+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 34 Marksman/27 Nightblade/5 Riftstalker PVP build

Default 34 Marksman/27 Nightblade/5 Riftstalker PVP build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...M.V.E0toqzVhzo

Would this be any good for single target pvp?

Seems like the Marksman abilities would do a lot of extra elemental damage with Smoldering Blades, Hellfire Blades, Heat Retention (+30% damage to finishers and + damage to non-physical damage), +9% non-physical damage, +3% physical damage, +30% enchantment damage, and +15% damage to starters and finishers from the Nightblade line.

Also, the Master archer ability (25% chance to do air damage) would be increased in damage as well.

Rift for the +15% attack power and teleport.

All together this seems like it would be a machine gun type of effect on attacks as the enemy would be getting hit by powerful procs left and right.

Plus you get stealth.

Any input would be nice.
    Last edited by Eldratch; 02-13-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    "Death is lighter than a feather. Duty is heavier than a mountain."

for 1v1 i think youll do ok against certain builds with this setup but in my honest opinion your spreading yourself too thin by trying to be good in both ranged AND melee. its a little too much to juggle with your energy reserves. if your looking to do this for a marksman build I also suggest that you need to have the utility. my suggestion is go all into supporting one or the other when it comes to melee and range. here is a build that I feel is going to be EXTREMELY effective in all 1v1, ganking, and group pvp situations if your looking to be a marksman.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EGtoqzhuzo.V0o

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ShankensteinUSN View Post
    for 1v1 i think youll do ok against certain builds with this setup but in my honest opinion your spreading yourself too thin by trying to be good in both ranged AND melee. its a little too much to juggle with your energy reserves. if your looking to do this for a marksman build I also suggest that you need to have the utility. my suggestion is go all into supporting one or the other when it comes to melee and range. here is a build that I feel is going to be EXTREMELY effective in all 1v1, ganking, and group pvp situations if your looking to be a marksman.

Well his investments in Nightblade are predominantly in passive abilities. The investments in skills are perhaps fillers to get the higher-tier passives.

Either way, It think it's better to have survivability with the Riftstalker, rather than the passive increases of the Nightblade.

Rift Master

I would fill out the ability that lets your shots proc extra air damage over the hit talent. I would also NOT take serrated blades (its preference)... the idea is that if you have them bleeding you CAN"T use your incapacitate when you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldratch View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...M.V.E0toqzVhzo

Would this be any good for single target pvp?

Seems like the Marksman abilities would do a lot of extra elemental damage with Smoldering Blades, Hellfire Blades, Heat Retention (+30% damage to finishers and + damage to non-physical damage), +9% non-physical damage, +3% physical damage, +30% enchantment damage, and +15% damage to starters and finishers from the Nightblade line.

Also, the Master archer ability (25% chance to do air damage) would be increased in damage as well.

Rift for the +15% attack power and teleport.

All together this seems like it would be a machine gun type of effect on attacks as the enemy would be getting hit by powerful procs left and right.

Plus you get stealth.

Any input would be nice.
    I think you're making a mistake stopping short of fell blades. There aren't too many ms effects for rogues, and that is easily the best of them.
    Success = survivability / time.
    Survivability = (health + mitigation + heals) / dps done to tank
    Time = target's total health / group dps

Shadowlander

Id have to agree about the stopping short of Fel Blades.

My tweak to the build is this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xRoM.V.E0toqzV

The idea is now you maximize more of your non-physical damage with the addition of scourge of darkness from NB... plus you get a 15 second incap ability too.

Rift Disciple

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0VMft0boz.V0o

Since Nightblades already have ranged DPS I prefer Assassin as 2nd and Ranger just for 5% crit and ranged snare. Just enough in the NB tree to get the "oh s***" button at 38, and leeching poison in assassin. The range isnt quite there but you can stealth to make up for it. Open with dark malody or assassinate if you are close and behind them. Then 4sec stuns and a blind to mix in. I'm not sure the 30% to weapon enchantments applies to Sin poisons... if not just have to use the NB ones.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-13-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    I would fill out the ability that lets your shots proc extra air damage over the hit talent. I would also NOT take serrated blades (its preference)... the idea is that if you have them bleeding you CAN"T use your incapacitate when you want.
    in my personal opinion investing the 5 points into getting your air procs isnt worth sacrificing anyy of the other abilities I have set up in this build because your not looking at THAT much of a dps increase with that ability. it merely does WEAPON damage as air damage which really isnt a whole lot more than just adding another poison proc. I COULD do it but at higher levels your really going to want that hit chance for players that can dodge and parry because very few end game items that have been revealed have increases to either and since their are a TON of classes that can increase their abilities to parry and dogde the idea is to counterbalance their build. or I could take from another class BUT id either be sacrificing my ranged snare and crit chance from the ranger line or a lot of utility and passive dps from assassin. also incapacitate can only be used when you are in stealth and they are out of combat. once your engaged with them incapacitate doesnt even come into play so having a bleed on them or not wont even matter.
    Last edited by ShankensteinUSN; 02-13-2011 at 11:54 PM.

in my personal opinion investing the 5 points into getting your air procs isnt worth sacrificing anyy of the other abilities I have set up in this build because your not looking at THAT much of a dps increase with that ability. it merely does WEAPON damage as air damage which really isnt a whole lot more than just adding another poison proc. I COULD do it but at higher levels your really going to want that hit chance for players that can dodge and parry because very few end game items that have been revealed have increases to either and since their are a TON of classes that can increase their abilities to parry and dogde the idea is to counterbalance their build. or I could take from another class BUT id either be sacrificing my ranged snare and crit chance from the ranger line or a lot of utility and passive dps from assassin. also incapacitate can only be used when you are in stealth and they are out of combat. once your engaged with them incapacitate doesnt even come into play so having a bleed on them or not wont even matter.
    Dark Containment.

+ Reply to Thread