+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard question on world PVP

Default Bard question on world PVP

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape or form advocating, suggesting, implying or requesting that PVP be balanced 1vs1.

That out of the way, how do people feel a Bard solo will do if attacked by a high DPS class? With our constant but aoe centered healing, multitude of buffs that require a GCD and I believe lower DPS will our survivability be good for those chance meetings with the other faction?

20% movement speed buff, virtuoso, and coda of wrath, is a good way to tell a potential ganker they shouldn't aught to have done that.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    20% movement speed buff, virtuoso, and coda of wrath, is a good way to tell a potential ganker they shouldn't aught to have done that.
    Yup. Riff + Virtuoso + Coda of Wrath/Restoration = things get dropped
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Bards do very well 1v1. I have RS and Sab as my 2 other souls which gives me plenty of options to create room when confronted by melee and RS with bubbles plus self heals allows you to survive burst ranged classes. Bards ftw imo.

-Yevon

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    Yup. Riff + Virtuoso + Coda of Wrath/Restoration = things get dropped
    I've blown up a few would be gankers with this.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yevon View Post
    Bards do very well 1v1. I have RS and Sab as my 2 other souls which gives me plenty of options to create room when confronted by melee and RS with bubbles plus self heals allows you to survive burst ranged classes. Bards ftw imo.

Riftstalkers bubble got nerfed Riftstalker changes

Check out these changes in the tree..

Improved Rift Guard: Changed from a 3 point ability to 1. Increases the incoming damage absorbed by Rift Guard by 2.5%, and total amount it can absorb by 25%. For every point spent in Riftstalker above 16, the incoming damage absorbed is increased by 0.5% and the total amount absorbed by 5%.
    Last edited by AvdielZion; 02-14-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Telaran

Like others have stated, as long as your Vituoso and Riff are not on cool down, you can probably survive all but the greatest burst dps classes. You get 15 secs to spam Coda of Restoration and Coda of Wrath with 5 combo points. That is not a good combination for any class to go up against.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fhealing View Post
    Like others have stated, as long as your Vituoso and Riff are not on cool down, you can probably survive all but the greatest burst dps classes. You get 15 secs to spam Coda of Restoration and Coda of Wrath with 5 combo points. That is not a good combination for any class to go up against.
    So, lets say you put 21 points in Assassin for the Imp stealth and enough points in Bard for Riff and Vituoso. Would that be able to drop most classes in world PvP if your waiting in stealth then pounce on random class? Maybe add some points in NB. I understand these skills have cool downs. Just theory craft. And yes I'm new. I just pre-ordered.
    Last edited by Jahat; 02-14-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jahat View Post
    So, lets say you put 21 points in Assassin for the Imp stealth and enough points in Bard for Riff and Vituoso. Would that be able to drop most classes in world PvP if your waiting in stealth then pounce on random class? Maybe add some points in NB. I understand these skills have cool downs. Just theory craft. And yes I'm new. I just pre-ordered.
    Why would you go pretty deep into assassin but use your bard to do the damage? Assassin will do more damage than bard, maybe excluding using the riff combo.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Katana622 View Post
    Why would you go pretty deep into assassin but use your bard to do the damage? Assassin will do more damage than bard, maybe excluding using the riff combo.
    I agree 100% I was just wondering if you could kill most equal level classes with the Riff + Virtuoso + Coda of Wrath combo in 15 sec.

I got my bard to lvl 34 and and did some world pvp. It's true, Riff+Virtuoso +Wrath will burn anyone, but after that, good luck.

Hopefully at higher lvls with more points in a secondary we can fair a little better.

Telaran

It all depends on your souls. You need to go at least 24 Bard to have decent healing.

You need at least 14-16 in NB/Assassin/whatever to do medium damage

You need to create space to cadence with Rift or MM or whatever. Cadence damage/heal/combo generation is significant in any fight. But it won't keep you up if you can't kite.

On paper, I like 26 Bard, 26 Rift, 14 NB for a combination of damage, CC, defense and heals.

Going 34 bard, 16, 14 trades some defense and anti-cc for the amazing 3-minute ability and on-demand incapacitate

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Spifnar View Post

On paper, I like 26 Bard, 26 Rift, 14 NB for a combination of damage, CC, defense and heals.

Going 34 bard, 16, 14 trades some defense and anti-cc for the amazing 3-minute ability and on-demand incapacitate

Wouldnt Sab be better for the 0 point snare?
    Last edited by AvdielZion; 02-14-2011 at 08:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread