+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 15% dex vs Heat retention

Telaran

Default 15% dex vs Heat retention

I'm messing around with the soul calc. Came out with a decent pure dps build for the hell of it. Trying to decide which is better to spend my last 5 points on. Heat retention or ambidextrous. I've never tried heat retention before. Do you get 2 stacks if you use an ability that gives 2 combo points? Does the damage buff apply to poison damage? Does the 30% finisher bonus apply to final blow?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cxsf00b.VV0V0o

Points are currently in blade dancer in that build.

Ascendant

heat retention is better than 15% dex by about a bajilion. if you are a NB and dont invest at least 3 points into HR than you shouldnt go any higher than 15% damage on point builders and finishers (10 points). And no 2 point builders only count as 1 stack towards HR. And that build has so many holes.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Telaran

Holes like what? It's supposed to be a pure single target dps build. Nothing else.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbape View Post
    Holes like what? It's supposed to be a pure single target dps build. Nothing else.
    Holes in the sense of, it's not very good? You are either going too high into NB for a Sin/BD build, or you are spending way too many points in Sin/BD for a NB/Sin build.

Like jay said, if you are going NB, either don't go over 10 points, or go all the way up.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fxsfodbR.VVzVz

that would do, I cant imagine assassin without a slip away skill

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Holes in the sense of, it's not very good? You are either going too high into NB for a Sin/BD build, or you are spending way too many points in Sin/BD for a NB/Sin build.

Like jay said, if you are going NB, either don't go over 10 points, or go all the way up.

Lol are you serious? Please show what spec you came up with that's more or less better for pure dps using NB/assassin? There really isn't one.

Going any higher in NB won't give more damage than the other options in the other trees. There isn't a better no cool down, one combo point, 30 energy ability than back stab damage wise. And final blow(depending on how much they buffed it) get's more benefits through souls than any other finisher.
    Last edited by Greatbape; 02-13-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbape View Post
    Please show what spec you came up with that's more or less better for pure dps using NB/assassin? There really isn't one.
    Ha, you made me laugh. You didn't realise that heat retention >>>>>>> +15% dex and you're insistent that your dps build is the best dps build period.
    Last edited by General_Armchair; 02-13-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by General_Armchair View Post
    Ha, you made me laugh. You didn't realise that heat retention >>>>>>> +15% dex and you're insistent that your dps build is the best dps build period.
    Waiting on that link or an explanation. And secondly I said I've never tried heat retention. I don't know if it only applies to NB finishers or not. 3rd of all....When did I say it was the best? I said show me a better one using NB and assassin.
    Last edited by Greatbape; 02-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Plane Touched

Let me put it this way. Your dps is going to drop to near zero after knockback->snare.

Try getting SOME kinds of anti-cc so you aren't hard countered by anyone with the most basic of CC.
    Last edited by General_Armchair; 02-13-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Telaran

I said it was a pure dps spec. Not pvp. Not solo grinding. Instanced single target dps only. Like raids or instances. Competent tank and healer. Only job is to burn the enemy down asap. Pretty sure everyone is gonna need a pure dps spec. With 4 roles and being able to change on the fly it shouldn't be a problem. As for knockbacks and CC. Nightblade has enough mid range abilities to hold over until getting back into range. If I know the fight is gonna be to hazardous for melee I'll roll one of the ranged specs.
    Last edited by Greatbape; 02-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by General_Armchair View Post
    Let me put it this way. Your dps is going to drop to near zero after knockback->snare.

Try getting SOME kinds of anti-cc so you aren't hard countered by anyone with the most basic of CC.
    This is what i meant by holes.

Plane Touched

Many PvE mobs/bosses have their own CC. You're still gonna need anti-cc if you don't wanna be one of those dime-a-dozen dps classes that are easily replaced.

He's talking about a PVE raid/rift build. Slip away, etc, are mostly useless (Yes, Boss's have AE's but so far the ones I've encountered are very, very easy to avoid without evade abilities).

Soulwalker

this is my high output dps build i think i will be using

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0VMftcboz.V0x

EDIT: for pvp
    Last edited by daimy0; 02-13-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    You say you play for fun, but if i own you, who is having fun? me? or you?

I had plans to switch to this in open beta to test somethings out.

Check it out if it helps you any. Night Assassin

Keep in mind some of the points are put into, assuming, Enhanced Weapon Enchantments / Poison Potency / Unstable State / Heat Retention all build on each other and all increase weapon enchantment damage (be it assassin poison or nb enchantment)

for a possible damage increase of 30% EWE + 10% HR + 9% US + 15% PP = 64% increase (to at least the assassin poisons) damage.

Edit : build is for pvp
    Last edited by Shoddy; 02-13-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    I am the edge, do you dare try and stand on me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast