+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged DPS

Default Ranged DPS

I didn't get to play too much of the last beta, but I'm looking for a 3 soul combination for ranged dps without a pet. I was looking at Saboteur, Ranger, Assassin and I was just wondering what everyone thought, or if there was a better combination.

If you dont want the pet swap in marksman for ranger, they do far far more ranged dmg and are petless.

Alright, thank you
    Last edited by Zercy; 02-14-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zercy View Post
    I didn't get to play too much of the last beta, but I'm looking for a 3 soul combination for ranged dps without a pet. I was looking at Saboteur, Ranger, Assassin and I was just wondering what everyone thought, or if there was a better combination.
    Been tossing up which soul mix to try next.... although I cannot really give you any feedback being that I only tested up to ranger/assassin/riftstalker up to lvl 12... and while in pvp, found the pet to be totally disruptive against assassin, making it worthless. (kept rerolling to try various options between warrior and rogue for my first class pick once game goes live..... (ranger has pet so you might have meant marskman?)

I am looking into rolling:

Bard - Love grouping in raids/instances/pvp so it maybe useful?

Marksman/Ranger - Havent tried marksman but thinking of going with marksman for a test run.

Saboteur - like the idea of supplying counter measures in an assault, traps, etc. Not 100% sure how well it will perform in dungeons.
    ----------------- from a pve aspect-------------
    Bard - Marksman - Saboteur

----------------- from a pvp aspect-------------
    Sabatour/Bard or Ranged/Infiltrator

The Infiltrator is a Rogue PvP soul. The abilities and skills increase your damage and defense against other players. The soul is purchasable for 2400 Favor.

(Not sure how that works with having already 3 souls picked... or if that can be traded to replace an already existing soul.)

Still unsure how to spend my points though... lol
    Last edited by Maguson; 02-14-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Rift Chaser

You could also spec 6 in Ranger without using the pet ever.
    You would still get +5% crit,a great snare, and a decent Buff to AP (predatory instinct)

In warfronts I often gave up on resummoning the pet once it was lost but I used the snare from ranger practically every c/d.

Sab gets a snare but the ranger snare can go to 35 meters, adds a combo point, does damage, and has a 10second CD instead of Sab's 15 second CD.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-14-2011 at 11:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread