+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman/Assassin/Bard Build (The Stealthy Support DPS)

Shadowlander

Default Marksman/Assassin/Bard Build (The Stealthy Support DPS)

I have yet to play a rogue to high level or to even test this out at lower levels since beta is not quite up again but this is the build I've been thinking of. I really like the idea of popping in and out of stealth as a ranged DPS (probably not useful in pve, really but it's cool) and also being able to deal good DPS while using my spare points on supporting my allies since I should be in a safe position as a ranged DPS.

Not sure how it would go but in my head it seems like it could be quite fun. I'm sure it's hardly an ideal build but.. it's a game. Try and enjoy yourself.

I honestly think this has some good potential as a "fun" build that allows you to keep your ranged, while maintaining some group viability. My only issue being is that you're going to be "half dps - half support" and you're not going to be having the healing of a bard (which mainly comes through the damage cause via cadence as their combo builder), and you are going to do less damage than your typical MM. That being said, if you're group oriented and want to play with this, by all means.

I think you'd be surprised at how damaging a straight on bard can be though through cadence.
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith228 View Post
    rogues ran around shootin lightning bolts out of their nuts and clerics had chainsaws for arms

<Hammered> PvE/PvP-Defiant, EST. Semi-Hardcore.
    is recruiting.

Plane Touched

Sub out assassin for night blade. You can get stealth and sap with NB and alot more bard dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine13x7 View Post
    Sub out assassin for night blade. You can get stealth and sap with NB and alot more bard dmg.
    This would be better. Although I think both builds would suck /shrug

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    This would be better. Although I think both builds would suck /shrug
    How does that comment help the opening poster. Explain why his build would be bad, help with what some suggestions, but simply saying a build will suck doesn't help anyone.

How about we let him do the build so he can experience the amount of fail for himself

the idea of being able to do 2 things moderately well always sounds good but honestly its a waste of talents to not do full dps or full support

+ Reply to Thread