+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: is this build good for soloing and questing

Default is this build good for soloing and questing

hey guys i just wanted to see if this build i made is good for fast questing and little of dungeons. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dbo.VG0Ixqbozk am also thinking of switching ranger for blade-dancer but not sure i think the pet will help me a lot please help me out....oh if you guys have any other builds please post them here so i can have a look at them thanks

Keep in mind that pet will never be able to go past lvl 30

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Keep in mind that pet will never be able to go past lvl 30
    oh really why?? so then blade-dancer will be better??

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't followed/messed with the ranger soul in awhile; but if you put zero points in it, isn't the max level of the pet only 5? Check the root abilities on the bottom, and it tells you the max level of the pets you've opened up.
    Last edited by Nevron; 02-14-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't followed/messed with the ranger soul in awhile; but if you put zero points in it, isn't the max level of the pet only 5? Check the root abilities on the bottom, and it tells you the max level of the pets you've opened up.
    that is only the first rank of the pet the razorback goes to 30 when you get the greater razorback to replace it

Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    wow ur right that so lame lol i guess i will have to look for a better 3rd soul...thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by drizzet View Post
    that is only the first rank of the pet the razorback goes to 30 when you get the greater razorback to replace it
    and at what level do i get the greater razorback?

Quote Originally Posted by icevain View Post
    and at what level do i get the greater razorback?
    you get it after spending 24 points in the ranger soul

Rift Chaser

wow ur right that so lame lol i guess i will have to look for a better 3rd soul...thanks bro
    I would do the opposite of that statement for solo PVE/questing

Don't drop ranger.. just invest more heavily into it so the pet is viable and an asset.

No the original ranger pet goes up to lvl 30. You can train in the skill at the local rogue trainer.

However, you can not train in the original pet post 30 so it is capped at that level. Like someone above mentioned you will need to go deeper into ranger for an upgraded pet.

oh ok thanks for those tips..so the build is good for lvling?? no one has said yes or no lol

Soulwalker

The build has a lot of kind of useless stuff, for instance, you have Backstab and Improved Savage Strike etc.
    ( Good luck using Backstab on PvE Mobs that hit you! :P )
    Maybe this, for the soul combination you listed
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ozzo.V0xIxobRo

Personally, for solo PvE I'd go with something like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b.VMcf0eoc0q.V

It will work until 31-32 and you will start running into problems. What kind of class are you looking to play here. One with more ranged abilities with a few melee skills incase you get in trouble, or a melee heavy with some range just incase they get some separation?

Plane Touched

hey guys i just wanted to see if this build i made is good for fast questing and little of dungeons. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dbo.VG0Ixqbozk am also thinking of switching ranger for blade-dancer but not sure i think the pet will help me a lot please help me out....oh if you guys have any other builds please post them here so i can have a look at them thanks
    Your build is for level 50, so your goal for this build is for dungeons / solo questing at level 50? or are you looking for a build for leveling?

Here are my opinions, what i used to level / quest in beta http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rfx0bod0R.VMLh

This is my opinion for level 50 questing solo / decent dungeon dps http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0R.VGxh.VV0V0o
    Mainspec - Casual melter - Hardcore PvP rogue
    -- Guild Unstable --
    www.Unstablerift.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    It will work until 31-32 and you will start running into problems. What kind of class are you looking to play here. One with more ranged abilities with a few melee skills incase you get in trouble, or a melee heavy with some range just incase they get some separation?
    i really don't know much about rift only played beta 6 for like 2hrs max i guess am still thinking of WoW rogue lol..the class i want is like a rogue on wow a dps machine so any combination of soul that would make me kill **** fast and stuff like that is what am looking for i never played a game with so many combination before lol
    Last edited by icevain; 02-14-2011 at 12:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast