+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bards as solo both pve and pvp

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default Bards as solo both pve and pvp

    Will Bards be a viable option as a solo class, though the title stated pve, I am thinking mostly of pvp? Will they be able to hold their own against the other classes. Don't want an uber class just one that has a reasonable chance of not being owned no matter who he comes up against.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    as a bard in pvp your going to be up more as a healer, but let me put it this way i have a bard soul, tank soul, Dps soul and a Pvp soul.

  3. #3
    Champion Carolius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Bard with a touch of riftstalker makes for one tough cookie. Both PvE and PvP.
    For soloing, bard/ranger is nasty. I got the Big pig last beta and with bard buffs he was a freak. I COULDN'T pull aggro off the sucker(Big pig gets AOE taunt).

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dractus View Post
    as a bard in pvp your going to be up more as a healer, but let me put it this way i have a bard soul, tank soul, Dps soul and a Pvp soul.
    Thank you, For some reason I keep forgetting that we have four souls to play around with. Much appreciated.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolius View Post
    Bard with a touch of riftstalker makes for one tough cookie. Both PvE and PvP.
    For soloing, bard/ranger is nasty. I got the Big pig last beta and with bard buffs he was a freak. I COULDN'T pull aggro off the sucker(Big pig gets AOE taunt).
    Just what I needed. I will try Bard/Ranger ans see how I go. Cheers.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Dragoneyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire,UK
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dractus View Post
    as a bard in pvp your going to be up more as a healer, .
    This but I can not understand why there are not that many cleric healers for PvP ,I myself have a cleric healer and when I do some warfronts people don't protect me, or I get the reply "waist of time being a healer ..." and all the while the otherside who do have healers keep winning,doesn't make sense lol.
    Am rolling a bard in this beta have not decided what other souls I will have with it as of yet.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Drekor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneyes View Post
    This but I can not understand why there are not that many cleric healers for PvP ,I myself have a cleric healer and when I do some warfronts people don't protect me, or I get the reply "waist of time being a healer ..." and all the while the otherside who do have healers keep winning,doesn't make sense lol.
    Am rolling a bard in this beta have not decided what other souls I will have with it as of yet.
    I've never played an MMO where healers were common... it's not exactly a role just anyone can put up with, let alone do well at it.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I played my bard exclusively in Beta on the bard soul (full bard, rest in Riftstalker). PvE was easy and in PvP I had no troubles. Solo I could handle any content that anybody else my level was taking on, with absolutely no downtime.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts