+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Keep coming back to the same thing..

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Weez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    261

    Default Keep coming back to the same thing..

    Will Bards be a dime a dozen come launch? My favorite class has, thus far, been the Bard. I played one up to LvL 28 during BETA 6.

    Many times during BETA I would find myself being one of a few Bards in a WF or a Rift group. As a raider, I'm looking forward to end-game PvE and if I have to compete with 5000000 other bards for 1 or maybe 2 spots, it might be tough to find a good guild and become a regular.

    Open beta will have me going back to my old tricks of healer to see if I like it mainly due to the problem presented above.

    Now, I know one can switch roles, but to be honest, the remaining Rogue souls are not extremely exciting for me, so my goal is to be a full 51 pt Bard.

    Anyway, the question stands: Do you think there will be many Bards come launch?


    **Edited for clarity**
    Last edited by Weez; 02-14-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    See our RIFT guides for Shaman, Archon, Chloromancer, Bard and more.

    All the Guides, News and Information on the Games YOU play.

    Visit our new website at www.GamingWeez.com

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    i may be missijng soomething, but how do u propose to use a 28 bard at launch?

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Obviously he didn't realize that beta characters will be wiped at launch. Doesn't change the point of his post.

    There'll prolly be a lot of available bards thanks to the four role system. I'm sure far more people will end up playing dps though. Worst case scenario, you and another bard could just take turns with bard mainspec / dps mainspec.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Weez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pragg View Post
    i may be missijng soomething, but how do u propose to use a 28 bard at launch?
    Re-read my post and you are right. The fiorst paragraph seems to indicate that I thought BETA characters weren't being wiped. Going to edit for clarity.

    FYI: Yes, I know BETA characters are being wiped. I guess my point with the "sitting there" sentence was to stress that I won't be playing it during BETA 7.

    The point, as the 2nd respondent said is will there be too many Bards at launch or shortly after, in your opinion?
    See our RIFT guides for Shaman, Archon, Chloromancer, Bard and more.

    All the Guides, News and Information on the Games YOU play.

    Visit our new website at www.GamingWeez.com

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Annabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faeblight
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weez View Post
    Will Bards be a dime a dozen come launch? My favorite class has, thus far, been the Bard. I played one up to LvL 28 during BETA 6.

    Many times during BETA I would find myself being one of a few Bards in a WF or a Rift group. As a raider, I'm looking forward to end-game PvE and if I have to compete with 5000000 other bards for 1 or maybe 2 spots, it might be tough to find a good guild and become a regular.

    Open beta will have me going back to my old tricks of healer to see if I like it mainly due to the problem presented above.

    Now, I know one can switch roles, but to be honest, the remaining Rogue souls are not extremely exciting for me, so my goal is to be a full 51 pt Bard.

    Anyway, the question stands: Do you think there will be many Bards come launch?


    **Edited for clarity**
    I think it will even out.


    A little kindness goes a long way.




  6. #6
    Champion Carolius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    512

    Default

    I think there will be 50 million rogues at launch. I'd say about 90% of them will be pretending to be riftstalkers or bards to get groups, so they can level. Then once they hit cap they can turn into the stealthing, solo gankers that everyone loves.

    At 50, if you are really a dedicated bard, I think you will have no problem finding people who want you. Leveling, good luck with that.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I could be wrong, but IMO, there won't be as many full-spec bards as you might think. I think there may be quite a few in the high-teens to high-twenties range, which may affect everyday pve grouping and warfronts, but eventually for raids, I doubt there will be a dozen for every dime...

    Having said that, if you don't expect a regular group (without another bard) or aren't in a guild already where you are expected to play that role... perhaps you would need to consider alternate roles from time to time on the way to lvl50.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Annabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faeblight
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolius View Post
    I think there will be 50 million rogues at launch. I'd say about 90% of them will be pretending to be riftstalkers or bards to get groups, so they can level. Then once they hit cap they can turn into the stealthing, solo gankers that everyone loves.

    At 50, if you are really a dedicated bard, I think you will have no problem finding people who want you. Leveling, good luck with that.
    I only leveled a bard to 30 but it was very very easy to level... I don't know if it becomes harder arter that but there are only 20 more levels to go... I can't foresee any problem with it...


    A little kindness goes a long way.




  9. #9
    Plane Walker Drekor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429

    Default

    I've still yet to see another full support bard like myself. Most people take a couple points in it but nothing serious. I'm sure there will be a lot of rogues that have it as an seperate role to help them get in dungeon groups though.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I didn't run into that many full support bards while playing. In a BG, I ran into one other usually, which is fine. In my guild, I'm the only one going bard, so I have no worries about finding a spot.

    Honestly, with the soul system, you don't have to worry about it. I'm planning on one full support bard spec (51 bard); one spec will be Riftstalker any off-tanking needs; I'll have one spec for DPS (assassin or nightblade), and finally one bard spec to support stealth gank groups (take bard to 32ish and rest in assassin).

    What that gives is a LOT of variety. Remember, you are NOT limited to one soul or role. Mix it up. That's what makes this game different.

  11. #11
    Champion Carolius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I only leveled a bard to 30 but it was very very easy to level... I don't know if it becomes harder arter that but there are only 20 more levels to go... I can't foresee any problem with it...
    I meant in pugs.

    /2 "Need a healer for IT. 18+ pst"
    /*you* "could you use a bard?"
    /2 "ummmm. we already have 4 rogues"

    Bard for solo leveling is awesome sauce. And awesome sauce goes well with... anything. =)
    Last edited by Carolius; 02-15-2011 at 08:21 AM.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Drekor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scheky View Post
    I didn't run into that many full support bards while playing. In a BG, I ran into one other usually, which is fine. In my guild, I'm the only one going bard, so I have no worries about finding a spot.

    Honestly, with the soul system, you don't have to worry about it. I'm planning on one full support bard spec (51 bard); one spec will be Riftstalker any off-tanking needs; I'll have one spec for DPS (assassin or nightblade), and finally one bard spec to support stealth gank groups (take bard to 32ish and rest in assassin).

    What that gives is a LOT of variety. Remember, you are NOT limited to one soul or role. Mix it up. That's what makes this game different.
    You may want to go infiltrator instead of assassin to support stealth gank groups, it's filled with more awesomeness for a bard(and still gets you perma-stealth).

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Telal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    There will be a lot of bards

    however, i feel most bards will be low in spec, and/or low in ability

    the great bards that make you go "wtf happened, how did we do that" are going to be very very rare
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    You may want to go infiltrator instead of assassin to support stealth gank groups, it's filled with more awesomeness for a bard(and still gets you perma-stealth).
    full-spec bard won't be able to get perma-stealth from Infiltrator... its 20 point root ability. For that matter it takes 21 points in Sin to get perma-stealth, so a full-spec bard will have to settle for the 30sec variety in any case.

  15. #15
    Telaran Dooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    When pveing i will go 51 point bard, but you dont need 51 points for pvp support. dead bards don't support their groups for ****.
    as a min i want to grab twilight shelter in nightblade for pvp (18 pts)

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts