+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur Poison Damage

Default Saboteur Poison Damage

From the latest patch notes:

* Saboteurís Charges are now considered Poison attacks and can be cleansed by abilities like Cauterize, Sterilize, Curative Waters, etc. if the caster is paying attention. As a result, the damage of Saboteur Charges can be increased by abilities that enhance poison damage (hint, hint).

My question is, this only affects Charges right? Yes, I know thats what it reads, but I was just wondering if Poison Potency in the Assassin tree would be worth going that far up for. +15% poison damage.

Any ideas?

Silos.

Rift Disciple

Yes.

"As a result, the damage of Saboteur Charges can be increased by abilities that enhance poison damage (hint, hint)."

Rift Disciple

no it is not

Rift Master

Yes it is. 31/18/17 sab/assasain/riftstalker. Just take the insane amounts of +crit damage and such then passive buffs, teleports and end buff out of rift. Its a stupidly strong build if sabs do similar damage (unbuffed) to what they do now its a silly powerful build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0VMMtc.E0x00M

For leveling , I'm afraid of not having a pet. By all means, I would like to get rid of the Ranger but I fear of my relatively squishy Sab taking excess melee damage =/

In theory, I would like to be able to just blow a mob up and move to the next, but I worry that without having a pet to hold some aggro, I will be kiting far too much and sometimes mob density makes it hard to accomplish this safely.

I leveled a Sab/Ranger/Assassin and really enjoyed having a pet take most of my damage although I realized that I only had spent like 8 points into Ranger with the rest of the soul empty. I didn't like having so much unused. So I made this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VMcxcb.V0xf0Vb

It substitutes Riftstalker for Ranger. I really liked all the synergies with Shadow Shift, in hopes that it will substitute the lack of pet. What do you think?
    Last edited by Silos; 02-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Yes it is. 31/18/17 sab/assasain/riftstalker. Just take the insane amounts of +crit damage and such then passive buffs, teleports and end buff out of rift. Its a stupidly strong build if sabs do similar damage (unbuffed) to what they do now its a silly powerful build.

wouldn't Infiltrator provide better modifiers than riftstalker? .. only need to go 15 points into infiltrator too really

theres obvious holes, but for ****s and grins pure modifiers

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcxcb.xx0M0c
    Last edited by Whompy; 02-14-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post

The OP was asking if going far enough in the assassin tree for poison potency was worth it and that build doesn't have poison potency. You have to ask yourself - is 18 points worth 15% increased charge damage?

Well compare it to Nightblade and Riftstalker at 18 points for damage and survivability here and decide which you would enjoy more for 18 points. Personally I wouldn't take Riftstalker myself (not enough survivability to out weigh the loss in damage by not going with one of the others). Either way though, going 18 points into any other tree will prevent you from getting Rapid Setup which may discourage some people from going either route (or from spending more than 15 points in Nightblade) but from my experience of instanced pvp without addons dispels will probably not be an issue. What healer is going to spend the entire BG looking at everyone's debuffs? Warfronts are not really about 1v1 so chances are the dispellers in question are going to have more on their mind then watching people's debuffs like hawks which they would need to. Takes about 7 seconds or so to get a full round of charges and don't forget you have an 8 second silence. I am curious to know as well if you can place charges on an incapacitated target since they do no damage when placed.

We will have to see though, they might change a few things around.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skow View Post
    The OP was asking if going far enough in the assassin tree for poison potency was worth it and that build doesn't have poison potency. You have to ask yourself - is 18 points worth 15% increased charge damage?

Well compare it to Nightblade and Riftstalker at 18 points for damage and survivability here and decide which you would enjoy more for 18 points. Personally I wouldn't take Riftstalker myself (not enough survivability to out weigh the loss in damage by not going with one of the others). Either way though, going 18 points into any other tree will prevent you from getting Rapid Setup which may discourage some people from going either route (or from spending more than 15 points in Nightblade) but from my experience of instanced pvp without addons dispels will probably not be an issue. What healer is going to spend the entire BG looking at everyone's debuffs? Warfronts are not really about 1v1 so chances are the dispellers in question are going to have more on their mind then watching people's debuffs like hawks which they would need to. Takes about 7 seconds or so to get a full round of charges and don't forget you have an 8 second silence. I am curious to know as well if you can place charges on an incapacitated target since they do no damage when placed.

We will have to see though, they might change a few things around.
    You can place charges on a incapacitated or otherwise CC'd target.

The silence remember is a Targeted : "Area" silence, like the adhesive bomb, so if they move out of it , no longer silenced.

I'm hard pressed to actually not go for the 15% poison dmg.. Im half tempted instead just to put points into bladedancer for 5% hit, 5% dodge, sprint, 15% dex,evasion and most importantly a ranged, non GCD interrupt that also silences, that's only on a 10 second CD.

Whereas Sin gives 5% crit,blind,30% speed and anti-detect while stealthed, and then 15% poison damage(just charges here, no increased on detonate), 20% crit dmg and perma stealth. one bad thing about this tree too is wasting 3 pts in the 2nd tier, so you can get to the 3rd tier.

A lot of choices, will have to see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silos View Post
    For leveling , I'm afraid of not having a pet. By all means, I would like to get rid of the Ranger but I fear of my relatively squishy Sab taking excess melee damage =/

In theory, I would like to be able to just blow a mob up and move to the next, but I worry that without having a pet to hold some aggro, I will be kiting far too much and sometimes mob density makes it hard to accomplish this safely.

I leveled a Sab/Ranger/Assassin and really enjoyed having a pet take most of my damage although I realized that I only had spent like 8 points into Ranger with the rest of the soul empty. I didn't like having so much unused. So I made this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VMcxcb.V0xf0Vb

It substitutes Riftstalker for Ranger. I really liked all the synergies with Shadow Shift, in hopes that it will substitute the lack of pet. What do you think?
    ranger is great...until you pass level 30. after that, the zero point pet doesn't level up anymore. it takes more damage, holds less hate, and proxy aggro's random mobs more often. if you manage to pick up crippling shot, use adhesive bomb, pick up land mines, and place the first charges using silent set up, you'll have no problems keeping the mobs off of you before you kill them.

Thank you Soull! That helped a ton.

Soulwalker

Hey, while i'm thinking about it, since a lot of the Saboteur's abilities reference weapon damage, we're working off of our Attack Power, right?

+ Reply to Thread