+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (Assassins) A Change to exponse weakness, poison mastery and poison potency talents.

Rift Disciple

Default (Assassins) A Change to exponse weakness, poison mastery and poison potency talents.

Hello!

Many people seem to think the assassin lacks burst to make up for his squishiness. While Trion recently buffed assassins some, they also changed expose weakness.

My changes merges the poison mastery and poison potency talents, and changes expose weakness.

The reason for making poison mastery and poison potency talents merged is to 1. Make room for a new expose weakness talent and 2. Make it 5 points to increase your poison effectiveness rather than 8, because a 10% chance for poisons to proc on a 5 point talent seems pretty bad. It also rewards putting more points into assassin. Right now people seem to use it as a support tree. (crit chance, serrated blades, stealth, and now the poison masteries those dirty saboteurs may want!)

New Talent! "Poison Expertise," merger of poison potency and poison mastery.

Increases the chance your poison coated weapons apply Poison to your enemy by 2%-10%(5 points), and increases the damage your poison abilities do by 3%-15% (5 points).

New Talent! "Exploit Weakness"
    Reduces the charges your expose weakness ability has by 3/6/9, while keeping the damage the same.

*It may be necessary to add a short cooldown if this talent is taken to make it about as long as the old 20 stacked expose weakness. The reason for this is that this talent effectively doubles your burst from expose weakness when looking at a pvp fight, but could be overpowered in pve if there was no cooldown. This is just my guess, and no cool down may be required.

*Another way to do is it to smoosh "Poison Expertise" down into 3 points, and "Exploit Weakness" into 5, making it reduced charges by 10/20/30/40/50% (10 total charges), this could make "Poison Expertise" too good for the points invested, however.

Summary:

My idea makes 8 points into 5, making a 10% poison proc chance and a 15% increase poison ability damage into one, making these talents more appealing. It also increases assassins' burst through a new talent "Exploit Weakness" that halves the number of charges of expose weakness while keeping the damage the same.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Katana622; 02-15-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

6 Hours and 130 views later, no replies.

I try to be realistic with my changes. Any input? No?

ok move along
    Last edited by Katana622; 02-15-2011 at 12:16 PM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Katana622 View Post
    6 Hours and 130 views later, no replies.

I try to be realistic with my changes. Any input? No?

ok move along
    Everyone is too busy playing their saboteurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Rift Disciple

Shadowlander

For 5 points, assassin get +10% chance to proc poison. Yet, at the same height in their tree, nightblades get +30% weapon enhancement damage for 2 points.

I'm confused.

Shadowlander

I'm not sure you have read Expose Weakness correctly. It doesn't do a set amount of damage, it simply adds damage to each of your attacks (rank 1 skill is 5 damage per hit (physical and bleeds, not poisons)), up to 20 times within 20 seconds.

With your change it would make no difference to damage output apart from meaning the Rogue has to reapply it more often.

How about 'Imp Expose Weakness'

Your expose weakness has 2/4/6/8/10 less charges but damage dealt per hit is increased 5/10/15/20/25%. Applies to physical, bleeds and poison attacks.

Note that is not an increase on the base damage of the skill used, but the additional damage from Expose Weakness
    Last edited by Fluentcode; 02-16-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Have you noticed how fast Expose Weakness wears off in combat? It takes about 3-4 seconds on average for those charges to be used up and then you're faced with another dilemma:
    Do I refresh Expose Weakness and waste a GCD or keep my combat cycle going?

I'm not sure why everyone is suggesting that the skill contain less charges. I understand that you want more upfront burst damage, but due to the fact that this skill also adds to bleeds, it seems to be synergistic with a slightly different play style. Honestly, the whole assassin soul seems to lean more toward bleed damage than pure burst, even though you can build and play the assassin around that strategy.

I would suggest a skill that adds more charges or removes the charges completely, making it a time-based skill. Also, the timer could be reduced to 10 secs as I've never even come close to using the entire 20 secs.

Summary: I would spend skill points to ensure that this debuff stays on my target longer without having to use up any extra GCD during combat.
    ********I would not spend skill points to make it do the same damage in a shorter time.
    Last edited by Azoren; 02-22-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Formatting

+ Reply to Thread