+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexterity, talking numbers

Default Dexterity, talking numbers

I see a lot of ideas for going 15% dexterity over x skill, and though I agree with it, I don't know why I do.

What are the numbers for dexterity? Is it known yet? What are the mathletes going off of to make them say "X skill over 15% dexterity."

For classes other than the sab, dps classes i guess i should specify more.

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    I see a lot of ideas for going 15% dexterity over x skill, and though I agree with it, I don't know why I do.

What are the numbers for dexterity? Is it known yet? What are the mathletes going off of to make them say "X skill over 15% dexterity."

For classes other than the sab, dps classes i guess i should specify more.
    The way i'm looking at it, is if it just happens to be in my build, then i'm gonna stack the **** out of it cause by level 50 +15% Dex will mean a lot.

Rift Disciple

At the moment we are limited by levels. 15 percent of 120 dex is not much of a bonus. But if we say get 400 dex at level 50 well 15 percent of 400 is quite a bit more interesting.

Pretty much the answer to your question is we don't know all the numbers yet. Low levels seem not to favor +dex though.

1 point Dexterity = 0.5 points to physical Critical Attack value
    1 point of Melee/Ranged Critical equals +0.41% chance to Critical Hit

1 point Dexterity = 1 point to Dodge value

1 point Dexterity = 0.4 points to Parry value

A rogue's base Attack Power is the sum of 50% Dexterity + 50% Strength.
    Last edited by Gasman; 02-14-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Unless there has been a change...

Dexterity:
    Physical Crit = 0.5 per dex
    Dodge = 1.0 per dex
    Parry = 0.4 per dex
    Attack Power = (DEX * 0.5) + (STR * 0.5)

So, going pure and massive dex while good for the defenses, might not be so good for the Attack power. In that it is typically easier to find +20 to 2 stats before finding +40 in a single one.

edit: Bah! Beat me to it Gasman lol
    Last edited by CyclopsSlayer; 02-14-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Rift Disciple

How long do you guys think it will be until Trion nerfs the dex bonus?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
    1 point Dexterity = 0.5 points to physical Critical Attack value
    1 point of Melee/Ranged Critical equals +0.41% chance to Critical Hit

1 point Dexterity = 1 point to Dodge value

1 point Dexterity = 0.4 points to Parry value

A rogue's base Attack Power is the sum of 50% Dexterity + 50% Strength.
    Sigh the unknown numbers are how high our dexterity gets at level 50.....

Plane Touched

Be aware that those 15% might be unstuffed and unbuffed ...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    Be aware that those 15% might be unstuffed and unbuffed ...
    i hope not. you can get +30% dex with saboteur and bladedancer

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    Unless there has been a change...

Dexterity:
    Physical Crit = 0.5 per dex
    Dodge = 1.0 per dex
    Parry = 0.4 per dex
    Attack Power = (DEX * 0.5) + (STR * 0.5)

So, going pure and massive dex while good for the defenses, might not be so good for the Attack power. In that it is typically easier to find +20 to 2 stats before finding +40 in a single one.

edit: Bah! Beat me to it Gasman lol
    That wiki is out of date (not sure why no one fixes it...) they rebalanced stats in... beta 2 ? I think. Let me see if I can find the change log. Here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by Amary
    * We have changed the contribution of stats to combat damage to make a wider variety of stats useful for all classes. We've also updated the stat values on many items. These updates generally reduce the amount of attack and spell power that items grant, while increasing the amount of melee and spell critical chance.
    * Combat stats are now calculated:
    - General:
    Parry is now 100% Strength.
    Dodge is still 100% Dexterity.
    Block is still 100% Strength.
    Melee Critical is now 100% Dexterity.
    Spell Critical is now 100% Intelligence.
    - Warrior:
    Attack Power is now 75% Strength, 25% Dexterity.
    - Rogue:
    Attack Power is now 50% Dexterity, 50% Strength.
    - Mage:
    Spell Power is now 50% Intelligence, 50% Wisdom.
    - Cleric:
    Spell Power is now 75% Wisdom, 25% Intelligence.
    For rogues, 1 point of Dex = .5 AP, 1 Physical Crit Rating, and 1 Dodge rating. I haven't really done the math on the ratings, they appear as though they may change in value as you level, and they may have some DR. But I haven't spent enough time looking at them to say for sure one way or the other.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyveth View Post
    At the moment we are limited by levels. 15 percent of 120 dex is not much of a bonus. But if we say get 400 dex at level 50 well 15 percent of 400 is quite a bit more interesting.
    math does not work like that.
    +15% is +15% is +15% no matter whats the numbers.

15% is always just as "interesting"

No doubt that 15% is 15% is 15%, but when comparing it to other options, what it is 15% of certainly matters.

15% of a higher value means that 15% is a higher value, and if that 15% bleeds over to other stats (like melee crit, dodge, parry) it can have a higher relative value than something that adds a flat gain to the value of those other stats (like +crit, +dodge).
    Last edited by Kyera; 02-14-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyK View Post
    math does not work like that.
    +15% is +15% is +15% no matter whats the numbers.

15% is always just as "interesting"
    Yes but the point is that +15% of something you have very little of can mean a fairly insignificant DPS (or for Tanks, Survivability) increase compared to many other things that do not scale so nicely. +15% is a very nice improvement for the stat, and one that will get better and better as we get larger and larger Dexterity pools, but in the end when comparing it to other skills and modifiers, what comes out on top will be the choice to nab.

Champion of Telara

But if we say get 400 dex at level 50 well 15 percent of 400 is quite a bit more interesting.
    Not really. The +% dex abilities are more potent with higher gear quality, not levels (it just happens that people will sink into their purples at level 50 more than at level 20). Keep in mind that the other contributors to DPS -- base ability damage, weapon damage -- will reduce Dexterity's relative effect. In addition, itemization at higher gear quality broadens to include +Attack Power and +Str rather than just +Dex. This again dilutes the effect of +% dex talents.

Arguing that +% dex will matter more at high levels just because you have more dex means you're analytically incompetent and should shut the **** up about theorycrafting in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    ... +15% of something you have very little of can mean a fairly insignificant DPS (or for Tanks, Survivability) increase compared to many other things that do not scale so nicely.
    If you do very very little damage +20% of that is exactly as valuable as to someone with uber damage.
    so i just dont see how you wont benefit from +15%dex at lower lvls just because the numbers are lower.

And overall, as Dex is our main stat, if 15% more of it would not be good, why ever get gear upgrades? getting a purple item instead of a green one will probably be much less then +15% and yet, everybody will spend hours obtaining epics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast