+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue weapon tallent enchants

Question Rogue weapon tallent enchants

So my question is simple i guess. Maybe i cant get it through my skull but how do weapon enchants work for rogues.

Take "Hellfire blades" for example. Does that apply to both weapons automaticly or is it just applyed to one weapon?
    Then if you have access to two weapon enchants, like in the assassin tree, when you apply two enchants do both enchants get applied to both weapons, or is it one enchant per weapon when you have two enchants up?

I want to think that if you have two enchants up, both are applied to both weapons. If thats the case, it seems you are really limiting your damage by only having 1 enchant up? Seems to me you would be.

Thanks for the responses.

Bump

I am curious about this as well. I noticed when I was playing Sab soul the enhancements from Assasin was not affecting the charges at all. It was only affecting actual melee. I haven't tried to use enhancements on my Bard but I assumed it wouldn't help.

Soulwalker

It might help to stop thinking of these as enchants to weapons, and rather as buffs you apply to yourself which enchant your weapon damage. You can have two 'enchant buffs' at most at any time. For example, Lethal Poison and Hellfire Blades. Each 'buff' has a chance to proc additional damage (water or fire, respectively.) It doesn't matter whether the weapon is a ranged weapon or a melee weapon, whatever attack you are doing has a chance to proc the 'enchant buff.'

Quote Originally Posted by Pierced View Post
    It might help to stop thinking of these as enchants to weapons, and rather as buffs you apply to yourself which enchant your weapon damage. You can have two 'enchant buffs' at most at any time. For example, Lethal Poison and Hellfire Blades. Each 'buff' has a chance to proc additional damage (water or fire, respectively.) It doesn't matter whether the weapon is a ranged weapon or a melee weapon, whatever attack you are doing has a chance to proc the 'enchant buff.'
    So duel welding you have two weapons, When you hit with your main hand it has a 20% chance to hit with hellfire, AND? a 20% chance to hit with lethal poision?
    OR is it just a 20% chance to hit with just 1 of the enchants..?
    So again, am i nerfing my self by NOT having two enchants up all the time? Or like i said is it just a 20% chance per weapon to hit with one of the two enchants?

From the wording on the skills it sounds as thou both proc separately.

I'm not that far yet, test it and let us know =P

Quote Originally Posted by Otiveht View Post
    So duel welding you have two weapons, When you hit with your main hand it has a 20% chance to hit with hellfire, AND? a 20% chance to hit with lethal poision?
    OR is it just a 20% chance to hit with just 1 of the enchants..?
    So again, am i nerfing my self by NOT having two enchants up all the time? Or like i said is it just a 20% chance per weapon to hit with one of the two enchants?
    Do both and try it. If its only 20% out of 15 hits only 3 times should it apply the damage, or buff it more. Depending on the buff you have to "enchant" your blades. I still think of "enchanting" your weapons as "applying" and enchant to each weapon individually. If i just click and button and it "enchants" the weapons, i see that as a buff. Id use both and you may get an increase of damage, but it probably wont be a huge spike :P
    Pentium 2 800mhZ CPU
    Wth is a video card??
    186 RAM Stick..
    A computer box.. tower
    A pretty small Hard drive.

Rift Disciple

Each enchant BUFF has a seperate chance to proc on every hit (melee or ranged)

so any ability you use that uses a weapon (i.e. not spell casts), and actually hits your target with, will do a proc check for your first buff AND a proc check for your second buff.

and FYI there is a skill high in assassin tree to increase the chance to 30%, just in case you missed it.

+ Reply to Thread