built to quickly dispatch an enemy through the use of high crits. Ranger also gives the pet for tanking additional mobs and dealing a bit more damage. Long story short, Crit unleashes hell, serrated blades/cruel blades/Magnify Pain. All of these you proc through what i find to be the much better Blade Dancer soul, using its talents to activate the crits. Then you have a pet which is helpful in many instances as a tank as well as for a few extra DPS.

I've been playing around with this role a bit today (levels 25-30) and Its been GREAT, When everything procs right I can down an at level enemy in 3-5 seconds. Throw in a few heals for the pet to keep him going, and I can take on 4-5 mobs at once, no problem, kill them all in under a min (total) and be ready to keep moving on, yet the great thing about it is, though it can deal with large groups effectively, it also has great potential for single target DPS, especailly if there is an add you can kill right before attacking to get a few extra bonuses (+3% dodge/parry/crit etc) Long story short is I'm sitting on a 25% + natural crit rate, with abilities it goes up to 33% + and when i crit it unleashes hell while I still maintain survivability.

Telaran

With your Ranger build, the max level of your pet will be 30. If you want a pet that scales to 50 you need to put at least 24 points into Ranger to get the 'Greater' versions of the pets.

Telaran

Hmmm, thanks for the info, i guess while its awesome at lower levels it runs into trouble later on...

+ Reply to Thread