+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wacky melee Bladeranger with a pet.

Ascendant

Default Wacky melee Bladeranger with a pet.

I loved playing the white lion in warhammer despite the extremely buggy pet mecahnincs mythic never got right but so far my pets have been spot on and responsive so im going to try a scaled down version this spec in open beta here is the planned 50 build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hsfu0oc0V.0V0c. With the bleed from serrated blades and quick shot when i need range maintaining the pet damage buff will be easy not to mention my crit chance will be astronomical with all the crit buffs and in beta 7 my pet gets a healthy chunk of my crit chance.

Im also getting the greater wolf and the heal debuff which non nightblade rogues really lack. I have my armor debuff and ranged snare and charge for people that kite as well as my ranger abilities. Dont get me wrong though this is a melee spec i want to avoid using my RDPS only the armor debuff will really be used on all my targets. headshot will be used once just to mainatain the 5% damage buff which lasts over a minute. I have everything that i feel is needed from blade dancer my melee will revolve around trhe 3 main BD combo point builders as well deadly strike with the reactional abilities mixed in.

I think this is a incredibly unique build using an unsung class in the blade dancer. and an unorthodox soul pairing with the ranger. I also think it will be very effective. After you are done flaming me for being me tell me what you think.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-13-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Ascendant

tell me how good me and my spec are.

Rift Disciple

On a scale of 1-10... I rate you and your build a bananna

Ascendant

Ok you dont have to believe me and thats fine but on my life my lvl 33 rogue in beta is named bananas.

Rift Disciple

lol thats awesome!

I think it would be very interesting to try out. You may find you might want to rotate the assassin out for another soul though like nightblade or bard (for more buffs for you and your pet).

I say try it out. I like the idea of a melee trickster running around with a pet attacking people. Remember, all you have to do is start owning face with it and then everybody will think your build is the best one.

Although I would sawp out piercing shot for opportunity and Hasten Call
    Last edited by Magnos; 02-13-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Urocyon View Post
    I think it would be very interesting to try out. You may find you might want to rotate the assassin out for another soul though like nightblade or bard (for more buffs for you and your pet).
    If i go for the NB ill gain 15% damage on combo point builders and 9% damage on finishers and ill only have 1 enchant. With assassin i get 2 poisons 10% crit and most importantly serrated blades which will keep my pet 15% damage when target has a bleed effect buff up nearly 100% of the time. Plus with assassin i can always stealth then assassinate for some quick big damage stealth opener.

Archers can have our stealth, I say we melee rogues can have their pets

Quote Originally Posted by Urocyon View Post
    lethal poison affects your pet, too so it helps with prey of the weak (edit: see below - and serrated blades for blood rage.)
    its a good spec.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    ...most importantly serrated blades which will keep my pet 15% damage when target has a bleed effect buff up nearly 100% of the time.
    maybe its better to take puncture for the allways on bleed and murderous intend for +4% physical damage.
    puncture is great (2CP) and all (well most) of your damage is physical.

EDIT2: oh, and you really want to take improved false blade for the parry buff, you really need to parry/dodge as much as possible as a BD (maybe take the points out of strike back?)

EDIT3 (this build really got me thinking...) if this is NOT a PvP spec, take out the top5 p of ranger and go deeper into BD. All the wolf gets is the healing reduction which is crap in PvE. maybe add trick shot for some rift AoE action so you stay at 26p for the +crit instinct.
    put the other 4p into improved false blade (2), dancing steel (1) and maybe 1 in blade hustle or more in there, it looks good!
    You then gain the autocrit rhytmic action for 32p.

that should outweigh the +dmg from putting less points into ranger, don't you think?
    Last edited by MightyK; 02-13-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MightyK View Post
    lethal poison affects your pet, too so it helps with prey of the weak and serrated blades for blood rage.
    its a good spec.
    This was exactly my thought. This is pretty much as much crit as 1 build can get or very close to it. Being able to maintain prey on the weak and blood rage through serrated blades is key.

Ascendant

lethal poison affects your pet, too so it helps with prey of the weak (edit: see below - and serrated blades for blood rage.)
    its a good spec.

EDIT:

maybe its better to take puncture for the allways on bleed and murderous intend for +4% physical damage.
    puncture is great (2CP) and all (well most) of your damage is physical
    Hmmm perhaps that would be better very good call didnt catch that. Would also make my already ridiculous combo point generation even more ridiculous puncture will probably out dps serrated blades to.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-13-2011 at 10:11 PM.

because my overediting is on page 1 i post it here again:

EDIT2: oh, and you really want to take improved false blade for the parry buff, you really need to parry/dodge as much as possible as a BD (maybe take the points out of strike back?)

EDIT3 (this build really got me thinking...) if this is NOT a PvP spec, take out the top5 p of ranger and go deeper into BD. All the wolf gets is the healing reduction which is crap in PvE. maybe add trick shot for some rift AoE action so you stay at 26p for the +crit instinct.
    put the other 4p into improved false blade (2), dancing steel (1) and maybe 1 in blade hustle or more in there, it looks good!
    You then gain the autocrit rhytmic action for 32p.

that should outweigh the +dmg from putting less points into ranger, don't you think?

Well, its unique, but mediocre at best. In addition you've gimped it with incorrect selections.
    Play to Crush.

Ascendant

because my overediting is on page 1 i post it here again:
    I agree with what you said honestly though id never take a pet into PVE this spec was purely intended for PVP. I disagree about getting the improved false blade though parry is increased by strength and since rogue gear is more Dex based than strength base i dont feel increasing my likely low parry chance will yield that great of returns if strike back worked on parries and dodges then maybe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast