+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beta 7 Changes & Your Build

Telaran

Default Beta 7 Changes & Your Build

Noticed that ZAM has updated the Soul Trees with some changes, that I only assume will be live in the Beta starting tomorrow.

I was planning my 50 build to be, MM (36) / Assn (22) / Ranger (8). But if these changes are in fact true, I am really going to have to consider going (51) into Marksmen, which is going to be really tough to give up several abilities in my other souls.

Is this going to change any others proposed builds in a big way?

I am sure they updated other souls as well, http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

Soulwalker

I can see what you mean but that sniper's pedistal is really only good for PVE. In PVP you won't ever stand on one spot for long.
    l
    So use the 51 MM spec in PVE and use the spec with more utilities for PVP. But now the leap backwards skill requires 40 points and that could be good to get. But then you can't have 22 points in assassin for imp stealth and stun and also pick up the snare shot from ranger with 6 points. So ye there you have to chose.

Champion of Telara

My Ranger/MM/NB build is going to have to divest some from MM (probably the chance to do bonus Air damage talent) into Ranger because of King of the Jungle.

My Bard/NB/BD build is untouched.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Sniper's Pedestal is a terrible terrible change.

Having to spect so heavily in PvP skills (9 to 14 points) to get a "most-have" PvE skill is ******ed.

Other than that, I don't really have a build until the head-start.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Raaka View Post
    I can see what you mean but that sniper's pedistal is really only good for PVE. In PVP you won't ever stand on one spot for long.
    l
    So use the 51 MM spec in PVE and use the spec with more utilities for PVP. But now the leap backwards skill requires 40 points and that could be good to get. But then you can't have 22 points in assassin for imp stealth and stun and also pick up the snare shot from ranger with 6 points. So ye there you have to chose.
    I love PvP, but my main focus at 50 will be PvE. Many of the Assassin skills I had were damager modifiers....yes some were CC, which are more situational for PvE, but still very useful. I guess I will have to see if the Assassin Damage modifiers will outweigh the Snipers Pedestal or vice versa. The pedestal is also somewhat situational, in that it will have very little value when dealing with encounters that require a lot of movement.

Does the site include a changelog or do we stumble over the changes when we use the calculator?
    Harlequin

Oceanic Gaming Community

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Glorion View Post
    Does the site include a changelog or do we stumble over the changes when we use the calculator?
    I havent seen a change log, but you might be able to get some more info here, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Rift+7+Beta+Patch+Notes

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    Sniper's Pedestal is a terrible terrible change.

Having to spect so heavily in PvP skills (9 to 14 points) to get a "most-have" PvE skill is ******ed.

Other than that, I don't really have a build until the head-start.
    So you'd rather have an OP PvE build? They need to balance these things.

There's a reason why you got to invest so heavily in Marksmen to get it. It's because it's a powerful ability. 25% is the rank 1 ability. We don't even know if there are several more ranks. For all we know the Rank 2 ability can be 30-35% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Napper
    I havent seen a change log, but you might be able to get some more info here, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Rift+7+Beta+Patch+Notes
    Smart ***, Ive already seen that Spanish site, 3-4 days ago now. Interesting thing about games are, stuff may change on a daily schedule, using 4 day old LEAKED notes is not nearly the same as anything official, or more recent.
    Harlequin

Oceanic Gaming Community

Default changes...

Anyone notice that serrated blades now says melee weapons? I wonder if that is true or if it still works with ranged like in B6.

Ascendant

The bladedanver/ranger/sin build im tossing around got a lot better.

Soulwalker

Smart ***, Ive already seen that Spanish site, 3-4 days ago now. Interesting thing about games are, stuff may change on a daily schedule, using 4 day old LEAKED notes is not nearly the same as anything official, or more recent.
    And he should know that you've seen that site because... ?

Learn some manners.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoCobra
    And he should know that you've seen that site because... ?

Learn some manners.
    Maybe you should click the link. He was being condescending, hence the reaction.
    Harlequin

Oceanic Gaming Community

Telaran

Sorry, couldn't resist, but I also didn't want to post a link right to the page. You're right, they may change, but considering that ZAM waited until today to make the changes to their soul calculators makes me believe most of these will be sticking.
    Last edited by Napper; 02-14-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Alas, I find the changes not too exciting so I'm clinging to the hope that there will be more, or different ones.
    Harlequin

Oceanic Gaming Community

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast