+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This Build Makes me Want to Play rogue

Default This Build Makes me Want to Play rogue

Check this build out. I think its fun and dps heavy. With a lot of potential, both pvp and pve and raids -discuss

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rcz.iItRGqgRss
    Last edited by xcipher; 02-13-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Plane Touched

51 point skills are never worth it, you give up way too much utility, too many passives and are forced to waste points on garbage talents. A hybrid build will always beat out a 51 point build for sustainability and consistency. 51 point builds are merely for cheesing someone to death in a 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    51 point skills are never worth it, you give up way too much utility, too many passives and are forced to waste points on garbage talents. A hybrid build will always beat out a 51 point build for sustainability and consistency. 51 point builds are merely for cheesing someone to death in a 1v1.
    No this is a solid build, the dps is there, the tank pet to help out with even more dps and gets agro so you can get behind your target. Is it the best of the best of all rogue builds...probably not, but its a great build to have fun with and that is what is important.

Plane Walker

You invested two skills in Assassin which isn't all that good since you already invested 51 points in Nightblade - you have more than enough skills than your CD can cover. Better to reallocate those Assassin DPS points to passive.

Oh and you're wrong about ranger - that boar's max level is 30. Even if you invested 11 points into that boar, it would get destroyed by level 40s. Two hits by level 50 mobs for sure.

That mob is pretty useless, even in PvP. The damage is negligble (unless you invest in the higher level pets).

Better to add Sab, that gives a AOE slow.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    I assume you can only be talking about PvP because there are many souls where this isn't the case for PvE (riftblade/riftstalker/bard/shaman come to mind).

That being said... I don't think NB is one of those mandatory 51 pt classes and you might be able to squeeze out a bit more damage by adding points to another soul (Bladedancer for 5% hit and 2 more points in assassin for 20% crit damage increase seem pretty likely candidates).
    Last edited by gulain; 02-13-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by xcipher View Post
    No this is a solid build, the dps is there, the tank pet to help out with even more dps and gets agro so you can get behind your target. Is it the best of the best of all rogue builds...probably not, but its a great build to have fun with and that is what is important.
    No the pet will stop at level 30 with only 5 points in ranger. Also assassin is wasted if you don't get the 2 best dps increases in the tree. Cruel vengence and magnify pain.

51 points nightblade using 'Final Blow' as a finisher?
    Bajdovan - Rogue

good call on the boar only lasting till level 30. Any suggestions of modifying the build so you can keep a upgraded pet to level 50 and maintain the 51 points in NB?

Your right final blow isn't as good I shall modify.
    Last edited by xcipher; 02-13-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Plane Touched

good call on the boar only lasting till level 30. Any suggestions of modifying the build so you can keep a upgraded pet to level 50 and maintain the 51 points in NB?
    It's not possible. You need minimum 22 points in ranger to get a pet that scales past 34.

Plane Walker

Impossible. You can't do anything significant with only 15 points left.

Go 32 ranger and 32 other soul

OK Moved the waisted points in improved final blow to Cruel Vengence.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rcu.iItRGqgRss

You can't. First Ranger pet that will level to 50 is the Greater Razorbeast, at 24 deep.

Edit: Forgot that Greater Dire Wolf goes to 50 as well, so 22 deep as gulian said =)
    Last edited by Rokenn; 02-13-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinasdf View Post
    Impossible. You can't do anything significant with only 15 points left.

Go 32 ranger and 32 other soul
    Well that is just lame lol. I have good 32/32 builds already I was trying to make a really fun 51 point NB. Stupid rules on pet only lasting to 30 destroyed my fun idea oh well.

Shadowlander

Well that is just lame lol. I have good 32/32 builds already I was trying to make a really fun 51 point NB. Stupid rules on pet only lasting to 30 destroyed my fun idea oh well.
    Personally, I would drop Ranger for Riftstalker... maybe put points into it for the +15% attack power. The zero point teleport is just TOO much fun to pass up and really helps you to get out of danger fast if you need to. Course, I hate pets so I could be biased there.

Nightblade is a pretty fun soul so go out there and have some fun with it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast