+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue back-stabber build? AKA Healer hunter?

Soulwalker

Default Rogue back-stabber build? AKA Healer hunter?

Back in World of Warhammer I played as a Witch elf, which was known as the 'Healer hunter' you'd sneak up behind enemy lines and spike their healer in a matter of seconds soon after slipping into the shadows again.
    So I went over the riftrolebuilder.com and I'm trying to come up with a similar thing for the rogue
    So far I haven't made much progress but I think I got a good idea of what roles to take -
    Now the base roles I thought about were -
    Assassin & Blade Dancer for the damage spikes and stealth bonuses.
    The third one is the one I'm debating about -
    Saboteur - For battlefield preparations and traps.
    Night blade - For additional stealth bonuses.
    Rift stalker - For the extreme mobility on the battlefield.
    Now I haven't played the game yet (Only heard of it recently) so I am not so familiar about skills/talents/feats and alike but as a former Warhammer and Warcraft player I think I have a clue of the basics.
    So if anyone can help me out here too create a good build to suit my wishes, I'd be more than thankful

The real list goes:

Saboteur: Back-loaded burst damage
    Assassin & Nightblade:Static DPS with some spikes with Finishers & procs
    Blade-dancer: Damage & survivability increased by buffsfor x duration of your wish, but after the buffs end, you're weak for y duration
    Marksman: Ranged DPS (static & burst)
    Ranger: Ranged DPS & Companion (weaker static & burst)
    Riftstalker: Durability, movement (The tank build)
    Bard: Support & some damage (Buff & healing bot)
    There is no real insta-gib by backstabbing build in this game, if you manage to drop anyone dead under 5 seconds, they have done something terribly wrong.
    Last edited by Catskills; 02-14-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Play to Crush.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DubMoonSide View Post
    Back in World of Warhammer I played as a Witch elf, which was known as the 'Healer hunter' you'd sneak up behind enemy lines and spike their healer in a matter of seconds soon after slipping into the shadows again.
    So I went over the riftrolebuilder.com and I'm trying to come up with a similar thing for the rogue
    So far I haven't made much progress but I think I got a good idea of what roles to take -
    Now the base roles I thought about were -
    Assassin & Blade Dancer for the damage spikes and stealth bonuses.
    The third one is the one I'm debating about -
    Saboteur - For battlefield preparations and traps.
    Night blade - For additional stealth bonuses.
    Rift stalker - For the extreme mobility on the battlefield.
    Now I haven't played the game yet (Only heard of it recently) so I am not so familiar about skills/talents/feats and alike but as a former Warhammer and Warcraft player I think I have a clue of the basics.
    So if anyone can help me out here too create a good build to suit my wishes, I'd be more than thankful
    Now I don't know for sure, but I think Sab would be your worst bet since laying down the traps would break your stealth. Could be wrong though.

Personally I'd go with Riftstalker so that you could get out of there once you killed someone.

Ideally you'd want your 3rd soul to complement your other two with the least number of points invested (often 0-4 points only). Riftstalker's Shadow Shift can help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Now I don't know for sure, but I think Sab would be your worst bet since laying down the traps would break your stealth. Could be wrong though.
    Stealth is broken -after- the trap is set. But if you really want to take the advantage of the traps, it requires heavy point investments.
    Play to Crush.

Soulwalker

Well I'm not claiming there should be an instant-stunlock-gank in less than 5 seconds even if you manage to grab the best target out there.
    I guess what I meant was -
    What build best suits that style of gameplay? Sneaking in behind grabbing the healer/mage and inflict as much damage as possible.
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...blade.50000050
    I made this - but without any game experience I can't say if it's any good (I based it on past mmo experience: P)
    Another one I thought of is this -
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...00020130005500
    Last but not least -
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...:nightblade.50 - So far this build made the most sense when it comes to hit and run - back stabbing - vanishing tactics with Riftstalker giving you the edge you need in order to either lock your target down or run when things go south. While I did not utilize Night blade as much I think this build is the best I can come up with while having no in-game experience.

Now take note that these builds are based solely on the Role builder's description, I hope I managed to squeeze the most out of them.
    Last edited by DubMoonSide; 02-14-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Soulwalker

Oh I just discovered there's an Infiltrator tree, missed that one, I guess Assasin & Rft Stalker & Infiltrator is the best for the kind of gameplay and strenght I seek to get from my toon, so I came up with a build and I wanted to hear some opinions about it ;o

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.Vc.V0xf0qbMz

Rift Master

Not sure why no one has said it yet ---> if you do not have a healing reduction ability in your build you will NOT be the healer killer.

Assassin doesn't really have a good healing reduction poison. Many who really want to be serious about pvp and killing mages and clerics have gone with the NightBlade as the primary soul.

This is because you get a poison (fire) proc to reduce healing by 50%. You also get really nice ranged moves for those who are kiting you. You also get really sweet burst moves (much better than assassin).

As far as i have seen Nightblade does MUCH better burst than the assassin. The assassin is more the melee dot rogue with all their bleeds. Assassins have a ton of bleeds. They also have the best stealth in the game. I can see how you would think that the best stealth is what you want... but i don't know if it is in this game.

I thought about nightblade + assassin ---> but i think that nightblade + bladedancer is much better.

Riftstalker got CHANGED in HUGE ways in the last leaked patch so i would hold off a bit to see about them.

As they where on the calc you where using though... you needed RIFT BARRIER and it wasn't in your build.

Assassins have been complaining that they absolutely CAN NOT kill healers. There have been reports of 2 to 3 assassins beating on a cleric and NOT killing them.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    Not sure why no one has said it yet ---> if you do not have a healing reduction ability in your build you will NOT be the healer killer.

Assassin doesn't really have a good healing reduction poison. Many who really want to be serious about pvp and killing mages and clerics have gone with the NightBlade as the primary soul.

This is because you get a poison (fire) proc to reduce healing by 50%. You also get really nice ranged moves for those who are kiting you. You also get really sweet burst moves (much better than assassin).

As far as i have seen Nightblade does MUCH better burst than the assassin. The assassin is more the melee dot rogue with all their bleeds. Assassins have a ton of bleeds. They also have the best stealth in the game. I can see how you would think that the best stealth is what you want... but i don't know if it is in this game.

I thought about nightblade + assassin ---> but i think that nightblade + bladedancer is much better.

Riftstalker got CHANGED in HUGE ways in the last leaked patch so i would hold off a bit to see about them.

As they where on the calc you where using though... you needed RIFT BARRIER and it wasn't in your build.

Assassins have been complaining that they absolutely CAN NOT kill healers. There have been reports of 2 to 3 assassins beating on a cleric and NOT killing them.
    Thank you for the detailed explenation -
    So Nightbalde + Blade dancer for the damage spikes and the 3rd soul should be either Rift stalker or Infiltrator, right?

Healer Hunter?

You're looking for a Voidknight.

Rift Disciple

You want to be a Stealthy Healer hunter?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tRhoxRoo.0A0rz

This build focuses on getting the raw damage and healing reduction from NB, Silent Footsteps and Blinding Powder from Sin, and the rest into Infiltrator that'll help with mana users and healers.

Another build is:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o..uARbtsfqdbo

I personally like this one more.

Yes, you don't have the healing reduction weapon enhancements from NS, but you have Anathema, and Cloudy poison + Debilitating Poison will slow down their casting speed (if they stack) easily enough. You'll have stuns and raw critical strike damage to take out the healers easily without a problem, not to mention a chance to strip their buffs, and interrupt them each time you use a finisher.

Then, after the deed is down, use Slip away to go back into stealth. Never to be seen again.

Ascendant

Time to kill is much longer in this so far than in warhammer going straight to the back lines and killing a healer with pistol whip torment spam and burn away lies in 4 seconds really probably isnt gonna hapen in this game at least not at level 35.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    Time to kill is much longer in this so far than in warhammer going straight to the back lines and killing a healer with pistol whip torment spam and burn away lies in 4 seconds really probably isnt gonna hapen in this game at least not at level 35.
    Well, in WH it didnt happen either until you got much higher ranks and much better gear.

Potential (at least for NB) is there. We just have to wait and see how they scale ;)

Shadowlander

Assassin is the soul people pick up to poison their arrows, it's not the WE by any means at all.

+ Reply to Thread