+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate my build ... Bladedancer / Assassin

Default Rate my build ... Bladedancer / Assassin

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zz.GhRbpocodbR

Basically looking for a "Monk" (from Vanguard) or barring that, a "Ninja" type character who can effectively solo and still be very effective in a group. Basically, something that deals a whole lot of damage quickly with a few tricks up their sleeves.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

I rate 0

Reason: you didn't pick a 3rd soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofaism View Post
    I rate 0

Reason: you didn't pick a 3rd soul.
    I was debating about that, and while a third soul would be interesting, I was of the mind to go further (in this case, all the way up) in two souls.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    I was debating about that, and while a third soul would be interesting, I was of the mind to go further (in this case, all the way up) in two souls.
    Problem, officer: You can still take any third soul of your choosing at get at least two free abilities without even having to put points in it.

A 3rd soul gives you extra ability, like adhesive bomb in sab, free pet in ranger, a motif in barb, shadow shift in rift stalker, and break free for infiltrator.

You would gimp yourself if you didn't take 3rd soul, you don't need to put points into it... but take something!

Quote Originally Posted by Sofaism View Post
    A 3rd soul gives you extra ability, like adhesive bomb in sab, free pet in ranger, a motif in barb, shadow shift in rift stalker, and break free for infiltrator.

You would gimp yourself if you didn't take 3rd soul, you don't need to put points into it... but take something!
    Good point.

After messing with it, I've come up with ...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zz.GhRbpocodbR

Thanks for the input.

Telaran

I was thinking something on the same line. This is what I came up with for a pure damage build I like 22 in sin tree, it covers all the basics, gives me good stealth capability, and crit dmg. I use bd to amp up the dmg in my auto attacks, up my hit chance, give myself a snare, and up my dmg even more after dodge, and then some energy regen. With nightblade I give myself fire dmg to stack with poison, (if that works) give myself some ranged attacks and a ranged snare, and then 15% dmg bonus to combo abilities and finishers.

I think this build should really kick out some damage. In theory, I could, with a crit assassinate, lets see, thats +100% dmg +crit dmg+20%, +150% bleed dmg over 6 seconds, 13 fire damage, 20 water damage, then +15% dmg as a combo ability, +4% for murderous intent, and then +10% damage over 10 seconds, with +50 dmg to auto attacks, and +4% to all damage. and a 1/5 chance to add both 20 and/0r 13 pts of dmg, dual wielding with very fast weapons, a 5% to hit bonus, and +5% to crit, and 3 different stuns in my arsenal, to set up my next backstab. A snare, and some fairly decent nukes if you try to run. An opening like that could end things real quick.
    Last edited by Stormchaser; 02-13-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Few problems:

1) As others mentioned, you should pick up a third soul for the 0 point skills. You'll find they do enhance your build when paired properly. I'd highly recommend Riftstalker for Shadow Shift.

2) Many of your points are going to be wasted due to choices in attacks. You have Blade and Fury (2/2) and Deadly Dance (3/3), which makes me think you are going to be using the Bladedancer attacks in your rotations. However, you have also invested in Improved Savage Strikes (2/2) and Improved Final Blow (3/3). It seems like you need to decide on which builders and finishers you want to focus on and free up 5 points. As it stands, it feels like you've wasted 5 points by making a conflicting build.

3) You have opted for all of the abilities in the Bladedancer tree that are activated by dodge/parry, yet you only put (1/2) in Improved False Blade and invested nothing in Quick Reflexes.

There are a few other things I might mention, but they are more influence by preference of playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolyai View Post
    Few problems:

1) As others mentioned, you should pick up a third soul for the 0 point skills. You'll find they do enhance your build when paired properly. I'd highly recommend Riftstalker for Shadow Shift.

2) Many of your points are going to be wasted due to choices in attacks. You have Blade and Fury (2/2) and Deadly Dance (3/3), which makes me think you are going to be using the Bladedancer attacks in your rotations. However, you have also invested in Improved Savage Strikes (2/2) and Improved Final Blow (3/3). It seems like you need to decide on which builders and finishers you want to focus on and free up 5 points. As it stands, it feels like you've wasted 5 points by making a conflicting build.

3) You have opted for all of the abilities in the Bladedancer tree that are activated by dodge/parry, yet you only put (1/2) in Improved False Blade and invested nothing in Quick Reflexes.

There are a few other things I might mention, but they are more influence by preference of playstyle.
    All excellent points.

I was trying to get more points into Assassin so I could get to skills like "Slip Away", "Backstab", "Improved Stealth", and "Advanced Flanking" and had to throw points in lower skills to get to those.

After messing around a bit more, I may go with nearly a pure Bladedancer with about 1/2 as many points in Assassin and adding a 3rd slot.

Thoughts on this one ... http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...AusRRGdz.GhRdz

If I only had 1 more point to throw into Assassin from somewhere, then I could have both "Backstab" and my highly desired "Blade and Soul Parity" ... Just wondering which one would be better????
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 02-13-2011 at 05:18 PM.

In my opinion, this is a horrible build, sorry.
    Here is a build I made that is similar to yours, but has better skill placements.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dz.MARft0boz0R

Quote Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
    In my opinion, this is a horrible build, sorry.
    Here is a build I made that is similar to yours, but has better skill placements.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dz.MARft0boz0R
    Interesting build, but a bit lacking on the Root Advancement side of things, which is where I was tending to go for the build. Not sure how much of a negative not having 51 points in one area to unlock the very bottom Root will be.

Thoughts?

Telaran

My question is... what is this build for. I think you should have one purpose in mind. You can have 4 different builds, so don't feel you have to cover pvp and pve in one build. As for solo grinding.. anything will do overall.
    Last edited by Greatbape; 02-13-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Interesting build, but a bit lacking on the Root Advancement side of things, which is where I was tending to go for the build. Not sure how much of a negative not having 51 points in one area to unlock the very bottom Root will be.

Thoughts?
    Based off of Alpha tests, builds w/ 51 point root skills do substantially less damage and DPS then hybrid builds.

Telaran

Here is Sin/BD/NB build I was looking at: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dA0oRRhdz.V0xM

+ Reply to Thread