+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard/NB PvP Utility Build

Soulwalker

Default Bard/NB PvP Utility Build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ooo.Eczo0qskqz

This is the build I'm planning to play around with.

Its sort of a 'jack of all trades' PvPer- Picking up heals and buffs from the bard tree, while grabbing the passives, stealth, silence, and the healing debuff from the NB tree, with 0 points in BD for Sidesteps.

Essentially, the build is intended to be self sufficient, while also being able to fill a role in a pvp group- capable of going toe to toe in melee, or striking at enemies from range while healing and buffing allies.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Risiko; 02-13-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Risiko View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ooo.Eczo0qskqz

This is the build I'm planning to play around with.

Its sort of a 'jack of all trades' PvPer- Picking up heals and buffs from the bard tree, while grabbing the passives, stealth, silence, and the healing debuff from the NB tree, with 0 points in BD for Sidesteps.

Essentially, the build is intended to be self sufficient, while also being able to fill a role in a pvp group- capable of going toe to toe in melee, or striking at enemies from range while healing and buffing allies.

Any suggestions?
    It looks fun but I think you could essentially swap out Bladedancer for Riftstalker or Saboteur and get more or less the same general result. 50% dodge certainly helps if you're getting beat on - which I guess is part of your build since you went so far into Nightblade.

Looks like fun, you can still get some good group buffing/healing and you can actually do some decent damage it looks like. A bit too damage oriented for me but looks like it could be helpful. With your build I think you would be great at trying to shut down/assassinate the enemy healers or at the very least give them quite a headache.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Telaran

I think you would be better off pulling from Nightblade and putting more into bard. The thing about bard is, the more you are using your bard abilities the better. Especially when you turn your core ability into healing.

Also for a pvp build, id take street smart. Makes them miss more, and if they do hit, it makes them crit less. A good three points for pvp.

Also, id take street performer for anthem of competence. That kind of constant speed in pvp cant be beat.

You also take resonance, but dont take Talented composer. I would want to make sure i pass my healing and buffs off to as many people as I can.

I also think verse of vitality is one of your better heals. Verse of Joy is awesome as well, but limits your second and third souls by alot.

As far as bladedancer VS nightblade. Nightblade no question. Nightblade increases your combo point generators and finishers, as well as your non physical damage. This effectively increases all your bard damage, and healing. Much better then anything any other soul can give you.

I would do something like this.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...M.VIbqqqskqz.M

Gives you the teleport, all the key bard stuff, and all the damage increasers and a snare from NB. The extra points you can spend whereever youd like. Or shave off twilight force and imp twilight force and get verse of joy. But imp twilight force +teleport + 20% speed increase = good kiting when you need to.

This template could be used about anywhere couldnt it?...full bard, rest in NB. Then zero point in Sabo just for use as sticky bombs for slowin targets down.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...L0h.EIdqiqskqz
    Last edited by FloridaOkie; 02-14-2011 at 12:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread