+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86

Thread: Nightblade - what makes it "different"?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Nightblade - what makes it "different"?

    Beta 7 will my first look at rift and am thinking NB for a main with some riftstalker mixed in, but that's beside my main question. NB does look somewhat "weak" compared to the other melees, which should be expected. Do the elemental skills really do anything unique? To me, it just looks like the same stuff the other DPS rogues have, just watered down. I would have expected some mage-like stuff, like the Nightblade class in Oblivion. But this is not Oblivion, it is Rift.

    I saw the other NB thread and it's full of nit-picking about specific abilities and skills and in which order to mash buttons to max damage, so let's leave that there. I'm wondering from a more general perspective:

    What is unique about the "elemental" aspect of the NB which actually affects how you would play a NB? Or do people simply play a NB the same way they would play an assassin with the main difference being what the abilities are named?

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Fiasco3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    The nightblade is weaker than the other melee builds there's really nothing to look into to. It's exactly the way you see it.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Telal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    what i like about the nightblade is the mix of both melee and ranged abilities
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

  4. #4
    Telaran Mentalbroccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    63

    Default

    The first rule of the Nightblade is, you do not talk about the Nightblade.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Nightblades are terrible don't bother rolling one, only reason i am is because i like a challange.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Darkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalbroccoli View Post
    The first rule of the Nightblade is, you do not talk about the Nightblade.
    .................................................. .....................

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    its quite similar to assassin, with the difference that you don't always have to get into melee. You can start the fight from where a ranged stands and avoid some damage. On targets with high armor you do more damage then a melee rogue. You also have much much better aoe then assassins do.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Darkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzuke View Post
    Beta 7 will my first look at rift and am thinking NB for a main with some riftstalker mixed in, but that's beside my main question. NB does look somewhat "weak" compared to the other melees, which should be expected. Do the elemental skills really do anything unique? To me, it just looks like the same stuff the other DPS rogues have, just watered down. I would have expected some mage-like stuff, like the Nightblade class in Oblivion. But this is not Oblivion, it is Rift.

    I saw the other NB thread and it's full of nit-picking about specific abilities and skills and in which order to mash buttons to max damage, so let's leave that there. I'm wondering from a more general perspective:

    What is unique about the "elemental" aspect of the NB which actually affects how you would play a NB? Or do people simply play a NB the same way they would play an assassin with the main difference being what the abilities are named?
    Check out this vid if you wanna see a low lvl NB ripping

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAejw...eature=related
    Last edited by Darkhan1; 02-14-2011 at 09:25 AM.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Nightblade - what makes it "different"?

    As you can glean from the general information on the Rift website, Nightblades have a mix of range abilities that they can use, aside from just the melee abilities. Thus, they offer some additional flexibility over pure melee. The non-physical damage makes their damage more stable against all classes, but that's to be expected.

    The only real thing that makes NBs different is that there are certain ground rules. The first rule (otherwise referred to as "Rule #1") is to not discuss Nightblades. Yes?

  10. #10
    Telaran Mentalbroccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    The only real thing that makes NBs different is that there are certain ground rules. The first rule (otherwise referred to as "Rule #1") is to not discuss Nightblades. Yes?
    Exactly.

    /end thread

  11. #11
    Shadowlander Cazoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    rule #3: STOP TALKING ABOUT RULE #1 (or #2)

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Renley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    I don't see where the Nightblade is weaker than the other melee rogues. I actually think it's the best. Sure, it has low survivability, but it makes up in damage. In PvP, I believe it does better than assassins by far. Assassins, as well as the other melee, don't have much ranged, if any at all. This is where NB shines. With ranged nukes, dots, and snares, not to mention the deadly ranged finisher, the NB is a deadly force. Theres no getting away from one. On top of that, the healing reduction debuff it has is killer on clerics. Couple a NB with a rift, and you add survivability and more movement. Heck, for your 3rd, add in Blade for 50% dodge. Anyway. I guess its a point of view thing. Personally, I think the NB is the Riftblade of the rogues. Powerful, hard to get away from, etc. But shhhh. No talking about NBs! ;)

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    I don't see where the Nightblade is weaker than the other melee rogues. I actually think it's the best. Sure, it has low survivability, but it makes up in damage. In PvP, I believe it does better than assassins by far. Assassins, as well as the other melee, don't have much ranged, if any at all. This is where NB shines. With ranged nukes, dots, and snares, not to mention the deadly ranged finisher, the NB is a deadly force. Theres no getting away from one. On top of that, the healing reduction debuff it has is killer on clerics. Couple a NB with a rift, and you add survivability and more movement. Heck, for your 3rd, add in Blade for 50% dodge. Anyway. I guess its a point of view thing. Personally, I think the NB is the Riftblade of the rogues. Powerful, hard to get away from, etc. But shhhh. No talking about NBs! ;)
    trust us its weaker in every way.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Move along people, there is nothing to see here.
    omg lolol one does not simply walk into mordor

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Fiasco3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    I don't see where the Nightblade is weaker than the other melee rogues. I actually think it's the best. Sure, it has low survivability, but it makes up in damage. In PvP, I believe it does better than assassins by far. Assassins, as well as the other melee, don't have much ranged, if any at all. This is where NB shines. With ranged nukes, dots, and snares, not to mention the deadly ranged finisher, the NB is a deadly force. Theres no getting away from one. On top of that, the healing reduction debuff it has is killer on clerics. Couple a NB with a rift, and you add survivability and more movement. Heck, for your 3rd, add in Blade for 50% dodge. Anyway. I guess its a point of view thing. Personally, I think the NB is the Riftblade of the rogues. Powerful, hard to get away from, etc. But shhhh. No talking about NBs! ;)
    lol /10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts