+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ultimate Riftstalker ability

Telaran

Default Ultimate Riftstalker ability

I was wandering why all rogue souls has very nice 30+ spent point abilities but Riftstalker!
    For every soul the 30+ point ability is the apex of their power/ability!
    Bards can perform 15 finisher in a row without spending combo points,
    Nightblades root in place enemy while channerling about 1k damage and building 5 combo point,
    Assassins disappera and become immune to damage for 3 secs,
    Saboteurs place thier ultimate trap,
    Bladedancers have a 6 secs channeling aoe ability that garant them CC immunity,
    Markman has a 30 m channeling shot that buil combo and garant them cc immunity,
    Rangers summon their ultimate pet,
    Riftstalker? They change their combo point to the next target while building a bonus combo point! WOW!
    The idea could be nice..but let the ability do some damage at least and let the ability build 2 bonus combo points!!

Plane Walker

That kind of ability is for building points on an easy to hit target and then switching targets for a nice unexpected burst. None of the riftstalkers 3 finishers work well with this. The only use I can see for it would be to make a 'chasing' pvp RS to support a strong melee dps soul like BD/sin/NB.

I see where you're coming from though, for a soul that seems to be meant for tanking it is pretty useless(especially for a 31 pointer).

Rift Disciple

Basically yeah. Think of it like this. Your tanking, your at 3 combos, mobs at 23% health. Before you can get to 5 combos, group drops the mob. Great. But now there are 2 more mobs beatin on ya. Now, we hit Planar Switch and BAM! The new mob has 3-4 combos on him and just in time to hit that Rift Guard.

It's actually pretty nice. Remember, your a tank. Dps is not your thing.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

As an assassin rogue mainly, I'm willing to go deep into riftstalker JUST to take that ability, that's how good I think it is for my playstyle. Good thing Riftstalker also has other abilities I like of course

It's 30m range, instant, adds a combo point AND on a very friendly 10 second timer. In PvE being able to switch the combos is great but in PvP, it's insanely good. Basically it means you can keep building combos ALL the time, and just swap when you need them and burst people really not expecting it.

Build up combos on some random pet using bows, stealth, get close to some dude, swap, BAM.
    Try to finish healer, realize the guy right next to him is kinda low, blinding, swap, slip away, assassinate/stun/BAM then back on cleric who was still trying to heal himself.
    Getting low on health, see some guy about to die in range, swap combo, swap to tank stance, he dies, BAM, you get instant 30% (+30%) heal (with tank stance boosted HP that's a LOT of HP healed), swap back and change stance again.

In PvE it's also insanely good if you're tanking. You tank 3 or 4 mobs, realize one is almost dead, your healer is having issues coping, swap combos to that target, it dies, BAM, huge heal. You're tanking a boss and building combos, spawns taunt immune add, swap, BAM, instant mega aggro on it.
    Last edited by vaxatif; 02-15-2011 at 04:51 AM.
    "He who talks to the birds is not yet dead, for he has heard life itself!"
    Cool Tzu, The Art of the Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
    Basically yeah. Think of it like this. Your tanking, your at 3 combos, mobs at 23% health. Before you can get to 5 combos, group drops the mob. Great. But now there are 2 more mobs beatin on ya. Now, we hit Planar Switch and BAM! The new mob has 3-4 combos on him and just in time to hit that Rift Guard.

It's actually pretty nice. Remember, your a tank. Dps is not your thing.
    It only works on "existing combo points". If your old combo target is dead, you won't transfer anything I believe.
    "He who talks to the birds is not yet dead, for he has heard life itself!"
    Cool Tzu, The Art of the Dude.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by vaxatif View Post
    As an assassin rogue mainly, I'm willing to go deep into riftstalker JUST to take that ability, that's how good I think it is for my playstyle. Good thing Riftstalker also has other abilities I like of course

It's 30m range, instant, adds a combo point AND on a very friendly 10 second timer. In PvE being able to switch the combos is great but in PvP, it's insanely good. Basically it means you can keep building combos ALL the time, and just swap when you need them and burst people really not expecting it.

Build up combos on some random pet using bows, stealth, get close to some dude, swap, BAM.
    Try to finish healer, realize the guy right next to him is kinda low, blinding, swap, slip away, assassinate/stun/BAM then back on cleric who was still trying to heal himself.
    Getting low on health, see some guy about to die in range, swap combo, swap to tank stance, he dies, BAM, you get instant 30% (+30%) heal (with tank stance boosted HP that's a LOT of HP healed), swap back and change stance again.

In PvE it's also insanely good if you're tanking. You tank 3 or 4 mobs, realize one is almost dead, your healer is having issues coping, swap combos to that target, it dies, BAM, huge heal. You're tanking a boss and building combos, spawns taunt immune add, swap, BAM, instant mega aggro on it.
    I hope they realize how OP this ability is and change with a usefull one!
    The example of cleric is nice and it could work..
    This would work better: hide, shift, assassinate, puncture, hit, finisher.
    No waste of attack on an unkillable healer.
    Then we shouldn't use our combo point no more!
    Just wait for Rift barrier and/or Rift Scavenger!
    No way putting Riftstalker as a rogue soul!
    I realized the skill was intended to keep us fuelled with combos but assassins puncture and bards riff work far better doing damage at the same time!
    If you want to build combo without letting other knoe you are doing it use saboteur! It's far better same range and don't have CD!
    Last edited by algol80; 02-15-2011 at 05:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread