+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about bard and weapon enchants

Telaran

Default Question about bard and weapon enchants

Ok, i know bards use weapons, and to some extent those weapons effect the bards abilities. albeit not as much as they should. I was curious about things like hellfire blades and poisons and such. Do bards benefit from this at all? Do i have a chance to proc them with any of my abilities?

And for that matter, when a nightblade, or even a ranger or marksman, uses a ranged attack/spell, can things like hellfire blades proc?

Also, are bard abilities considered ranged attacks or spells? Just wondering if Keen eye off marksman increases the range of bard abilities. Or if anything off marksman or ranger that passively effects ranged attacks also effects bard abilities.

I was just looking at set ups with nightblade and ranger. And I was just wondering it it was worth taking melted skin, or if none of my abilities would proc it, and id just have to run in and whack someone to make it work.

And do nightblade ranged abilities proc hellfire blades? Do MM and Ranger abilities?

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Kellindell; 02-14-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Rift Disciple

In answer to all your questions - We don't really know.

Different people have tried some testing and where one person get's a set of answers, someone else get's something different.

What is know to work -
    Soul Talents that effect combo points, finishers, or attack power do work. Soul talents that work with just a weapon slot is unknown.

Spell Power work (in Beta 6) on Bards song as the songs do both Weapon+Life (spell damage). So the spell powered worked with the Life damage. Now if spell power still works in Beta 7 is unknown. Is one of the things Bards wanted to see changed.

I'm really waiting till this Beta 7 to see some serious testing done on the Bard. Couple factors to help out with this testing - Higher levels (more soul points) and better gear to swap in and out and try. Giving the Bard testers a bigger random number range to play with and try to figure stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
    Ok, i know bards use weapons, and to some extent those weapons effect the bards abilities. albeit not as much as they should. I was curious about things like hellfire blades and poisons and such. Do bards benefit from this at all? Do i have a chance to proc them with any of my abilities?

And for that matter, when a nightblade, or even a ranger or marksman, uses a ranged attack/spell, can things like hellfire blades proc?

Also, are bard abilities considered ranged attacks or spells? Just wondering if Keen eye off marksman increases the range of bard abilities. Or if anything off marksman or ranger that passively effects ranged attacks also effects bard abilities.

I was just looking at set ups with nightblade and ranger. And I was just wondering it it was worth taking melted skin, or if none of my abilities would proc it, and id just have to run in and whack someone to make it work.

And do nightblade ranged abilities proc hellfire blades? Do MM and Ranger abilities?

Thanks for your time.
    Bards abilities are spells and I've never seen one proc a weapon enchant. If you want to boost things like Cadence you need to look at NB's 15% CP builder damage and 9% non-physical damage talents.

MM/Ranger abilties do proc hellfire blades.

+ Reply to Thread