+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thoughts on new builds for sabs now charges are treated as posions?

Default thoughts on new builds for sabs now charges are treated as posions?

So is it going to be better to put the sins soul with sabs now to get the posions increase damage?

just wondering on peoples thoughts and what there builds may consist of now, that posion damage will increase charges damage.

Plane Walker

Sin tree is definitely viable for Sabs because of that 15% bonus from poison damage. To optimize the damage from the sin spec you will have to find a way to proc a crit before you detonate your sab charges. Usually this will mean spamming a skill from a different sole like Ranger's quick shot.

I wouldn't say sin is necessary though. Something like riftstalker and nightblade would give a good amount of extra dps as well.
    Last edited by `xell; 02-15-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

There is definately a good synergy now with sin/sab. Sin offers the crit and poison buffs, Sab adds range and burst. Sin also has lock downs, Sab has kites. All in all, a worthy combo. I know I'll be trying it out, given a sab has been my main since B5.
    Last edited by Mesmer; 02-15-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    "Players are the deadliest game"

This is the internet: Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmer View Post
    There is definately a good synergy now with sin/sab. Sin offers the crit and poison buffs, Sab adds range and burst. Sin also has lock downs, Sab has kites. All in all, a worthy combo. I know I'll be trying it out, given a sab has been my main since B5.
    You will be wasting way too many points to get the 15% from the assassin soul.

The patch changes nothing, imo, for play style or soul building for sabs. NB is still by far the best soul to match sab with with infiltrator, ranger, or rb for the 3rd slot.

Play to Crush.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Catskills View Post
    Imo, way too many wasted points just for the 15% dex.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Niflhel View Post
    So is it going to be better to put the sins soul with sabs now to get the posions increase damage?

just wondering on peoples thoughts and what there builds may consist of now, that posion damage will increase charges damage.
    sin is no good for sab

you can get stealth, sap and more then +15% dmg from saboteur skills with nightblade for 10 points

Quote Originally Posted by Lodor View Post
    Imo, way too many wasted points just for the 15% dex.
    Yeah, that 30% psychical damage increase buff is nothing.
    Last edited by Catskills; 02-15-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    Play to Crush.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VVMcEk0ko.E00V

what abotu sometihg like this. BD for teh dodge when you get engaged will be usefull and teh dex stack seems epic
    If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Catskills View Post
    Yeah, that 30% psychical damage increase buff is nothing.
    Its use vs cooldown isnt worth it when most the sabs skills dont do physical damage.

Its use vs cooldown isnt worth it when most the sabs skills dont do physical damage.
    Really?

Detonate, Blast Charge, Spike Charge, Fragmentation Bomb, Shrapnel Charge, Barbed Trap all do Physical damage.

There are 4 Tier 4, 5 and 6 talents that only improve the abilities that do physical damage. I think it's misleading to say that most Saboteur skills do not do physical damage.
    Last edited by Ibliss; 02-15-2011 at 05:40 AM.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xkoRz.VhtMr0xo

much better damage increases in night blade. PvP wise that's what i'm rolling with.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ibliss View Post
    Really?

Detonate, Blast Charge, Spike Charge, Fragmentation Bomb, Shrapnel Charge, Barbed Trap all do Physical damage.

There are 4 Tier 4, 5 and 6 talents that only improve the abilities that do physical damage. I think it's misleading to say that most Saboteur skills do not do physical damage.
    detonate, spike charge, shrapnel charge are the only skills worthy of note, you'll only be using 5 out of the 7 and one of those will be replaced when you need to slow via concussive charge. so no wasting 2 points on a skill that buffs a very minute part of your dps is considered a waste.

Blast charges & detonates, shrapnels, bombs, finishers from other builds, thats pretty much all you need to gib one guy.If you have still not understood, so many souls have high inbuilt elemental resistances, so using blast charges is in most cases required, since it has the option of 50% armor nullify.

Quote Originally Posted by Saderic View Post
    detonate, spike charge, shrapnel charge are the only skills worthy of note, you'll only be using 5 out of the 7 and one of those will be replaced when you need to slow via concussive charge. so no wasting 2 points on a skill that buffs a very minute part of your dps is considered a waste.
    You're utterly stupid if you waste your damage for concussive charge's slows when there's a lot better slows available that fit into builds. What DPS? Saboteur do not deal DPS, they are all about back-loaded damage.
    Last edited by Catskills; 02-15-2011 at 06:47 AM.
    Play to Crush.

Shadowlander

Huge nerf for Sabs. Assassin would be a good soul to mix only because dispels are not specific. Poison + Charges would allow either form of damage to continue after a dispel. Poisons would almost be a giveaway.

+ Reply to Thread