+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling / Solo PVE build

Default Leveling / Solo PVE build

Thinking of the following build for Solo PVE / Leveling

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Vz..MVMctcbV0z

Lot of utility both ranged and melee. was thinking MM/***/Rang but seems ranger for solo pve/leveling is a bit of a lackbuster.

Any comments welcome.

Telaran

I was considering something similar, I was originally thinking of a Ranger/MM/Sab build for leveling but I think Assassin will be more useful for leveling. I will probably have a MM build for grouping as I prefer to be petless in instances.

Yep, a MM build with compliment souls for proper dps and such for doing instances, will see though.
    NB spec with AS and Ranged seems mint as well: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0ch.VhxM0qgMss

Gave only reached level 18 as beta6 was my first so gonn have to play with the souls to see whats best for group runs and offcourse what I like. Still need to try a few souls out.

The spec I posted seems good fun having both ranged and melee with some stuns, slows and hvaing a pet taking all the damage. Hope to be able to keep on kiliing multiple enemies without to much or any downtime.
    Last edited by Sincx; 02-14-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Telaran

I leveled to low 20's using a Ranger/MM/Sab build (max Ranger, rest in MM, 0 in Sab just for the ae snare) and yes you can kill single mobs pretty fast, but when you inevitably get adds in tightly packed places like Iron Fortress your pet can't hold ae aggro very well and you end up having to tank some mobs yourself or kite them around, unless you can really micromanage your pet and switch him to adds very quickly.

Then I changed to a full Bard, rest in Riftstalker, zero in Ranger just for the pet and even though I killed individual mobs slower getting several adds didn't even faze me. I could tank 2 or 3 while my pet tanked 1 or 2 and could keep us up with my healing buffs/motifs while I used 5 point Coda of Fury to ae them all down. Sometimes survivability >> burst, particularly in an area where kiting is dangerous.

Oh and by the way if I were to level as an archer type again I would favor MM over ranger next time as the pig is the only pet you really need to level, since he is the only pet that keeps aggro, and the pets in general aren't particularly useful in Warfronts anyway if you PvP since they tend to die quickly.
    Last edited by RedRover57; 02-14-2011 at 11:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread