+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random cast macro command?

Rift Disciple

Default Random cast macro command?

Hey all I was just wondering if any1 here know's if there is a way to randomly cast something thru a macro? The reason I'm asking this is because im playing a rogue, and I'm getting all these really cool finishing moves, like 3 so far and im only lvl 7, I would very much like to be able to compress these into 1 button so as to avoid bar clutter anybody know if this is possible or not?

can you elaborate?
    you want to decide dice what finisher to use?
    a) its not possible as far as i know and
    b) just look what the finishers do, if 2 or more do the same thing take the one from your main soul, forget the other.
    c) if one is ranged and the other is melee you can do this:

cast nameofthemeleefinisher
    cast nameoftherangefinisher

the macro casts the melee if close enough and the other if not.

Champion of Telara

you would be able to do something like this in autoIT and it shouldn't be against TOS since 1 keypress = 1 ability still.

you could also make 1 button press rotate through a set of skills, so you could do a whole combo + finisher just by pressing 1 button 5 times.
    Last edited by pickled_heretic; 02-16-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Shouldn't really be a need, they wont all do the same damage forever, even if they do at level 7. So it will be better to use the one that fits the situation best and not just randomly.

But you can use alt modifiers to save bar space if that's really what you're after.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Shouldn't really be a need, they wont all do the same damage forever, even if they do at level 7. So it will be better to use the one that fits the situation best and not just randomly.

But you can use alt modifiers to save bar space if that's really what you're after.
    Yes im after saving space on my bar, not automating so like 6 skills go off with 1 button press, i only want 1 button press to activate 1 skill per button press, but modifier [alt] [ctrl] arent working for me maybe i have the wrong syntax?

cast [alt] skillname?

Shadowlander

The closest thing I can think of that would solve your problem is a cast sequence macro. A single button that will do ability 1, ability 2, ability 3, then jump back to ability 1. It was doable in World of Warcraft. I dont know if there is a command for it (but probably) in Rift.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nodlehs View Post
    Yes im after saving space on my bar
    You do realise you have access to another 2-5 bars via settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrodinger View Post
    The closest thing I can think of that would solve your problem is a cast sequence macro. A single button that will do ability 1, ability 2, ability 3, then jump back to ability 1. It was doable in World of Warcraft. I dont know if there is a command for it (but probably) in Rift.
    you can't do cast sequence macros in rift devs did that so it takes more than 1 button to play the game
    http://blackwolf.biz/

Quote Originally Posted by Vyric View Post
    The highlighted word here means you don't really know. In essence you are in no way qualified to assume it is garbage. Looks like you will be about as useful as a screen door on a submarine so I may as well add you to forum ignore since your advice is highly flawed. Good-bye.

+ Reply to Thread