+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bards sound Terrible now!

Default Bards sound Terrible now!

EDIT EDIT EDIT February 20th!!!

Trion listened to player feedback and resolved the issue. Bard sounds have been reverted to their musical selves. Thanks for the feedback everyone, and thanks Trion!

With a capital T!

With the actual music barely audible now, when I cast cadence and motifs all I hear are loud bangs and booms. They are instruments, not a shotgun!

I understand that the Bard sounds bugged some people, but come on. Give us Bards at least a LITTLE music!

EDIT EDIT EDIT::
    After testing last night on different classes it isn't just us Bards! This is the sound ALL channeled offensive spells make. I tested it with Cabalist AND Chloromancer. Their channeled abilities have the same BOOM/BANG sounds played over the top of them.
    Last edited by Finkle; 02-20-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

No music is better than bad music

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    With a capital T!

With the actual music barely audible now, when I cast cadence and motifs all I hear are loud bangs and booms. They are instruments, not a shotgun!

I understand that the Bard sounds bugged some people, but come on. Give us Bards at least a LITTLE music!
    I have to agree, Bard combat sounds are terrible now

Ascendant

+1 please fix!

With a capital T!

Oh noes, devs we want our music back, what were you thinking?

If we want bangs we can go marksman!

Soulwalker

I can't even enjoy my bard atm cuz of how atrocious they sound, PLEASE revert the sound effects back to Beta 6.

music ftw

unless of course you hook me up with a http://gizmodo.com/#!324453/recoille...-lube-required
    ~Bard~
    Greybriar Defiant
    Cliff Burton didn't die you know, God just requested bass lessons.

Relax people. Just feedback it. This IS still Beta in case you hadn't noticed.

Ascendant

i think thats what people do with this thread, giving feedback

Rift Disciple

Wow, I haven't logged onto the bard I made last beta but wow, if this is true it would be awful. One of my favorite parts about playing my bard was being able to make little tunes by combining the abilities. I thought this was the intention. Please don't take this away from us! A 'simple' fix would be the ability to allow people to turn off 'bard music' in the UI options. Of course I don't fully appreciate what it would take to implement this, but I don't suspect it would be that impossible. I personally love the bard music!!!

With a capital T!

I am glad no sound is better then anything, game sounds are just horrible.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Soulwalker

I understand how bard songs can be annoying, but I can barely stand casting my motifs now. All I can hear are loud crashes and booms. Having to recast them all every 30 seconds this gets old really fast. At least you could mix up the tune for fun. As it stands now its far worse sounding than it was before. I hope you revert the sounds back to beta 6,

If the sounds were annoying then take each motif and give it a nice sounding chord that form an actual chord progression in the order you attain each motif. That way as long as you play the motifs in the order you got them you will hear a nice chord progression melody rather than DUNN, DINN, DWUM, etc.

Another cool Idea would be to allow us to customize what our motifs sound like. This would probably be too much coding to implement quicky, but down the road it would be great.

You could do this by either letting us pick a motif then a chord out of a list or by allowing us to load up our own midi sort of like the system LOTRO has. Honestly I'd love to see the entire LOTRO music system implemented. It's a great idea and a huge player draw to that game, why not borrow that system? Im not sure if there are copyright issues with that or not but either way it could be tweeked a bit to avoid an issue.

Soulwalker

please make the bard's motifs sound the wy they did in beta 6. Thanks

Soulwalker

lol So last beta the Female Bard was the only RACE that sounded like they were playing melodies of shotgun blasts, instead of fixing them they broke every race. This is awful, I hope they fix this before the weekend even.

Soulwalker

agree, before it was repeative but soothing now its just annoying with the sharp loud bangs especially the with some motifs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast