+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ok PVE build?

Soulwalker

Default Ok PVE build?

Want assassin as my main role. Didn't quite do the dps I wanted during the last betas, but i figure it will be better come OB.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GARftsfqddR.V

Drop Sab and get Ranger for the pet / I would also grab Melted skin for 2 points.
    Looking for a Hardcore PvP / PvE Gaurd Guild - EST

Send me a PM!

Soulwalker

Will the pet do more for my dps then the extra dex? Dex seemed to add to quite a bit of my stats.

Plane Touched

Try to get Unstable State (NB) in there, as it will buff all of your poison damage (since it is considered water damage). Would also agree with ^that guy^ and say drop Sab for something else that will net you a better 0-point PvE ability (Adhesive is only good for Rifts, I haven't seen anything else PvE-wise that really benefited from it).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by diableedies View Post
    Will the pet do more for my dps then the extra dex? Dex seemed to add to quite a bit of my stats.
    In endgame content, the dexterity will be invariably better. Mostly because that pet's highest level at its highest rank will be 30, meaning it's completely and totally useless on a level 50+ target.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Try to get Unstable State (NB) in there, as it will buff all of your poison damage (since it is considered water damage). Would also agree with ^that guy^ and say drop Sab for something else that will net you a better 0-point PvE ability (Adhesive is only good for Rifts, I haven't seen anything else PvE-wise that really benefited from it).
    Look more closely at the build. He's specced for 15% dex in Sabo. That's a great bonus no matter what rogue spec you are, much, much better than an awful pet.
    Last edited by Deyadrin; 02-13-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Soulwalker

Well I'm not sure but i think unstable state applies to attacks according to the tootip. I don't think that it will add damage to a weapon enchantment. Once again the sab gives 15% Dex which increases a lot of my stats. I could get BD for hit or ranger for crit/hp.

Plane Touched

Well I'm not sure but i think unstable state applies to attacks according to the tootip. I don't think that it will add damage to a weapon enchantment. Once again the sab gives 15% Dex which increases a lot of my stats. I could get BD for hit or ranger for crit/hp.
    Unstable State buffs Caltrop Charge damage when detonated, which is listed as Earth Damage, so I would guess that it would also buff Assassin Poisons since they are all listed as Water Damage. Either way, this could be easily tested on Tuesday.

Soulwalker

Caltrop Charge is still a attack rather than an enchantment, but i agree tests can be done Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Drop Sab and get Ranger for the pet / I would also grab Melted skin for 2 points.

Melted skin for the 2 pts? I think since he spent the points on Poison Mastery and Poison Potency he is looking to use his assassin line poisons instead of Hellfire. However the advise to grab the ranger is somewhat viable just for the 5% crit increase. Makes Serpent Strike avail much more often.

Soulwalker

You make a good argument for increased usage rate of Serpent Strike. I guess come endgame I will just have to see whether 15% Dex or Serpent Strike crit spec does more dps zone wide

Telaran

5% crit is gonna be useless in good gear depending on how high you can get your crit from gear alone. Once you hit that magic number though adding more crit is not as valuable as straight damage buffs. I'm pretty sure in nice blue and purple gear at 50... 15% dex will give you close to if not more than 5% crit on top of what else it gives you. I would say try blade dancer for +5 hit, but that falls in the same boat as the crit.

Anyone parser any damage during beta? I curious about how much damage melee rogues do from auto attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roarnak View Post
    Melted skin for the 2 pts? I think since he spent the points on Poison Mastery and Poison Potency he is looking to use his assassin line poisons instead of Hellfire. However the advise to grab the ranger is somewhat viable just for the 5% crit increase. Makes Serpent Strike avail much more often.
    He can use one poison and melted skin. Melted skin is 5% damage on all damage. It outweighs the buffs to poison damage only.
    Last edited by Greatbape; 02-13-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Soulwalker

I really hate the vagueness of the descriptions. Takes 5% additional damage from what. The enchantment? All attacks? It just never seems crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbape View Post
    5% crit is gonna be useless in good gear depending on how high you can get your crit from gear alone. Once you hit that magic number though adding more crit is not as valuable as straight damage buffs. I'm pretty sure in nice blue and purple gear at 50... 15% dex will give you close to if not more than 5% crit on top of what else it gives you. I would say try blade dancer for +5 hit, but that falls in the same boat as the crit.

Anyone parser any damage during beta? I curious about how much damage melee rogues do from auto attacks.

He can use one poison and melted skin. Melted skin is 5% damage on all damage. It outweighs the buffs to poison damage only.

I beg to differ. He gets an extra 15% poison damage with a 30% chance of application of each poison. He will have no problems keeping his target poisoned at all times. Allowing more damage to come from his poisons then what Hell Fire and melted Skin can do combined. I believe there is another thread on this topic alone.

PS.... There is no such thing as to much crit chance when playing an assassin.
    Last edited by Roarnak; 02-13-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Soulwalker

I saw that DEX added to Crit as well though not on a 1:1 ratio.

Want assassin as my main role. Didn't quite do the dps I wanted during the last betas, but i figure it will be better come OB.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....GARftsfqddR.V

I would go for http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EMsbuxkozVz.V

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast