+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard rift calculation question.

Dad
    Soulwalker

Default Bard rift calculation question.

1. During a rift, all the buffs, and channeled abilities are not calculated into the Rift score, will this change?
    My only problem IC with this is that the bard does not have any way of moving up in points, besides its finisher.
    2. Macros, are there any plans to allow more than one spell cast per macro?
    Thanks

A friend told me that they took out the ability to macro mulitple spells together. I'm not sure i see the point of macros if that's true...unless you want a mouseover macro for something, but I'd kind of like not having separate buttons for my motifs.

I'd like to know more on this as well.
    Separate but equal is not equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    1. During a rift, all the buffs, and channeled abilities are not calculated into the Rift score, will this change?
    My only problem IC with this is that the bard does not have any way of moving up in points, besides its finisher.
    2. Macros, are there any plans to allow more than one spell cast per macro?
    Thanks
    1) I dominate contribution on rifts, with cadence, motif of regen and cor (if needed)
    2) they removed "Easy mode bard" in beta4
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

In my experience with the bard, where I have duo'd many many a rift with an inquisitor, I am regularly top of the contribution list. I do also have some points in Sabo for the AoE DD and I do use the bards AoE finisher when I can. My DPS is never anywhere near that of the inquisitor, but I am providing most the healing as well, with my AoE heals. Cast your crit buff before your heal buff, and put all your bard buffs up and keep them up as much as possible, at least at the start of each round of combat. That is just my experience when duoing, it may be different when there are lots more people. You would have to be grouped though to get the contribution benefits of your AoE heals

I use my G key to case my bard buffs, and not ashamed to admit it, and will continue to do so until they fix this bard mechanic because the way it is at present its just ridiculous and dull. Either increase the duration (5 minutes) or allow them to be case all at once.

if they fixed the not broken mechanic, there would be nothing but bards

every rogue would be some combo of bard/nightblade/ <insert ranged rogue here>

using a hardware macro to circumvent in game rules is "technically" cheating
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    using a hardware macro to circumvent in game rules is "technically" cheating
    yes I know full well that it is. The mechanic is broken in the sense that it is not fun to be redoing 6 buffs every 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Mehuge; 02-16-2011 at 11:01 AM.

They should make it that only 2 can be active at once and increase their potency.

Dad
    Soulwalker

Default thanks

thanks for all the responses, i will try to do more cadence, but last time i tried, i got no points for it at all

It was mentioned that rift scoring goes by actions per second and not damage or healing done. Can anyone confirm this is still correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Malok View Post
    It was mentioned that rift scoring goes by actions per second and not damage or healing done. Can anyone confirm this is still correct?
    sounds bout right, when running around at lvl 10 in a lvl 20 rift area on my riftblade (the warrior version) i just spammed flamespear over and over and was getting platinum contribution, i wasnt hitting a single thing at all and wasnt generating combo points but my contribution stayed maxed cause i just spammed the button every gcd.

+ Reply to Thread