+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Marksman]

Default [Marksman]

We all know that the Marksman has been nerfed and pedestrial too . Well i don`t see any good changes at all as someone said there will be some good changes along with nerfs .

Correct me if i am wrong .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 02-14-2011 at 04:41 PM.

51 point root is a 25% pedstal now and the retreat one has been moved down to like 40 I think

Plane Walker

Only thing you should be considered about is the reduction damage of empowered shot and deadeye shot.

The Pedestal changes are for the better. 25% increase in damage is serious for PvE and I wouldn't mind going 51 points to get access to that.

And we don't even know yet if there is a Rank 2 for the pedestal. Could be 30-35% damage by endgame.

first 10%, then 15% and now only 5%? dont see a reason why i should use it anymore.. and the sniper pedestral may be 25%, but no way i am putting 51 points in marksman just to get a 25% increase for killing quest mobs, since its close to useless in pvp

i would agree with 10%, not too much and not too low, but 5%? thanks but no thanks

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    first 10%, then 15% and now only 5%? dont see a reason why i should use it anymore.. and the sniper pedestral may be 25%, but no way i am putting 51 points in marksman just to get a 25% increase for killing quest mobs, since its close to useless in pvp

i would agree with 10%, not too much and not too low, but 5%? thanks but no thanks
    It's a root ability - it's possible that we can train these skills past rank 1. So perhaps there is a rank 2 ability of the Marksman pedestal of 10% damage.

It's useless for PvP but you cannot deny how much helpful 25% extra damage in dungeons is.

Telaran

I enjoyed what levels I had in Marksman in the last Beta I got my character up to level 20. The ranged combat was more fun than melee. Whatever changes they made as long as they don't gimp the class I am fine with it. From what I was reading Marksman were 3 shooting people in PvP? If that's true its a bit over the top.

The 5% pedestal at lvl 18 dose seem a bit pointless, but I don't know how severe the other adjustments were. My wife is going to try game out next beta , so if anyone can let me know how the MM/AS/RNG build works in the next beta that would be most appreciated.

As long as MM is not completely gimped I am going to stick with it.
    Last edited by pixelelement; 02-14-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Xes
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by pixelelement View Post
    I enjoyed what levels I had in Marksman in the last Beta I got my character up to level 20. The ranged combat was more fun than melee. Whatever changes they made as long as they don't gimp the class I am fine with it. From what I was reading Marksman were 3 shooting people in PvP? If that's true its a bit over the top.

The 5% pedestal at lvl 18 dose seem a bit pointless, but I don't know how severe the other adjustments were. My wife is going to try game out next beta , so if anyone can let me know how the MM/AS/RNG build works in the next beta that would be most appreciated.

Marksman were only 3 shotting people below 50% health. There was no way for them to annihilate anyone without Dead Eye Shot critting. They're not Saboteurs after all...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pixelelement View Post

The claims of 3-shots and 2-shots are not true.
    Even if they mean 2 or 3 Deadeye shots ; Deadeye is a finisher and requires 5 combos it's back end damage. Their claimed "three shot" is many more than three shots and many more than 3 global cooldowns.

When I play as a marksman I see a long string of smallish damage numbers then occasionally a larger one (for a finisher) which doesn't always crit anyhow. It is not 1 hit ; 2 hit ; 3 hit; opponent dead! It is many small attacks and then some finishers.

The only change in those notes that matters is Empowered Shot and Deadeye shot being reduced.
    None of us know how much it was reduced and it is too early to tell.

There are many talents and root abilities which support Emp and Deadeye like Hit and Run. When you diminish those two abilities you hurt all the other stuff. Deadeye Shot and Empowered shot are the foundation of the class.

I will be annoyed if Ranger attacks do more damage than those two attacks at the same ranks.

Pedestal is not an ability I care about.
    I've used it in Warfronts to try it and in my opinion it doesn't even belong in the Marksman soul anyhow.
    I would rather see a talent or root ability to improve swift shot or haste shot's damage.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xes View Post
    Marksman were only 3 shotting people below 50% health. There was no way for them to annihilate anyone without Dead Eye Shot critting. They're not Saboteurs after all...
    I just read a lot of people complaining about MM 3 shot killing people in PvP. I don't know how legit that is, but clearly the devs thought MM needed adjustments. Hopefully, they balance it out after beta 7, and the start of the game. I mean if MM are getting killed left and right in the next Beta I am sure they will make more adjustments before the game comes out.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    The claims of 3-shots and 2-shots are not true.
    Even if they mean 2 or 3 Deadeye shots ; Deadeye is a finisher and requires 5 combos it's back end damage. Their claimed "three shot" is many more than three shots and many more than 3 global cooldowns.

