+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How bad is the Deadeye/Headshot nerf

Rift Disciple

Default How bad is the Deadeye/Headshot nerf

I'm at work but I should be home playing!

Does anyone have any solid figures yet?
    Zeratul - 50 Rank 6 Rogue/Zeratulz 4x Mage - Seastone Defiant - Rift

DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion
    Zeratul/Zeratulz/Zeratuls

a deserving amount

It seems to be about a third to half but overall I think the souls are properly balanced. I like my MM/Ranger/NB combo. In the end I think it's more about the synergy between multiple souls rather than 1 soul being so great that everyone and their mother will be playing the same thing.

My Souls are currently

Ranger/ Nightblade/ Riftstalker

At L19 I hit for about 50dmg with Quickshot and my Headshot does about 150dmg in comparison. However Trion is monitoring all damage output and will adjust accordingly as seen fit.

But as stated already what souls you combine and the points to allocate to each will make a big difference.
    Current Rift Progression: 20man - GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, HK 1/11. 10man - GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RotP 1/4.

I think you mean Empowered Shot, not Headshot.

And it's not bad at all. Seems like a good amount. MM is still great dps The pedestal nerf is actually worse imo (but also needed), but the 51 skill sounds amazing now.

I don't even consider it as being nerfed, the class is more balanced now.

All I know is I reallllly want the lvl 51 skill
    Last edited by Pachanoi; 02-16-2011 at 02:53 AM.

I played with my marksman /ranger/riftstalker and it seems that it is not a big nerf i am still doing good dmg . A little less than before but still good .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 02-16-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Soulwalker

Default mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    I played with my marksman /ranger/riftblade .
    are u wrong?

Nightblade/marksman/assassin here.

I was in Iron Tombs last night and hit for 640 damage on Deadeye shot, this was not a crit. I was level 21.

Empowered shot nerf is bigger, does a bunch less damage, but its not breaking my game in anyway.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MiMf.V0xM.0VM.xMz build as it stood then.

Atleast Melted Skin was in effect during the hit, I believe a crit could of gone upto or over 1000 damage, which is nearly a oneshot on a player at my level. I am gona run IT again tonight so I will take a bunch of screenshots for big hits. Procs also went off on the deadeye shot, upto a possible 50 extra damage.
    Last edited by Enerzeal; 02-16-2011 at 04:59 AM.
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

It's not bad at all, MM won't be as likely to fit the fotm class anymore. They're still 100% viable and when in the hands of a skilled player can top the WF charts.

Sab needs to get toned down some still, along with bards...the mdps rogues could use a bit more dps added to finishers, or a better mechanic for auto attack damage and rogue will be balanced imo.

At the moment, I'm level 39 and have played all of the rogue souls in many combinations. Just my two cents though.

Soulwalker

Honestly I feel they overdid it by a bit. From what I remember from last beta they nerfed it by around 50%. That's a very large amount and I find that it's not worth the cast time any more. I barely ever use it outside of when I have hit and run active this beta. If it weren't for hit and run and the increased crit for it I don't think I'd use it at all now.

Marksman's pedestal is useless now and I don't understand why they nerfed empowered shot. The only time that was OP was with hit and run active.

Rift Disciple

Ok so I logged in last night and boy was I shocked. You most certainly feel the nerf but honestly I think it's ok. Rather than getting someone to 75% health and killing them I have to get them to about 40% then let the 5 Pointer dead eye fly. The class is still solid and lots of fun but it's going to take more skill now than before where it was pressing 1, 2, 3, boom head shot! Now Pedestal is just worthless now, sorry it's not worth it. Also why was Lightning Arrow changed?!?!? I'd prefer they nerfed that or ped, not both.
    Last edited by Zeratulz; 02-16-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    Zeratul - 50 Rank 6 Rogue/Zeratulz 4x Mage - Seastone Defiant - Rift

DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion
    Zeratul/Zeratulz/Zeratuls

Quote Originally Posted by Gherunn View Post
    It seems to be about a third to half but overall I think the souls are properly balanced. I like my MM/Ranger/NB combo. In the end I think it's more about the synergy between multiple souls rather than 1 soul being so great that everyone and their mother will be playing the same thing.
    There the lightbulb over his head turned on!

Soulwalker

Not sure what people are smoking, but the nerf on DeadEye was huge.
    Went from averaging about 1100 on critical to about 850 so 22.xx% nerf ballpark.

Give up any idea of running a pure Marksman in PVP, you would just be free kills.
    And in PVE, while still viable, you are no dps powerhouse, strong sustained dps classes have that covered and will dominate those Rift dps fests.

And if you are thinking of getting into how hybrids of Marksman were OP, not pure Marksman themselves, then allow me to retort that the nerf should have targeted hybridization, not ruined a pure build that was everything but OP.

Also, I did not pay attention to the changes to other classes, but the 1300 criticals by casters in PVP since the patch give you a perspective on just how OP 1100 criticals were...

Bitter? For sure.
    Last edited by Needax; 02-16-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Needax View Post
    Not sure what people are smoking, but the nerf on DeadEye was huge.
    Went from averaging about 1100 on critical to about 850 so 22.xx% nerf ballpark.

Give up any idea of running a pure Marksman in PVP, you would just be free kills.
    And in PVE, while still viable, you are no dps powerhouse, strong sustained dps classes have that covered and will dominate those Rift dps fests.

And if you are thinking of getting into how hybrids of Marksman were OP, not pure Marksman themselves, then allow me to retort that the nerf should have targeted hybridization, not ruined a pure build that was everything but OP.

Also, I did not pay attention to the changes to other classes, but the 1300 criticals by casters in PVP since the patch give you a perspective on just how OP 1100 criticals were...

Bitter? For sure.
    QQ more bro.

you think hitting 1100 crit ANYTIME you want (bullseye) at lvl 30-35 isnt OP? you need to go take
    class balance 101.

considering my Assassin in all blues dont even hit for that much...and he is MELEE.

heres pro tip.
    Similar Armor Classes/similar defensive:
    melee = more damage
    range=less damage.

i cant believe your qqing about a nerf, when you are doing 850~ crits..
    did you even notice, that most classes have circa 2.5k hp?
    my quickshot for Ranger hits for around 100~ per shot. so lets do math..

100x5=500.
    a 850 crit = 1350 damage.

you are not supposed to insta kill people in 1 cycle. if you thought you are supposed to completely kill someone with 1 skill rotation, go play a diff game.

and oh, btw, the reason casters can hit 1300 crit (btw, that is only 2 caster types that can do that, storm and pyro)

wait for it....
    wait for it...

wait...

wait...

THEY GOT LESS DEFENSE THAT YOU.

i play an assassin...and casters are a cake walk for me..
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous22 View Post
    QQ more bro.

you think hitting 1100 crit ANYTIME you want (bullseye) at lvl 30-35 isnt OP? you need to go take
    class balance 101.

considering my Assassin in all blues dont even hit for that much...and he is MELEE.

heres pro tip.
    Similar Armor Classes/similar defensive:
    melee = more damage
    range=less damage.

i cant believe your qqing about a nerf, when you are doing 850~ crits..
    did you even notice, that most classes have circa 2.5k hp?
    my quickshot for Ranger hits for around 100~ per shot. so lets do math..

100x5=500.
    a 850 crit = 1350 damage.

you are not supposed to insta kill people in 1 cycle. if you thought you are supposed to completely kill someone with 1 skill rotation, go play a diff game.

and oh, btw, the reason casters can hit 1300 crit (btw, that is only 2 caster types that can do that, storm and pyro)

wait for it....
    wait for it...

wait...

wait...

THEY GOT LESS DEFENSE THAT YOU.

i play an assassin...and casters are a cake walk for me..
    Actually, mages have notably more CC. In terms of damage prevention, all Rogues minus Riftstalkers are the weakest class in the game. In terms of physical damage mitigation, they may have a little on mages. But it's very little.

So no, Rogues have less defense than mages. Ergo, a Marksman can still splatter a mage all over the concrete.
    Alkonost D. Alphard
    Colonel of 72nd Troll Interdiction Regiment
    Attorney at Lawl
    "The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast