+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rift stalker/assassin/blade dancer good for lvling??

Default rift stalker/assassin/blade dancer good for lvling??

hey guys i been reading up some info and stuff and i saw that rift stalker is rly good to have and to work on it a little at least to get boosted recovery/rift scavenger those 2 make's a good combo..so the question here is will rift stalker/assassin/blade dance kill mobs fast and put out nice dps on mobs? and make me survive longer if maybe i get 3 or more mob on me?? but the most important thing is WILL IT KILL MOBS FAST?? kill like a rogue should maybe like the WoW rogue oh n if u have a build that shows rift stalker/assassin/blade dancer post it so i can take a look or make one ur own and posted here but plz try and make it about rift stalker/***/blade thanks

this is one of the builds i have come up with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Ih.GARftRfodbo

LMAO 123 views and no one has any comments? why is that? no one has tried this build before?? come on ppl.....
    Last edited by icevain; 02-14-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Lightbulb

It really depends what your main tree is. You won't be doing much 20-20-20, so the only thing anyone can ask is what are you going for primarily playstyle?

Riftstalker is more of a defensive build, Assassin is dps, BD and NB are hybrids, etc.
    "It's sad something so well written was wasted on a forum post..." - Gilmador

Assassin's Leeching Poison will work with Riftstalker's Boosted Recovery. That should help you quite a bit with downtime. The Dodge + reactives in Blade Dancer as well as their AoEs will also help with leveling.

You won't have as much killing power as Nightblade\Assassin\Blade Dancer but I would argue that it's actually faster to have survivability and chain pull/aoe pull. Sitting down drinking, running to my corpose or creeping around mobs to isolate them does 0 dps in my book.
    Last edited by Ibliss; 02-15-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    "The only reason I need to group is to have witnesses to my greatness." -Hubris

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ibliss View Post
    Assassin's Leeching Poison will work with Riftstalker's Boosted Recovery. That should help you quite a bit with downtime. The Dodge + reactives in Blade Dancer as well as their AoEs will also help with leveling.

You won't have as much killing power as Nightblade\Assassin\Blade Dancer but I would argue that it's actually faster to have survivability and chain pull/aoe pull. Sitting down drinking, running to my corpose or creeping around mobs to isolate them does 0 dps in my book.
    Basically exactly what Ibliss said. I did primarily RS/Assassin as a solo grinding spec last beta going 20 into BD to get to shadow blitz + cool down reduction on phase shifts and the rest into assassin (26) which got me leeching poison and the damage increases out of there. I was able to take on 5-6 even level mobs simultaneously and walk out with full hp if I did things right. Great lasting power and good self heals made it pretty easy.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by gulain View Post
    Basically exactly what Ibliss said. I did primarily RS/Assassin as a solo grinding spec last beta going 20 into BD to get to shadow blitz + cool down reduction on phase shifts and the rest into assassin (26) which got me leeching poison and the damage increases out of there. I was able to take on 5-6 even level mobs simultaneously and walk out with full hp if I did things right. Great lasting power and good self heals made it pretty easy.

Do you by chance have a link to your spec. I am main lining assassin right now but am only level 10 and can see my multi target sustainability is low unless I incapacitate things. I do mow through things so fast though that it doesnt seem that bad. My current methodology is stealth, elusiveness, incapacitate target 1, expose weakness target two, assassinate, puncture, savage strike, guarded steel, target one is usally now dead or a savage strike or two and a final blow away from it. target two expose weakness open with puncture if stealth isn't up build to final blow with savage strike.

3 targets with one incapacitated, i use side steps
    3 targets nothing incapacitaded, shadow shift and try to run , not this does not work with regularity as mobs seem to be faster than me.
    current build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVMp..Gooc.h

does anyone have a build for these three souls, I personally am looking for one heavy in assassin with enough in riftstalker and/or bladedancer for good balance single target destruction and 2 - 3 target situations. I have no beta play experience thats why I am asking

Soulwalker

is this build viable in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by icevain View Post
    hey guys i been reading up some info and stuff and i saw that rift stalker is rly good to have and to work on it a little at least to get boosted recovery/rift scavenger those 2 make's a good combo..so the question here is will rift stalker/assassin/blade dance kill mobs fast and put out nice dps on mobs? and make me survive longer if maybe i get 3 or more mob on me?? but the most important thing is WILL IT KILL MOBS FAST?? kill like a rogue should maybe like the WoW rogue oh n if u have a build that shows rift stalker/assassin/blade dancer post it so i can take a look or make one ur own and posted here but plz try and make it about rift stalker/***/blade thanks

this is one of the builds i have come up with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Ih.GARftRfodbo

LMAO 123 views and no one has any comments? why is that? no one has tried this build before?? come on ppl.....
    Alright So... Here it is in a nutshell.

While leveling, there are certain phases where Spec A.) is vastly better than spec B.) for various reasons. Early in the game, it's highly competitive, and you almost have to be either a ranger or marksman for the range / pet. Once you get into less populated waters, you can start weaving into a melee soul.

There is another reason you should hold off on the melee souls.

You simply don't have enough points in the tree to be able to hold your own efficiently without down time.

With that said, the best leveling builds I found were:

1-20 - Primary - Ranger/Secondary - Assassin/ 0 Points Riftstalker.
    20-36 - Primary Assassin/Secondary - Nightblade (Only up to 8 points) / 0 points Riftstalker
    36+ - 26 Points in Riftstalker / 32 Points in Assassin / 8 points in Nightblade (AFTER your 26 points in Rift stalker and at least 28 points in Assassin.

When using the Riftstalker/Sin build you generally will open with Paralyzing Strike > Shadow Assault > Puncture > Final Blow > Rift Disturbance. That line up will drop about 90% of the mobs you fight.

I've been cheating a bit and trying to run this spec a little early at 33, and I can make it work, but it feels really broken with the bug that pulls you out of stealth when you plane shift while specced into Ruthless stalker / rift barrier. Anyways I can pretty regularly land Final Blow Crits on level 33-35 mobs for 700-1k depending on the mobs armor. Which is pretty on par with my Assassin/Nightblade build, except that it crits way more often.

Hope that helps.

Good luck

Oh,

Also.

PVPing without Riftstalker as a melee soul is suicide. Mobility is the most important thing in this game.
    26-RS/32-Assassin is an AMAZING pvp spec. Add in 8 points in NB for Lost Soul / Combo/Finisher damage and you have a truly monstrous build.
    Last edited by Khroul; 03-01-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Khroul

Khroul,
    I appreciate the build info you dropped... but in my ignorance I'm confused by the format. Specifically the numbers to the left of your build recommendation (e.g., 36- + 26)

Are the numbers to the left the levels or the amount of points spent? What's w ith the plus/minus? Could you link some of these sicknasty builds?

Legit.

Soulwalker

Great guide guys, Ive been rolling out with Bard/Maks/Ranger.

Fantastic for solo, fantastic for rift hunting, and good support/dps.

Having said this Ive unlocked all my Melee Souls. Time to make my melee build.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardswrath View Post
    Khroul,
    I appreciate the build info you dropped... but in my ignorance I'm confused by the format. Specifically the numbers to the left of your build recommendation (e.g., 36- + 26)

Are the numbers to the left the levels or the amount of points spent? What's w ith the plus/minus? Could you link some of these sicknasty builds?

Legit.
    The numbers on the left are level ranges, Numbers attached to Souls are the number of points in each soul.

Here is my Assassin / NB / RS Build --
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Akf0ofodbo.V0h

This is my intended level 50 PVP / Questing spec - Riftblade / Assasssin / Nightblade
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ARf0ofodbo.V0h

This is the build I intend to run at 37 -- Riftstalker / Assassin / Bladedancer (Sidesteps is beastly in PVP)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qb0k.oAof0ofoz
    Last edited by Khroul; 03-01-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Wish I had seen this before.

I started leveling as melee from day 1 and it takes forever. It's like said above: you just don't have the points at lower levels to make it particularly worth it.
    I'm 16 now, snagging my other souls. I'll probably hit up ranger until I'm around 25 where I'll have a good amount of points to really make the AoE melee grind work.

Izziebytes.Net

Major Geekdom Blog

Soulwalker

so is BD/SIN/RS viable 4 pvp? if so,where would i want 2 allocate my points 4 max effectiveness? i will figure personal playstyle from there.

The biggest thing is to remember what damage buffs you have.

It's a lot to do with rotation.

As a RS/Sin/NB, here are some of the buffs you can gain with proper rotation.

Paralyzing Strike - Procs Cloak and Dagger (15% Damage) (Also Allows you to attack from behind, which increases damage on Final Blow, Puncture by 15%)
    Shadow Assault - Procs Rift Guard (15% damage mitigation) Ruthless Stalker (15% Crit) Stalker Phase (15% Damage)

That's 45% damage +15% Crit chance that you gain from proper rotation.
    Add in the passive bonus's from your spec, and you can imagine the kind of numbers that are flying around.

Additional food for thought, for level 50's.

At 50 you'll have Slip Away as well.
    So you can do this
    Paralyzing Strike > Shadow Assault > Slip Away > Assassinate > Final Blow.

This would give your Assassinate All of the previous listed damage buffs, pluss the 15% from Cloak and Dagger, which normally doesn't apply until after you use an opener.

In Beta 7 I was level 39, running RS/Assassin, and I can say that it was the first time playing a Melee soul felt Viable in PVP in Rifts. I really just hope they fix the bug with the Plane shift buffs pulling rogues out of stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Neex View Post
    so is BD/SIN/RS viable 4 pvp? if so,where would i want 2 allocate my points 4 max effectiveness? i will figure personal playstyle from there.
    Yeah, you can forgo NB for BD. I like NB for Lost Hope + the extra damage. But Blade Dancer is a good choice too. You really don't even need any points in the tree either. Get your 26 in RS, and I would max the Assassin tree before putting points into BD, but that's just me. There is a charge on a 15 second CD in the BD tree which would give you yet another gap closer in PVP. (RS has Shadow Shift, Shadow Warp, Shadow Blitz, Shadow Stalk, Shadow Assault all on separate 30 second CD's if specced into) It's really up to you.

Personally I just feel that 26 in RS is almost mandatory for an enjoyable melee spec. That's just me though. Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread