+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused..

Soulwalker

Default Confused..

Hello I just picked up the pre-order for Rift shortly before the last beta went down. I am most definitely looking at a Riftstalker tank build when it goes live, however I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to change your actual souls later on if you wanted to say swap brd for rng or something of that nature? Or is it limited to only swapping around points?

2. Rift soul is a given, but there seems to be a lot of debate between brd/rng/bd as the remaining two. I'm most likely leaning toward rift/bd/bard as that seems to be the overall suggestion. I guess it will come down to the answer to my first question. Thanks!

Plane Touched

yes you can respec souls, for a price. You eventually unlock all the rogue souls so you can mix in match builds and have four at a time to bounce between.
    Last edited by DirtyLarry; 02-15-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzal0 View Post
    2. Rift soul is a given, but there seems to be a lot of debate between brd/rng/bd as the remaining two. I'm most likely leaning toward rift/bd/bard as that seems to be the overall suggestion. I guess it will come down to the answer to my first question. Thanks!
    The debate on what to nab as the secondary/tertiary Souls is mostly based on conjecture and prepping for whatever could come our way at lvl50. In terms of raw bonuses, they are all good but for different reasons, and you'll need to look at some of the theorycrafting as it comes out about comparing things like Avoidance to additional EH and such. The other aspect is playstyle and preferences in other ways. I know one poster has frequently supported Ranger/Bard because of the ability to have 5 combo points up very very quickly from ranged for a near immediate Rift Guard application. Others, like myself, prefer the Reprisal skill in Bladedancer along with another finisher to manage with False Blade, while still being able to pull from ranged with the Bard's Cadence for pretty quick CP generation.

Soulwalker

Default so

So then would it be a decent idea to go rift/bard/rng to level up/instance for the combo point generation, dmg reduction and health (not to mention pet) or would it still be better to stick with bladedancer if im going to be tanking instances on the way up?

Edit: Basically what im asking is, if you can re-soul later on, would rift/bard/rng be a better leveling/instancing spec than rift/bd/bard?
    Last edited by Denzal0; 02-15-2011 at 11:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread