+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 points sab, only viable sab setup?

Telaran

Default 51 points sab, only viable sab setup?

i'm talking here strictly pvp premade vs premade, not button mashing warfront pugs.

since charges can be easily dispelled and there's a a 10s c/d dispel that periodically removes poison, 51 points sab for rapid setup is the only option left to actually contribute to spiking down someone?

Rapid Setup
    No Cost
    Instant
    Cooldown: 60.00 Seconds
    When activated, the next Charge ability attaches 5 Charges and adds 5 Combo Points to the enemy.
    Requires: 51 Points Spent in Saboteur
    Requires: Level 50

discuss.

Plane Touched

It'll be useful, for sure, but it's not the only viable setup.

Charge + Detonate is a big damage spike. There is no easy way to heal that. Instead, the Healer needs to cleanse the charges before they detonate. It's no different than a Healer spamming heals on an Assassin's target. The difference is that now the Healer has to choose to be pro-active vs reactive. If you really think about it, those cleanses are basically a heal. They are healing the damage before it is done.

Still, a good Sab will be able to effectively use their Bombs and Traps as well, you know. the rest of their arsenal. If a Sab is only relying on the Charge+Detonate mechanic, then they are not only a bad Sab, but a bad player.

Soulwalker

It's definitely not the only viable setup :P
    What's the name of the spell that removes Poisons specifically?
    + For all the other cleanses, cover your debuffs, it's really easy ^^
    You could slap >ONE< Charge on one person ( Healer with Poison-Specific cleanse ), get them to waste that 10s cooldown, then blow someone else up.
    There really is so many ways around getting your charges Cleansed, especially with all the stuns/silences/debuffs ingame.

Telaran

51 pints seems best tactical build. sure u can charge up on sum1, trick the healer than insta 5 charge another person and detonate. could be useful in dual spiking.

about traps/landmines, these are mainly defensive anti-melee. u're not gonna go frontline using then as an offensive tactic.

Soulwalker

It's personal preference. The 51 point is a good build, I won't deny it, but it's not the ONLY or the BEST build.
    And, you can go front lines as a Saboteur, easily. It would also mean anything with Stealth has a harder time reaching you
    ( If you're in the back lines as a Saboteur with low survivability, and an Assassin comes, you have nobody to protect you )
    Traps can be used offensively. Land Mines, for example. Put them behind the enemy team, and watch them be bounced toward your dps
    Last edited by Noxxy; 02-14-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Rift Master

Remember that cleanses only remove 1 charge per clense (all but the 45 second CD ones) and take 4% of the clerics mana. So...

imo if you go for 51pts/build you get a load of uselless/pve skills along and you bypass good synergy of some subsouls and especially of the pvp tree.
    rogue for life

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by sind View Post
    51 pints seems best tactical build. sure u can charge up on sum1, trick the healer than insta 5 charge another person and detonate. could be useful in dual spiking.

about traps/landmines, these are mainly defensive anti-melee. u're not gonna go frontline using then as an offensive tactic.
    51 point just gives you another option. Just as Chem Bomb is an option, or Land Mines is an option, or Carpet Bombing is an option. Why would you not drop Traps or Mines in combat!? Debilitating/Booby Trap and Land Mines are great tools for the Sab, why limit their use?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Remember that cleanses only remove 1 charge per clense (all but the 45 second CD ones) and take 4% of the clerics mana. So...
    New patch note:

Blast Charge: Has been renamed to Drain Cleric Mana

I considered 51 point Sab for a while, but you have zero defensive abilities. If a melee gets up in your sh!t, you're toast. It's better to sub Marksman for some runspeed/extra root/CC break.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Rift Disciple

Default no

all my love goes to:

Saboteur 28 / Nightblade 10 / Bladedancer 28

Sabo is main

one pvp role
    one pve role

with some slight but significant variations while pvp or pve

Quote Originally Posted by ennea View Post
    imo if you go for 51pts/build you get a load of uselless/pve skills along and you bypass good synergy of some subsouls and especially of the pvp tree.
    this, i wouldnt put more than 40 points in sab since that is all u need for pvp, the infiltrator tree however i would max the crap out of!

Rift Disciple

IMO, there are really only a couple of situations where the cleanse abilities are going to hurt us.

1. A 1v1 fight with a Warden who has the cleanse that removes all poisons at once.

2. If Trion ever allows addons and someone copies the old WoW addon that Paladins used to use to cleanse in raids. I can't remember the name of it since it's been years ago for me.

Otherwise PvP is just too chaotic for a healer to do much of anything besides heal. They'll be concentrating on the damage that is more immediately visible. Not the Sab's spike damage.

The single target cleanse abilities seem to eat a fair amount of mana. So if you run into someone that wants to trade every charge for a cleanse then that's probably a fair trade off.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brugdor View Post
    Otherwise PvP is just too chaotic for a healer to do much of anything besides heal. They'll be concentrating on the damage that is more immediately visible. Not the Sab's spike damage.

The single target cleanse abilities seem to eat a fair amount of mana. So if you run into someone that wants to trade every charge for a cleanse then that's probably a fair trade off.
    This is what I'm seeing so far in OB as a 20's PUWarfronter... I hope it continues.

+ Reply to Thread