+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pure Bladedancer spec

Soulwalker

Default Pure Bladedancer spec

Hey, getting ready for today, decided to give Rogue a go and I have been playing with the soul trees. I came up with a pure BladeDancer dps spec ( I believe so anyway, lol ).

>> http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...huskohdz.i0x0h << (made quick edit, I took 2 points from Improved Blazing strike and put them in Poison Potency for a total of 15% poison damage boost).

Mainly chose Assassin and Nightblade for a boost in physical damage and increasing hit/critical hit and alittle boost from poison damage. Just wondering if this seems like a decent raiding/levelling spec, too my self it looks like a nice pure dps tree for bladedancer, first time really using the Soul tree Calculator. Tell me what you think of it, or what would needs to be changed to make it look abit better for dps. ^ ^
    Last edited by Ghath; 02-15-2011 at 03:06 AM.

I dunno man, I am not a rogue expert though I did play a BD up to level 25 last BETA. Couple thoughts you may want to consider.

Unless you have someone holding aggro for you, you have very little defense going on. If you plan on soloing I think you may want to get rid of one of the Offense souls and get some Defense going there.

Or maybe take advantage of the few BD parry enhancers and such. I dunno may or may not help. However my points are all moot if you have a partner.
    Tylendis
    Nothing is ever as good or as bad as first reported.-Slim

Soulwalker

thanks for the quick reply. I made a change regarding to what you said about defense, I've removed Nightblade and added riftstalker for the defense/armor boost and I specc'd high enough for 2/3 skill for the self heal.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...zhusoohdz.xcxb bah seemes to be abit bugged on bladedancer tree :< but you get the idea haha :P

Rift Disciple

Ok, right off the bat. You've got to take Magnify Pain. Your crits will love you. The assassin soul is great for buffing any dps rogue spec. Get it at least to MP

Second, you have Imp Final Blow AND Imp Blazing Strike. No need for 2 finishers. Find out which one does the most dps and go with it. And skipping Ambidextrous in a BD build might be a bad choice. +15% agility is good for crits/dodge/attack power. Don't underestimate Blade and Fury. Those 3 combo builders backed with Deadly Dance is pretty good dps.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...i0Aus0o0zz.V0x

I'd go something like this if I was maining BD. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Inexist; 02-15-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

I've leveled as a bard till 22 and as a bladedancer/riftstalker to 35. Rift Scavenger is a must for soloing if your taking the riftstalker tree anyway and I'd put another point in that to cap it. I had 13 points in riftstalker. 5 in Unseen Fury, 3 in boosted recovery, 2 in great fortitude and 3 into Rift Scavenger. The rest was in bladedancer.

I have a similar build in mind as your first post that I'm going to work towards in the open beta. I'm hoping the extra damage and leaching poison will make up for not having Rift Scavenger. As a side note, having Rift Scavenger created a situation where I wouldn't want to use my finishers toward the end of a fight.

http://seelenplaner.telara.net/#rogu...03321002101;31

will be my final build

pure blade dancer / assn

tons of parry and dodge for soloing and plenty of dps for groups / instances via assn (when i wont be dodging for dps)

worked well last few betas

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a "pure" also known as a 51-point build? I think you guys are just referring to your primary soul as a pure?
    ______Assassin Fun Factor
    PvE: ╔═══▼═════════╗
    _____-█████████████+
    PvP: ╚══════════▲══╝

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthara View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a "pure" also known as a 51-point build? I think you guys are just referring to your primary soul as a pure?
    pure to me isnt 51 points in because there are less useful talents in each tree so going full 51 usually isnt worth it

pure to me is going up to the final talent in the tree

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthara View Post
    Pure is spending 51 points in a tree then not spending any other points making you a steaming pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Pure is spending 51 points in a tree then not spending any other points making you a steaming pile of crap.
    QFT

10cookies
    _____-█████████████+

Quote Originally Posted by HyuJun View Post
    pure to me isnt 51 points in because there are less useful talents in each tree so going full 51 usually isnt worth it

pure to me is going up to the final talent in the tree
    So what happens if you get the final talent in two soul tree's? Does that make you a double pure build?
    _____-█████████████+

Rift Disciple

My girlfiend and I both play bladedancer mains, assassin secondary, and I chose sab as my 3rd, while she took riftstalker as her 3rd. We're both running full dps spec mostly, but she has some defense in riftstalker. We pretty much shred anyone together, and the dps in pve is nice. =)

+ Reply to Thread