When I play as a marksman I see a long string of smallish damage numbers then occasionally a larger one (for a finisher) which doesn't always crit anyhow. It is not 1 hit ; 2 hit ; 3 hit; opponent dead! It is many small attacks and then some finishers.

The only change in those notes that matters is Empowered Shot and Deadeye shot being reduced.
    None of us know how much it was reduced and it is too early to tell.

There are many talents and root abilities which support Emp and Deadeye like Hit and Run. When you diminish those two abilities you hurt all the other stuff. Deadeye Shot and Empowered shot are the foundation of the class.

I will be annoyed if Ranger attacks do more damage than those two attacks at the same ranks.

Pedestal is not an ability I care about.
    I've used it in Warfronts to try it and in my opinion it doesn't even belong in the Marksman soul anyhow.
    I would rather see a talent or root ability to improve swift shot or haste shot's damage.
    Well I will be looking at your guys feedback about the new changes. Hopefully if they are to much the devs will make some final tweaks before the game comes out. I am very interested in the results, because I had my character all worked out.

If the new ZAM numbers are correct... Caveat this is using ONLY the Rank 1 damage numbers and while indicative, it may not tell the whole story.

Empowered Shot: -25%
    Old 33-35, New 24-27 = a clean 25% reduction

Deadeye Shot: +43.88%
    1pt - Old 30, New 43 = +43.3%
    2pt - Old 49, new 71 = +44.8%
    3pt - Old 69, New 99 = +43.4%
    4pt - Old 79, New 113 = +43%
    5pt - Old 98, New 142 = +44.9%

So! The spamable builder was cut down, but the Finisher was greatly improved!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    If the new ZAM numbers are correct... Caveat this is using ONLY the Rank 1 damage numbers and while indicative, it may not tell the whole story.

Empowered Shot: -25%
    Old 33-35, New 24-27 = a clean 25% reduction

Deadeye Shot: +43.88%
    1pt - Old 30, New 43 = +43.3%
    2pt - Old 49, new 71 = +44.8%
    3pt - Old 69, New 99 = +43.4%
    4pt - Old 79, New 113 = +43%
    5pt - Old 98, New 142 = +44.9%

So! The spamable builder was cut down, but the Finisher was greatly improved!
    EDIT: technically since its weapon damage + 98-->142 it isnt a +44.9% increase; it would be less... Not that I would complain. I just like accuracy and people will blow things out of proportion anyhow may as well start off closer to the real.

Are there any data bases for RIFT that list all the ranks for skills?

I went to another tab in ZAM where it listed abilities (not the soul trees but all the skills) but it only showed one per skill not for example rank 1 empowered shot ; rank 2 empowered shot etc.

Heres maybe a dumb question: I never realized Deadeye (after using it a ton LOL) was 60 energy. Is that what it was before?
    Last edited by Beans; 02-14-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    EDIT: technically since its weapon damage + 98-->142 it isnt a +44.9% increase; it would be less... Not that I would complain. I just like accuracy and people will blow things out of proportion anyhow may as well start off closer to the real.

Are there any data bases for RIFT that list all the ranks for skills?

I went to another tab in ZAM where it listed abilities (not the soul trees but all the skills) but it only showed one per skill not for example rank 1 empowered shot ; rank 2 empowered shot etc.

Heres maybe a dumb question: I never realized Deadeye (after using it a ton LOL) was 60 energy. Is that what it was before?
    Sorry, you are correct I was only regarding the bonus damages.

As to Deadeye! DOH! I missed that, used to be 40 according to my notes. Half again more energy, half again more bonus damage?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    Sorry, you are correct I was only regarding the bonus damages.

As to Deadeye! DOH! I missed that, used to be 40 according to my notes. Half again more energy, half again more bonus damage?
    The other side of that double-edged sword is that the nerf to Empowered shot would be less than a 25% reduction as well. I don't know what % of damage is weapon damage (on average.)

In any case 1/3 more energy certainly means you will have less Deadeye shots within a 15second Hit and Run so it would be a reduction its hard to say how much. It will shake up certain PVE rotations too. At the very least they took something; but in a smaller way gave something back.

It makes Controlled Fire (50% reduction in abilities costs for 15 seconds) much more crucial for burst. If the information on ZAM is true I would absolutely go MM to 38 for controlled fire now instead of 32 MM.

DOH : I forgot about "Energy is reduced by adding more combo points" how does that even work?
    Last edited by Beans; 02-14-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Wondering now after the changes if ranger gonna be better .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast