+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Bard questions. Help needed.

Telaran

Default Some Bard questions. Help needed.

Hi all,

I plan to play a Dwarf Bard on the 24th when Rift goes live.

Anyway, whilst i've dabbled on the beta i don't like to do too much as I feel it then spoils my enjoyment of the game when i play for real. I want it to be enjoyable, not a grind. I plan to roll on a pvp server and will quest solo most of the time. So here are my questions;

1) If i get jumped by a rogue or any class really, can i still win as a support class?
    2) If i can't win can i escape?

I really don't want to spend 90% of my time at the GY, i love pvp but i want a chance to live

Quote Originally Posted by Bangtidy View Post
    Hi all,

Anyway, whilst i've dabbled on the beta i don't like to do too much as I feel it then spoils my enjoyment of the game when i play for real. I want it to be enjoyable, not a grind. I plan to roll on a pvp server and will quest solo most of the time. So here are my questions;

1) If i get jumped by a rogue or any class really, can i still win as a support class?

I really don't want to spend 90% of my time at the GY, i love pvp but i want a chance to live
    You can have several roles, Taking a Bard at character creation does not mean you always have to play as a full support bard, especially not if you solo a lot.

Just take Bard/Nightblade/Ranger as your first 3 souls. The Ranger makes it easier to PVE cause of pet.
    Later get a role with high Nightblade and some points in Bard for + max health and a buff or two.

There is so much you can do with that system, try to get your head around it and you will see that your question answers itself

Quote Originally Posted by Bangtidy View Post
    Hi all,

As a bard you will not lose or should not lose to any other class that doesn't heal. Sabs are the only ones I have had trouble with but it was only b.c of the ability of them to blast me for 2k dmg even then you can still kill them if they don't get lucky. You can escape from classes that heal b.c you wont be able to kill them (unless you use virtuoso even then they can just spam heal themselves). If you are full support bard you will rely on virtuoso unless you want a long fight. Other then that it all depends on your other souls.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    As a bard you will not lose or should not lose to any other class that doesn't heal. Sabs are the only ones I have had trouble with but it was only b.c of the ability of them to blast me for 2k dmg even then you can still kill them if they don't get lucky. You can escape from classes that heal b.c you wont be able to kill them (unless you use virtuoso even then they can just spam heal themselves). If you are full support bard you will rely on virtuoso unless you want a long fight. Other then that it all depends on your other souls.
    Thanks for your reply pal

+ Reply to Thread