+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts about this build

Soulwalker

Default Thoughts about this build

I'm fairly new to MMOs in general but I really enjoyed playing Rift.Could I get some opinions about my first build? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0RVzVz.EGco0ok Are there skills I should get or remove? I'm trying to go for a DPS build.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEmanatee View Post
    I'm fairly new to MMOs in general but I really enjoyed playing Rift.Could I get some opinions about my first build? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0RVzVz.EGco0ok Are there skills I should get or remove? I'm trying to go for a DPS build.
    Invested in way too many abilities.

You have invested your points in attack abilities in all three classes.

Think about it for a sec - you have more abilities than your CD can cover.

Or in other words, you will probably be able to use 6 abilities in a rotation, leaving the others unused.

What you want is to invest in abilities that can be used in a rotation, with very little waste, and invest the rest in passive buffs that enhance your character, i.e. more dexterity or HP

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Invested in way too many abilities.

You have invested your points in attack abilities in all three classes.

Think about it for a sec - you have more abilities than your CD can cover.

Or in other words, you will probably be able to use 6 abilities in a rotation, leaving the others unused.

What you want is to invest in abilities that can be used in a rotation, with very little waste, and invest the rest in passive buffs that enhance your character, i.e. more dexterity or HP
    I see, I'll try again. Should I just limit attack abilities to one soul? If so, how do you figure out which would be the best soul to use?
    Last edited by HUGEmanatee; 02-14-2011 at 09:13 PM.

yes you want to try and limit most of your attacks to one soul but you can use a few from the other souls if they are worth putting in your rotation and honestly the soul you like to play best is the one you sould make your main soul just play around with it in the open beta and find a soul that you like to play

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEmanatee View Post
    I see, I'll try again. Should I just limit attack abilities to one soul? If so, how do you figure out which would be the best soul to use?
    Generally, yes.

Remember that you gain root abilities as you level. If you invest in DPS abilities in two souls, you'll have to deal with the DPS abilities in the tree branches as well as the roots. You'll have more than you'll use.

At least with one class, you'll be able to deal with the branch and root skills of that soul alone. I was 35 in beta and I noticed that I had more than enough skills already that I didn't need to invest in other DPS abilities of other souls. That won't change in end-game since our energy output remains the same (one soul can actually increase it by a bit). So I highly suggest you invest in at least 31-33 points in one soul.

But that doesn't mean you can't invest 31-33 points in other souls. Just try as much as possible to invest in the passives. Only in certain circumstances would it be viable to invest in different abilities across different souls, and that would be in the case of DPS/Riftstalker or DPS/Bard soul builds. You can maintain even distribution with these builds and still be viable.

+ Reply to Thread