+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 38 NB/22 Assassin/5 RS

Default 38 NB/22 Assassin/5 RS

How does this build look for solo world pvp?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...boz.VIt0G0tMss
    "Death is lighter than a feather. Duty is heavier than a mountain."

Soulwalker

Looks good. Maybe change Assassin to Bladedancer since Nightblade sorta of covers for the Assasisn.

Like this build im using. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...aLoks.jkdbz.xG

Rift Master

Pretty similar to what I will be using (also trying out a NB/Rift/Sab spec as well).

A couple things though.

Muderous Intent (+4% physical damage) sucks. You don't use much if any physical damage in this build. Get Cloak and Dagger instead so you can open with with Para Strike (4 sec stun + water damage), and nets you +15% damage and -15% damage taken for a bit. Much better.

Definitely get blinding powder for a pvp build. For 1 point... why not?

Primal Death is NB is not worth the points. If you are using Primal Strike (physical damage) you are doing it wrong. As you level up this skill gets more and more useless, so don't waste the points.

Definitely get Flame Thrust, no reason not to have it as a main NB, same with Ebon Fury. There is aboslutely 0 reason not to pick these up, and Dark Containment as well. Enkindle isn't that great IMO. It gives you an AoE dot basically off your aoe attacks, but your aoe attacks aren't even that great anyway (they are ok), and a little extra dot damage over 6 seconds. Its not terrible, but there are probably better ways to spend the points.

Here is what I'll be using

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...boz.VhtRGogRos

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilKitty View Post
    Looks good. Maybe change Assassin to Bladedancer since Nightblade sorta of covers for the Assasisn.

Like this build im using. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...aLoks.jkdbz.xG
    That's pretty much a completely different build. I wouldn't do it personally, but its an option. Basically you are trading DPS and CC for mobility, but if you want to make that trade, Rift is better then BD anyway. I'd go NB/Rift/Blade over NB/Blade/Rift.

Soulwalker

Foof you using that spec to level with also?

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Pretty similar to what I will be using (also trying out a NB/Rift/Sab spec as well).

A couple things though.

Muderous Intent (+4% physical damage) sucks. You don't use much if any physical damage in this build. Get Cloak and Dagger instead so you can open with with Para Strike (4 sec stun + water damage), and nets you +15% damage and -15% damage taken for a bit. Much better.

Primal Death is NB is not worth the points. If you are using Primal Strike (physical damage) you are doing it wrong. As you level up this skill gets more and more useless, so don't waste the points.

Definitely get Flame Thrust, no reason not to have it as a main NB, same with Ebon Fury. There is aboslutely 0 reason not to pick these up, and Dark Containment as well. Enkindle isn't that great IMO. It gives you an AoE dot basically off your aoe attacks, but your aoe attacks aren't even that great anyway (they are ok), and a little extra dot damage over 6 seconds. Its not terrible, but there are probably better ways to spend the points.

As a primary assassin with some NB originally for the 15% CP and FInishers I thought of using primal strike as the main frontal single combo point generator while soloing. Consider I was going around 35-40 into assassin so would have access to most of that tree that doesn't leave a whole lot for nightblade.

Also, looking at NB and Assassin, which skill/talent boosts would be better for a leveling build?? Assassin with points in Savage strike? Or NB with points in Primal Strike?? 10% crit vs extra death damage...
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post

A couple things though.

What weapon enchants will you be using? I would think Lethal Poison / Smoldering Blades would be good

+ Reply to Thread